Bugs after update 1.02

Alexair

Hi Inibuilds,

Couple of bugs after the latest update:

- Still can't hear the altitude alerter at all.

- The green MODE CHG in the nav display remain all the time, is it normal ?

- Outside pacs sounds are very loud (they are quite loud in real life but that's a bit too much) and as soon as the engine are started you can hear the engine but the pacs sounds disappear totally.

Thanks,

Just now, FDX3056 said:

I also get an "unable to find safe performance data" warning and no takeoff performance data in the Performance App. 

For which airport/airports?

I had this at EWR on v1.01 under certain wind conditions.

Robert Schumacher

Departing PHNL as soon as AP is enabled (NAV, Profile, AT) Airplane takes an ever tighter right spiral.  AP off and manual recovery, rinse wash repeat.  Was working mostly great before tonight's patch

Edited by jskibo

The only things that are better with 1.02 is the sound mixing and the landing behaviour (ballooning). Many other bugs still exist (e.g. occasionally CTD when loading the pax version). New bugs appear.

For example, when going into LVL CH and the plane reaches the dialed alt, the FMA won't go out of ALT* (alt star) mode. Hence: things like RNAV approaches don't work anymore since it doesn't arm P.DES. Have to test a bit further, if this was a one timer or not. The plane also seems to be a bit more wobbly in crz (but that could also be the weather, have to check).

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ual763 said:

For which airport/airports?

I had this at EWR on v1.01 under certain wind conditions.

I was at KMEM which I had flown out of several times before on v1.01 without issues. This was new to me and I tried several takeoff configurations (bleeds off, anti-ice on/off, different flap settings) to see if it would calculate them but the same result.

Sorry, but me again: is someone having any touchdown feedback with 1.02. I have no sound or anything else. Couldn't actually say if I touched the ground. Two landings in a row now (I landed smoothly though, but still...).

23 hours ago, JetNoise said:

Couldn't get RNAV to work, which worked before. P.DES blue etc missing now ...

Tried at EDDL and LFSB runways ....

Despite that on climbs and descents FMA remains on ALT*

Can confirm this behavior. This happened to me in LFBD while landing to rw 05 and chose to use rnav approach. - - The plane descended using vs mode to platform altitude but remained in alt* mode and never went to alt mode.

- MDA was set in the to/appr page

- The final x.xx was confirmed in to/appr page. VDEV appeared in that page and the it was below glide path according to it.

- NAV mode was the selected lateral mode.

- The plane was not past the FAF.

- Despite meeting these conditions, while pressing the profile button in fcu, nothing will happen, i.e not getting the blue P.Des and P.spd armed in FMA.

- if i don't do anything, the plane just flies level, I had to select altitude selector knob to mda and use vs to descend, i.e old school rnav approach.

On 1/6/2024 at 2:11 PM, B320Max8 said:

"Minimum" call after rotation

There was a tutorial from iniBuilds the dh was enabled and set to -5 during preflight preparation. I think the reason for this was something similar to what you heard. You may take a look at the a310 tutorial videos that iniBuilds did for MSFS.

53 minutes ago, p919h_lm said:

There was a tutorial from iniBuilds the dh was enabled and set to -5 during preflight preparation. I think the reason for this was something similar to what you heard. You may take a look at the a310 tutorial videos that iniBuilds did for MSFS.

or the fantastic YTs for the A300-600 for X-Plane ...

Oliver

58 minutes ago, p919h_lm said:

Can confirm this behavior. This happened to me in LFBD while landing to rw 05 and chose to use rnav approach. - - The plane descended using vs mode to platform altitude but remained in alt* mode and never went to alt mode.

- MDA was set in the to/appr page

- The final x.xx was confirmed in to/appr page. VDEV appeared in that page and the it was below glide path according to it.

- NAV mode was the selected lateral mode.

- The plane was not past the FAF.

- Despite meeting these conditions, while pressing the profile button in fcu, nothing will happen, i.e not getting the blue P.Des and P.spd armed in FMA.

- if i don't do anything, the plane just flies level, I had to select altitude selector knob to mda and use vs to descend, i.e old school rnav approach.

Fishing in the dark, but
I noticed that ALT*  (STAR) never changes to ALT, only if you press ALT (HOLD).  Maybe that info gets lost in the code for LNAV/VNAV since the update ...

2 hours ago, JetNoise said:

I noticed that ALT*  (STAR) never changes to ALT, only if you press ALT (HOLD).  Maybe that info gets lost in the code for LNAV/VNAV since the update

I tried things a bit more controlled this time and made sure I am in alt mode and not in alt star mode at the platform altitude.. and then before final approach fix, I pressed the profile button, rest of the prerequisites still applied, still pressing profile button did not change anything, so no arming of p.des / p.spd

This bug made the plane quite difficult to use for some off beat airports, specially if am not prepared for this beforehand.