Sudden loss of control 2.0 (Plane falls out of the sky) Part 2

pmplayer

Hello there, first time fro me I encountered this.

I run V1.03, did a previous flight of more of 3hours with no issue.
After having start back MSFS, on another flight, did have that after obtaining LOC* during an ILS interception. Was about at 4000ft, 220kn.
Avionics and engines were on during the fall. I didn't have time to notice the fuel or any other things (I wasn't aware of this topic).
I run a Ryzen 7 5800X with a 1080.
I did flown maybe 20 flights without any issue.
If it can helps.

I've also started experiencing this.  No issues prior to 1.03 update.  Last weekend I started a PHX-LAX flight and it dropped out of the air shortly after T/C. reloaded and did that flight plus about 6 more legs without issue.  Couple nights ago I tried OAK-PDX and it happened again during cruise.  Again hadn't had this happen once prior to the latest update.  

Tom Moretti

First time experiencing this problem tonight after at least 100 plus flights since purchasing the A300. I'm using v1.0.3 and during cruise phase at f/l 330 there was systems failure resulting in complete loss of control. Three lower MFD's went black and I lost power to the autopilot.

I'm not a great fan of random faults such as this but I'll persevere with the A300 and look out for any advice or suggested fixes...

Dave.

Maybe it has something to do with panel state corruption? I noticed that if I load up on the runway with all systems running and ready for takeoff, taxi to stand and shut down, I don’t have any problems. I did about 7 legs on Sunday without shutting the sim down. If I load up at the stand with C&D panel It seems to create the problem. 

Tom 

Yesterday I did a flight from LEBL to KJFK, no problems. Today I tried to do the return flight… but the plane didnt follow the flight plan… I guess I will wait for 1.0.4 or 1.0.5 

On 1/25/2024 at 9:23 PM, Nico - Gumby said:

One more question 😄 On the video on page 3 you can see that the total fuel goes to a very high number.

grafik.png.41eb3c642248d9805f1d56a9568ccafc.png

Can the others experiencing this "falling out of the sky" issue confirm this happening on their NDs as well?

I have the same problem. Out of multiple flights with A306, only 1 of them had no problems regarding the issue described in this topic.

So I started analyzing this problem from the user perspective and noticed the following:

• The problem happens on both ground and in the air. On the ground, the aircraft starts bouncing on the ground and ragdolling all over the apron. In the air it suddently falls down with master warning on, systems shutting down after a while (possible fuel starvation) and the flight control inputs are no more working.
  • On ground the problem can be fixed by reloading the fuel in the EFB and then repositioning the aircraft back to the stand.
  • In the air the problem can be fixed by shutting down the engine, reloading the fuel in the EFB, starting the APU and then starting back the engines. Usage of slew mode and active pause may partially help keeping the aircraft in the vicinity of the area where problem originally occured. Changing the fuel amount in MSFS weight and balance menu doesn't work.
  • There is an integer overflow (or underflow) in terms of the fuel in the left and right main tanks. I suppose this makes the aircraft so heavy that it bounces on the ground and suddenly falls down out of the sky.

image.thumb.png.5c8608916a714e937e900da9a661e06e.png

I'll continue analyzing this problem by loading some extra fuel so that the fuel in left and right main tank doesn't go down to 0. Furthermore, I'll explore further possibilities managing the fuel on board on this aircraft and let you know in case I have more findings.

Hope this information helps!

Best regards,
Rafał

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, rafalwlo said:

I have the same problem. Out of multiple flights with A306, only 1 of them had no problems regarding the issue described in this topic.

So I started analyzing this problem from the user perspective and noticed the following:

• The problem happens on both ground and in the air. On the ground, the aircraft starts bouncing on the ground and ragdolling all over the apron. In the air it suddently falls down with master warning on, systems shutting down after a while (possible fuel starvation) and the flight control inputs are no more working.
  • On ground the problem can be fixed by reloading the fuel in the EFB and then repositioning the aircraft back to the stand.
  • In the air the problem can be fixed by shutting down the engine, reloading the fuel in the EFB, starting the APU and then starting back the engines. Usage of slew mode and active pause may partially help keeping the aircraft in the vicinity of the area where problem originally occured. Changing the fuel amount in MSFS weight and balance menu doesn't work.
  • There is an integer overflow (or underflow) in terms of the fuel in the left and right main tanks. I suppose this makes the aircraft so heavy that it bounces on the ground and suddenly falls down out of the sky.

image.thumb.png.5c8608916a714e937e900da9a661e06e.png

I'll continue analyzing this problem by loading some extra fuel so that the fuel in left and right main tank doesn't go down to 0. Furthermore, I'll explore further possibilities managing the fuel on board on this aircraft and let you know in case I have more findings.

Hope this information helps!

Best regards,
Rafał

Thats a great finding 👍 and could possibly be the "Fall out of the Sky" problem, so hopefully this helps to fix this anoying Issue..

cheers 😉

After a 6h flight ( only had a one hour more in front )😐  i had it again: The "Fall out of the Sky" issue and i am realy mad now, tought it was fixed..

My MSFS Fuel and Weight panel looks the same like from user rafalwlo at the left main and reight main tanks, maybe this helps to finally find this anoying bug..

cheers 🤔

38 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

After a 6h flight ( only had a one hour more in front )😐  i had it again: The "Fall out of the Sky" issue and i am realy mad now, tought it was fixed..

My MSFS Fuel and Weight panel looks the same like from user rafalwlo at the left main and reight main tanks, maybe this helps to finally find this anoying bug..

cheers 🤔

1.0.4? I think this plane is cursed

I have to be silly and ask.  You guys are not using the in sim refueling, correct?  You are only using the EFB for fueling? I have not seen this (yet?) so I just wanted to confirm to see if there is a difference in what I am doing and what is being done that causes it.  

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

1 hour ago, Crabby said:

I have to be silly and ask.  You guys are not using the in sim refueling, correct?  You are only using the EFB for fueling? I have not seen this (yet?) so I just wanted to confirm to see if there is a difference in what I am doing and what is being done that causes it.  

Allways only us the EFB for fulling and i have the feeling it happens when the Left Main and Right Main tank comes to emty but seems not all the time like this..

I did the same flight today again and it woked but i had more fuel, at ILS flight i had around 2200kg in Left and Right Main Tanks what normal be emty at this time and still had my 3300kg or so in both the outer thanks.

I consciously did the extra filling to see how it behaves when the main tanks still have fuel and it worked, but I don't know if that's the real cause, but it could be an approach to see if the code fits..

cheers 😉

Yes, always refuel using the EFB.

BTW: today I found at ini manager that I had an update after updating to 1.0.5, a small one just 380bytes. 

Is there a new update after 1.0.5 or my files were corrupt/missing? Is this a possible cause for problems?

On 1/31/2024 at 9:50 PM, Jeff Green said:

I just completely upgraded my computer, and also reinstalled windows and MSFS from scratch.  I'm going to give it another go, but I'll record the whole flight and see if I can reproduce.  

After the hardware upgrade, I have not had this issue at all with everything turned all the way up and all add-ons that I usually use installed.  

1 hour ago, Jeff Green said:

After the hardware upgrade, I have not had this issue at all with everything turned all the way up and all add-ons that I usually use installed.  

It shure have nothing to do with that,  belive me..

cheers 😉

Well, after over 100 hours of flying the A300 with an average flight of about 3 hours each, never suffering any kind of issue, I came back from a short dinner while at cruise going from KDFW to KPHX at FL280.  Except I was not at FL280 but bouncing around on the ground near the Arizona border.  I have no idea what transpired, I was not at the controls, but the only thing that came to mind is the "falling out of the sky" issue.  

I don't know what the fuel state was as I was so pissed I didn't check. 

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

58 minutes ago, Crabby said:

Well, after over 100 hours of flying the A300 with an average flight of about 3 hours each, never suffering any kind of issue, I came back from a short dinner while at cruise going from KDFW to KPHX at FL280.  Except I was not at FL280 but bouncing around on the ground near the Arizona border.  I have no idea what transpired, I was not at the controls, but the only thing that came to mind is the "falling out of the sky" issue.  

I don't know what the fuel state was as I was so pissed I didn't check. 

So welcome to our "Fall out of the Sky" boat, it happens once for every one because its somehow a critical bug/issue so at some time no one is spared out - unfortunately !!

Hope inibuilds iron this on out once and for all the time anytime soon, a total immersion Killer..

And to keep on topic i had a 4h flight today and - boom - same thing happens to me at about half the flighttime and my tanks, Main and Outer had enough full so it seems it has nothing to do with a short before emty thanks issue, but i am not a programmer..

cheers 😉

• Haha 1

Same here for the first time....after a lot of flights.

Happened while approaching to LIMC (LIPO-LIMC).

No chance to recover the aircraft.

I do not know the fuel state at this time state even what could be the reason for that..and I did nothing else like

the flights before.

Cheers,

Chris