(too) Bad fps

Janniklpyt

I have extremly bad fps in the a310. I tried both the enhanced and the standard model, it doesn't make a difference. I also tried different (small) airports. And please don't tell me that my settings are too high- i have about 20(!) more fps in the Fenix. And my machine isn't that bad either.
(i9-12900K, RTX3090Ti, 64GB Ram)

• Like 3

I have a potato PC granted, i74790k and 1070. 

Cold and dark at MaccoSim EGCC in the Fenix A320, around 20-22 FPS. 

PMDG 737-800 25-30FPS (easily). 

Inibuilds A310 - 12 FPS slideshow.

1080P running low - medium settings

Edited by sidfadc

Hi, same problem here, i have:

I5 9600K

32gb ram

Rtx 2060 Super 8Gb

Tested in LIML (payware airport) 15-25 fps A310, B737 Pmdg 40\50 Fps, Fenix A320 30\40

With A310 Cpu and Gpu seems are sleeping, 35\40% cpu use and 20\25 Fps Gpu with low gpu clock, 1200\1500 mhz and not 1900 max

1080P change from low to ultra hight setting, change 2\3 fps only, i try both dx11 and 12 and dlss yes and not.

I hope can help you to investigate.

Chiming in, registered just to post.

• i9-12900k
  • 32GB RAM
  • 3070Ti
  • DX12 enabled
  • Enhancement addon downloaded from Market.

Loaded in to KLAX with no in game flight plan created, loads just fine, albeit with a minor notice to FPS.  
Loaded in to KLAX with an IFR in game plan created, slideshow + extended load time.

Tested at KIAH as well, both cold and dark and "Ready to fly" on the runway, with the same results. 

Filing an in game flight plan, at least with IFR, seems to absolutely kill it.

Edited by kokuryuha

My A310 has not compiled properly.
On first load it loaded in less than a minute.
When I look in my LocalState\packages\microsoft-aircraft-a310-300 folder there is just a work folder and no other files. No dll, lib, cache, obj or pdb files at all. Completely empty except for the work folder.
Looks like the WASM is not compiling properly.

I was not in dev mode, and have not had dev mode enabled for months.
I had the A310 installed within 30mins of the launch and did not run the A310 before installing the Enhanced package.
So my first run was with the Enhanced included if that makes any difference.

42 minutes ago, atcogl said:

My A310 has not compiled properly.
On first load it loaded in less than a minute.
When I look in my LocalState\packages\microsoft-aircraft-a310-300 folder there is just a work folder and no other files. No dll, lib, cache, obj or pdb files at all. Completely empty except for the work folder.
Looks like the WASM is not compiling properly.

I was not in dev mode, and have not had dev mode enabled for months.
I had the A310 installed within 30mins of the launch and did not run the A310 before installing the Enhanced package.
So my first run was with the Enhanced included if that makes any difference.

I think the best you can do is to open a separate topic on your issue. As it is not relatable to this topic, bad FPS.

12 minutes ago, ErikSchlijper said:

I think the best you can do is to open a separate topic on your issue. As it is not relatable to this topic, bad FPS.

it actually could be related, and is our primary focus of investigation. The plane is currently acting as if Fast WASM Compilation is enabled, which will drastically reduce FPS

• Like 1

i have horrendous fps. any other aircraft i get at least 30 fps (ultra settings)

i even dropped down to high settings and only got 2-5 more fps.

specs:

2060 sc (overclocked)

i5 10400

16 gigs of ddr4 .

please try to fix performance as i really like this model.

The first time I went to FLY  the A310, it took exactly 55 seconds to get to the flight. A very short time.

Using  (Feel There) LAX to (ORBX Burbank 2), I get 24 fps sitting on the runway and the lowest fps near LAX going straight out West is 18 fps. And stutters and 12 fps at Burbank. In a general aviation plane, I get over 50 on the runway and never under 30 anywhere in this flight and no stutters.

Developers mode menu, Options, Display WASM Debug Window:

2022-11-11_21-36-18.png

Edited by A.C. Ratone

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\microsoft-aircraft-a310-300

I went to the above folder but it has no files in it, it does however have other folders in it. So I have no clue as to what subfolder might need to have files inside to be removed so as to reboot MSFS and see what happens. 

1 hour ago, Kevci4 said:

Fixed it! Realized that you can uninstall and reinstall it from the content manager, and I did. The outcome? Back up to 50-60 FPS! As it should be with a i7-12700F and a 3060 TI. Has anyone tried this?

i tried but still no more than 15 fps

9 hours ago, kokuryuha said:

Chiming in, registered just to post.

• i9-12900k
  • 32GB RAM
  • 3070Ti
  • DX12 enabled
  • Enhancement addon downloaded from Market.

Loaded in to KLAX with no in game flight plan created, loads just fine, albeit with a minor notice to FPS.  
Loaded in to KLAX with an IFR in game plan created, slideshow + extended load time.

Tested at KIAH as well, both cold and dark and "Ready to fly" on the runway, with the same results. 

Filing an in game flight plan, at least with IFR, seems to absolutely kill it.

Reinstalled, restarting the sim after uninstall/reinstall/flight, WASM is release:release, don't know if it was debug before.  Now the flight plan thing doesn't matter, but still a decent FPS hit.  10-25 at KLAX, whereas I get 40+ usually with other airliners.

• Administrators

We have identified an issue that somehow some users WASM is not compiling and is in DEBUG.

This is not intended, and we have sent a message to MS/Asobo.

Some people have found some workarounds, but this is still under investigation. 

Like the PMDG, the A310 is a WASM aircraft, so should take at least some time to load in. If you are loading in <60 seconds something has gone wrong and could explain your poor FPS.

This is an ongoing investigation, so we request your patience, and be sure that we will get this resolved for you as soon as we can. 

Those with good FPS and normal operation, please guide anyone struggling here to this note / our discord thread.  

Many thanks. 

• Like 2

I also have a huge frame drop with the A310. I have a high end PC and for example with the Latin VFR KSAN scenery Im getting on the PMDG flightdeck 50+ frames..with the A310 I was getting 22-25 frames

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550
Asus Ryzen 9 5900X
EVGA RTX 3070
64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz
EVGA 850W Power Supply
1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4
1 TB NVME PICE gen 4
Windows 10

Had similar issue with performance, mine seemed to load quickly first time so I wonder if this might be the issue.

To note, I have a RTX 4090/AMD 7700x and even with DLSS Frame Generation on, on approach into CYYZ the frames dropped massively to <20 fps. Not had this issue with other planes.

i am flying now over socal at FL180 test flight with no addons in community folder. im at cruise flight in dev mode watching fps monitor. its literally cruising at 60fps and than every 15-20 seconds it drops to 25-30 fps and stutterfest, than goes back to 60fps and does this repetitively whole flight. thats without me panning inside vc. if i pan right when it drops in fps monitor, its major stutter. 

12700k/2080ti/32gb ram , happens with TAA or DLSS and if i drop TLOD from 100 to 25 still does it . 

Edited by Koawood