RESOLVED: ILS RWY 09L/09R not working EGLL

abdulaziz

Yeah I'm also having issues with not being able to capture ILS on 09 runways, working fine when approaching 27.  It appears that there is no ILS signal being broadcast towards the west. I've also tried various versions of the A32NX and deleting content.xml without success. 

• Administrators

Could you guys try to remove everything else from your Community folder except Heathrow?

Otherwise I suggest you wait for the next update to see if we can resolve this issue since the configuration for the runway and ILS here can't be further changed or improved or else we are unable to make the approach correctly.

@xChris93 - so I assume this was no resolution for you?

Cheers.

• Like 1

Max
iniBuilds | Management - Art Director
inibuilds.com

9 hours ago, Max said:

Could you guys try to remove everything else from your Community folder except Heathrow?

Otherwise I suggest you wait for the next update to see if we can resolve this issue since the configuration for the runway and ILS here can't be further changed or improved or else we are unable to make the approach correctly.

Cheers.

I wonder if it's due to the old Heathrow for those with a premium edition? 

I removed the Asobo Heathrow from the content manager.. Is there any chance something has remained?

I appreciate its a challenging one for you guys but I worry your tone is becoming, "it's not happening on our machines so we can't help". That's a very famous line from a couple of well known sim developers........ 

31 minutes ago, aceridgey said:

I wonder if it's due to the old Heathrow for those with a premium edition? 

I removed the Asobo Heathrow from the content manager.. Is there any chance something has remained?

I appreciate its a challenging one for you guys but I worry your tone is becoming, "it's not happening on our machines so we can't help". That's a very famous line from a couple of well known sim developers........ 

To be fair I uninstalled the Asobo version and had the ILS issues, but after deleting the content.xml the problem went. I use Heathrow quite a lot and have not had a problem since, and have used a number of different builds of the EXP and DEV versions of the FBW A32NX. I do use the Addons Linker tool and just load the scenery and aircraft for the particular flight I'm about to do, and once every couple of weeks I delete the content.xml file.

19 hours ago, Max said:

Cheers.

Hi Max, 

It worked for me once, now that doesn't work... even when populating the LS radio nav page properly. I manually entered 110.3 (ILS  09L/27R) and was unable to pick up the localiser/GS approaching 09 however when crossing 0DME and on 27 side, they both became available. 

Looking through my community folder I'm struggling to see what could cause conflict. Only potential source could be navigraph data? I'm using the current airac cycle. 

Thanks for your support!

Tested with empty community folder and still no ILS on 09 runways 😕 I'm not sure how anybody is getting theirs to work consistently...... I even tried a fresh install of the scenery, deleted content file so many times now lol!

I think that I've finally managed to isolate the issue and have a method to reproduce the problem but also resolve it.

@Ubaid I'm using the FBW A32NX Dev model. 

My method was as follows; 

- Delete rolling cache then exit sim.

- Move everything except EGLL scenery within community folder to a temporary folder.

- Delete content.xml file and then delete all items within scenery indexes folder. 

- Run flight sim and rebuild cache then exit.

- Move previous community items back in to community folder.

- Run sim and should be fixed! 

However issue reoccurs if content.xml is deleted and rebuilt with all items within community folder (this is likely the issue everyone is having). 

Thanks and hope this helps anyone else in a similar position! Other than this, the scenery is excellent and with a 3080TI it runs smoothly on my machine. I noticed an fps improvement by also performing the above steps. 

Edited by xChris93
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2022 at 10:13 AM, xChris93 said:

My method was as follows; 

- Delete rolling cache then exit sim.

- Move everything except EGLL scenery within community folder to a temporary folder.

- Delete content.xml file and then delete all items within scenery indexes folder. 

- Run flight sim and rebuild cache then exit.

- Move previous community items back in to community folder.

- Run sim and should be fixed! 

@xChris93 I have MSFS Premium edition and updating to EGLL V1.2 didn't fix the ILS 09 L/R, but following your instructions has worked for my installation. Thank you very much for taking the time to list these steps. It's great to be able to have a fully-working Heathrow!

Hopefully iniBuilds will be able to address this in the next release.

Edited by Papa Golf
Got formatting wrong
  • Like 1

Removed everything from the community folder except Heathrow, deleted the Scenery indexes folder, rolling cache is off, I don't use it, fired up the sim, flew to Heathrow 9R, still no ILS. It's sad paying good money for a great product and you have to mess about trying to fix it.

Edited by Biggles

53 minutes ago, Biggles said:

Removed everything from the community folder except Heathrow, deleted the Scenery indexes folder, rolling cache is off, I don't use it, fired up the sim, flew to Heathrow 9R, still no ILS. It's sad paying good money for a great product and you have to mess about trying to fix it.

You mention that you have cache off, but have you made sure you have deleted any prior to turning off?

Okay, just trying to rule out the simple things that people have found to have fixed the issue. Really strange how some people are affected and some not, mine was simply deleting the content.xml file. Hope you find a fix soon.

Carried out some more testing.

As I was flying the FBW A-320 in my post above,  I thought I'd try the Asobo A-320. 

Flew a 09L App - No ILS, as soon as I was at the 27 end, the ILS came alive. Did a 180, still had 27 ILS. Passed over EGLL, lost ILS.

Flew to EGKK (freeware airport) flew a 26R App - good ILS all the way - I-WW. Passed EGKK - 08R ILS came alive I-GG.

I then followed xChris93's instructions and then removed all my addons except your EGLL airport.

I then repeated my tests exactly the same with exactly the same results.