(too) Bad fps

Janniklpyt

1 hour ago, aceridgey said:

Just come to say mine loaded in straight away

That's not a good sign. It means the plane is broken. In my case instead of 45+ I go down to under 20 at high density scenery near ground level. Unflyable in other words with lots of stutters. No other plane stutters. I think I have about 12 3rd party planes. 

I am experience severe performance issues with the A310 in MSFS which only occur with this aircraft. The main issues with performance appear to be on take off and departure and then approach, where frames will drop to below 5fps.

I have a capable system that usually runs MSFS with complex aircraft at over 40fps at 4K on ultra-graphics settings.

System

Ryzen 9 5950X
64GB Ram
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 Founders Edition, 24GB video memory
PCIe 4 nvme SSD
Windows 11 Pro

Airports tested; San Jose (KSJC) and Toulouse (LFBO).

UPDATE:

I have appeared to have solved my issue with dropping frames. When I updated MSFS to SU11 (40th Anniversary Edition) I remember to empty my community folder before installing. However, I did forget that sometimes there is an issue if you do not delete the rolling cache within MSFS.

After going to Options > General Options > Data and selecting Delete Rolling Cache from the Rolling Cache Settings section, restart the simulator and now the A310 runs very smooth at 43fps or higher at 4K in Ultra settings on my system.

Your milage may vary, but worth a try.

I usually get 21-24 FPS with Fenix + FSLTL at a complext airport like Aerosoft Brussles and everything is smooth. Took A310 for a spin at Seattle Tacome (default) without any AI traffic and got a lot of stuttring. Not sure what to do here, any help will be appreciated.

i7 12700K, RTX3070, 32 Gb RAM (3200MHz) all running at 1440p.

On 11/12/2022 at 5:59 PM, iniBuilds said:

We have identified an issue that somehow some users WASM is not compiling and is in DEBUG.

This is not intended, and we have sent a message to MS/Asobo.

Some people have found some workarounds, but this is still under investigation. 

Like the PMDG, the A310 is a WASM aircraft, so should take at least some time to load in. If you are loading in <60 seconds something has gone wrong and could explain your poor FPS.

This is an ongoing investigation, so we request your patience, and be sure that we will get this resolved for you as soon as we can. 

Those with good FPS and normal operation, please guide anyone struggling here to this note / our discord thread.  

Many thanks. 

Mine definetly took more than 60 seconds, more like under 2 minutes but definetly not more than that. Is there a way I can check WASM compilation?

I don't remember how quickly it loaded on my first flight, but it was certainly much faster than any other high fidelity airliner I have. Probably less than a minute.

I can also confirm that there are no compiled files in my %appdata%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\microsoft-aircraft-a310-300 folder.

Edited by Pixel of Life

6 hours ago, pchitkara said:

Mine definetly took more than 60 seconds, more like under 2 minutes but definetly not more than that. Is there a way I can check WASM compilation?

WASM configuration on first start can take 10min or more on SSD hard drive may take even longer on standard HDD. If you want to check if the WASM has been configured. Launch MSFS at go to options>general settings>developers and enable developer mode.  Then select the A310 and spawn at any airport of your preference. Once loaded at the developer mode toolbar on top of the window, select options and locate "display WASM debug window". Open it and locate the ini a310. If it is loaded which for most of us it did not, the dll path should have a folder path specified.  For example the image below the a310 did not have dll path and the other wasm module i select for e.g GSX it had proper dll path located. Checks on Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\microsoft-aircraft-a310-300 only shows the work folder and nothing else. If the A310 had been configured correctly it should have a bunch of dll cache files inside of nearly 50-200mb in size.

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2022.11.12 - 21.20.47.83.png

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2022.11.12 - 21.25.27.59.png

Edited by chinjh
  • Like 1

Inibuilds made an excellent plane, after 14 years flying in simulators, I can say that it was an excellent job.

We are all looking forward to flying with frames that make it at least possible. Please, Inibuilds, help us, maybe releasing a hotfix or small update to solve the frame problem. We are all very excited.

Unfortunately, none of the various alternatives had any effect, KJFK at 8 fps.

image.png

2 hours ago, chinjh said:

WASM configuration on first start can take 10min or more on SSD hard drive may take even longer on standard HDD. If you want to check if the WASM has been configured. Launch MSFS at go to options>general settings>developers and enable developer mode.  Then select the A310 and spawn at any airport of your preference. Once loaded at the developer mode toolbar on top of the window, select options and locate "display WASM debug window". Open it and locate the ini a310. If it is loaded which for most of us it did not, the dll path should have a folder path specified.  For example the image below the a310 did not have dll path and the other wasm module i select for e.g GSX it had proper dll path located. Checks on Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\microsoft-aircraft-a310-300 only shows the work folder and nothing else. If the A310 had been configured correctly it should have a bunch of dll cache files inside of nearly 50-200mb in size.

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2022.11.12 - 21.20.47.83.png

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2022.11.12 - 21.25.27.59.png

The aircraft loads into the aircraft within 30s from the world map. And there is only the work folder inside the packages folder.

Ryzen 5 3600
32GB
2060 Super

No problems with other high fidelity aircrafts. 

I have reinstalled MSFS, deleted rolling cache. Tested with nothing in the community folder. Tried all the tips and tricks from above.

But as you can see in my picture it's in debug mode.

Toini.png

Those with low frame rates are advised to trim down the graphic settings and to temporary use 1080p plus dlss and fly at less dense airport. I get 38fps at low dense airport and running high end settings. But the moment i start out at very big airports it dips to 18-22fps and i have to start lowering my settings. Far cry from fenix which gave me 42fps at very heavy airports and even more frames with pmdg both on higher graphic settings.

Am not sure how fast can asobo issue out an update for marketplace aircraft. I own the indiafoxtecho t-45c from marketplace and that aircraft update was always nearly weeks behind the non marketplace version. It was also the same sentiment for the marketplace aerosoft twin otter and crj. It was one of the reason for me to avoid buying payware aircrafts directly from marketplace.

Just hope ini and asobo can expedite the update far quicker than the others and not make us wait for more than 7 days for something this critical. 

Edited by chinjh

37 minutes ago, pchitkara said:

How do we resolve the WASM compilation issue? First load for A310, after SU11 update took the same time as usual indication the compilaiotn did not happen.

Nothing much we can do but wait for ini to pass the fix to asobo and for asobo to push the update. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, pchitkara said:

Have there been any indications as to when will the optimized version with WASM compilation fix be released?

So far nothing. But the ini devs are in the midst of rectifying. Only thing that worries me is how fast asobo would push the update. Here's where one may see it being preferable to have the aircraft installed out of asobo encryption whereby updates can be quicker. But you cannot deny ini was good by handing over the a310 to asobo and enabling it to be free for all simmers. Now we just have to be patient. 

Hello everybody, WASM issue

I know it's not recommended, but I just did a clean install of MSFS and my frames went from 13 to 28. It took 5 hours to download the whole MSFS again, but I'd rather give it a 5 hour try than wait for ASOBO's response that can take weeks.... as I don't know how the frames are without the WASM problem, I think it worked, it increased a lot, in KJFK it went from 8 to 21, in SBGR it went from 15 to 29. If want to try, there is a risk, but I prefer it to anxiety.

Thats how mine looks. Again different from what is shown up there.... How can there be many different versions of this issue.

image.png

6 hours ago, Pauloed said:

Hello everybody, WASM issue

I know it's not recommended, but I just did a clean install of MSFS and my frames went from 13 to 28. It took 5 hours to download the whole MSFS again, but I'd rather give it a 5 hour try than wait for ASOBO's response that can take weeks.... as I don't know how the frames are without the WASM problem, I think it worked, it increased a lot, in KJFK it went from 8 to 21, in SBGR it went from 15 to 29. If want to try, there is a risk, but I prefer it to anxiety.

That sadly doesnt tell anything. A fresh install often runs fatster than an older one with tons of stuff installed.

If you dont have wasm/cache/build files in the LocalState folder then all the new install didnt help for this problem 🙂

Not saying it didnt fix it but as long you dont check for the build version or dll path, like seen in my pic, you will not know the truth.

Edited by Senchay

"How can there be many different versions of this issue"

Seems to be how this game is, everyone is on different pc, settings and equipment, what works for me, might not work for you. I get roughly 25fps flying A310, not too bad for me personally but if I ALT-GRD and pop out the PFD or ND I get average of 55fps. I do not know why, I thought it would be opposite and lower FPS, guess you just have to experiment for your own systems

It seems like it the fix for this problem didn’t make it on the first beta, any news on when can we expect to be fixed? Seems really unfair that we can’t enjoy this beautiful aircraft with the great performance that everyone else has…

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/beta-update-1-29-29-0-nov-17th-2022/558006?fbclid=IwAR2OGNogvMyN1GDJUldlz2GJFcIOvgoc2YWHT98lzHvx9zoc_QbmG3woaXs

I noticed something strange today. Haven't flown for 2 or 3 days and the last time I remembered flying the A310, the wasm modules where in "DEBUG" mode, like it was for everybody else. I changed absolutely nothing and just decided to check if this is still the case, now both (main module and fuel system) seem to be in "RELEASE" state?

The "work" foulder though (where all the compiled .dlls should be in) is still empty.

a310_1.thumb.png.3f2c06ad79736d896f64a3fdbbf3390c.png

a310_2_2.thumb.jpg.70adb2a0ee8feda9f8769bd55e4edd9a.jpg

(In case you wonder about my FPS, don't. I'm running a heavily overclocked (5.7 - 6.2 GHz) 13900k on a custom water loop and DDR5-7200 with tightened timings, so not the most common setup - i still get 10 to 20 FPS more in the Fenix or PMDG and I'm still CPU limited with the A310. For me it was always flyable but it's still more demanding than the other complex aircraft. The FPS don't have improved or worsened for me since WASM says "RELEASE" for the build type)

Edited by FlyingOnRails