Sujet : SimBrief + A310 show me "Pending"

Cthulhus

Hello,
I would like to import my SimBrief flight into the A310's MCDU, but when I go on ACARS (after indicating my Username), when I click on REQUEST SIMBRIEF, it indicates "PENDING" and it doesn't import anythings. Do I need a paid account on SimBrief for this to work?

Thank you for your help.

• Like 1

Network requests from code (from WASM, at least, not sure about JS/HTML instruments) are impacted by MSFS server status. Due to the popularity of the 40th Anniversary update, the servers are under heavy load. The simbrief integration was tested heavily during the production phase. Until server load lightens, the SimBrief uplink may be unreliable, this is unfortunately largely out of our hands.

In the meantime you can use the SimBrief import/export in the iniManager under Pilot Support 🙂

2 hours ago, gumbyger said:

Network requests from code (from WASM, at least, not sure about JS/HTML instruments) are impacted by MSFS server status. Due to the popularity of the 40th Anniversary update, the servers are under heavy load. The simbrief integration was tested heavily during the production phase. Until server load lightens, the SimBrief uplink may be unreliable, this is unfortunately largely out of our hands.

In the meantime you can use the SimBrief import/export in the iniManager under Pilot Support 🙂

Sorry, that's not understandable for me. I've the Pending-Problem from the first time on Friday. But I've no problem with all the other aircraft with working simbrief integration in the past and even during the last two days. I think all the other Aircraft needs well working Microsoft Servers as well. So for my opinion the servers do their job in the last two days as well. And I take carefully in consideration to be online, with working live weather, observing the option/data menu etc. etc. - But no chance to get the simbrief data into the  A310.

I saw in Youtube a working simbrief use with the A310 (Motuswa is the unser name). After succesfully using simbrief, switching to the init page, I saw in the upper left corner of the init page (co route) 8 space charakters filled with the ICAO Code auf the DepArr Airports. On my init page I have in the left uppert corner 7 blank space charakter, Slash and 3 blank space characters.? Do we have another version of the A310 then this user on youtube?

Regards

Wolfgang

Edited by p96
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, p96 said:

Sorry, that's not understandable for me. I've the Pending-Problem from the first time on Friday. But I've no problem with all the other aircraft with working simbrief integration in the past and even during the last two days. I think all the other Aircraft needs well working Microsoft Servers as well. So for my opinion the servers do their job in the last two days as well. And I take carefully in consideration to be online, with working live weather, observing the option/data menu etc. etc. - But no chance to get the simbrief data into the  A310.

I saw in Youtube a working simbrief use with the A310 (Motuswa is the unser name). After succesfully using simbrief, switching to the init page, I saw in the upper left corner of the init page (co route) 8 space charakters filled with the ICAO Code auf the DepArr Airports. On my init page I have in the left uppert corner 7 blank space charakter, Slash and 3 blank space characters.? Do we have another version of the A310 then this user on youtube?

Regards

Wolfgang

Different planes use different kinds of implementation on how to get SimBrief data.

I can assure you that Motuswa does not have a different version of this aircraft. The CO RTE fields get automatically filled with the flightplan import.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Noble41 said:

To the Author - Simbrief is a paid service.  Simbrief released a new update, at least for my version as it now reads the A310.  I hope this helps. 

I thought simBrief is free to use? At least I do not pay a single Cent to use it.

• Like 1

Guys, as a workaround you could save the FMS file directly in the A310's data directory, using the simBrief Downloader application. I have configured the simBrief Downloader to save files for the category "iniBuilds Flightplan" in the SIM-path YOURSIMDIRECTORY\Official\OneStore\microsoft-aircraft-a310-300\Data\FMS plans . Now, when you enter the desired city-pair on the INIT-page of your A310 FMS, it will find the flightplan and ask you if you want to use that one, or not.

Edited by FlyingFox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/14/2022 at 4:57 AM, gumbyger said:

As said before, it is largely out of our hands. If you really need a FPL import, please use the iniManager Pilot Support Import/Export feature.

At this point, I really wouldn't think server load can be blamed any longer.  I noted this on other equivalent threads, but if all other solutions used by other aircraft models are working, and this solution is not working for such a wide swath of users, then there must be issues with the implementation.  I don't think any of the other aircraft with similar imports have such a sensitivity to server load in the first place.  I doubt the solution is really "out of our hands"; I would suggest a deeper debug, and acknowledgement that it's an issue due to unknown causes at this time.  I am still having this issue (Pending comes up immediately), at any time of day, for several days straight.  the Ini manager method does work for now.  I've tried using simbrief username (not pilot ID), navigraph alias, etc. but still get the same exact behavior. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dihedral said:

Just posted this in another thread, maybe it will work for you. Go to page 2 and last post from me. If you have a SB alias name, try that in the FMS instead of your username. Worked for me.

So my username is the same as my alias, and I'm still getting PENDING.  

thanks

Same problem here. I also tried username instead of alias, but the menu stays on "pending". I can import Simbrief data in iniManager and other aircraft (e.g. JustFlight 146) using the same login, so that can't be the cause.

Edited by Johan217

9 hours ago, M L said:

At this point, I really wouldn't think server load can be blamed any longer.  I noted this on other equivalent threads, but if all other solutions used by other aircraft models are working, and this solution is not working for such a wide swath of users, then there must be issues with the implementation.  I don't think any of the other aircraft with similar imports have such a sensitivity to server load in the first place.  I doubt the solution is really "out of our hands"; I would suggest a deeper debug, and acknowledgement that it's an issue due to unknown causes at this time.  I am still having this issue (Pending comes up immediately), at any time of day, for several days straight.  the Ini manager method does work for now.  I've tried using simbrief username (not pilot ID), navigraph alias, etc. but still get the same exact behavior. 

The implemantation for the simbrief import is very easy. You can DM me your simbrief username and i can check it on my end if you´re maybe doing something wrong. I know it is hard to believe that it is out of our hands as it works fine for other planes, but you´ll have to take my word for it.

My simbrief user name is in the format "First name" "Last name" - till now I have been using my alias which is b3lt3r as that would seem to fit in the available space. I'm just completing a flight to Iceland but as soon as I'm down there I'll fire up the 310 and try various further permutations. 

I originally also tried my simbrief user id (the numeric one) as the WT mod used that but all my other planes I use b3lt3r.

Will update once I've tried the variations.

Edited by b3lt3r

48 minutes ago, b3lt3r said:

My simbrief user name is in the format "First name" "Last name" - till now I have been using my alias which is b3lt3r as that would seem to fit in the available space. I'm just completing a flight to Iceland but as soon as I'm down there I'll fire up the 310 and try various further permutations. 

I originally also tried my simbrief user id (the numeric one) as the WT mod used that but all my other planes I use b3lt3r.

Will update once I've tried the variations.

No, the b3lt3r one is the correct one, I can import a fpl with that. (EBLG/BIKF)

29 minutes ago, gumbyger said:

No, the b3lt3r one is the correct one, I can import a fpl with that. (EBLG/BIKF)

That was the flight I just completed. Now the 310 is sat on the ground at EDDM and I've set a new plan in SB EDDM/EGKK. Pressed import and straight to Pending....

I assume the fact that the alias is in caps doesn't matter? In SB my alias is b3lt3r