Sudden loss of control 2.0 (Plane falls out of the sky) Part 2

pmplayer

40 minutes ago, virtualstuff said:

Navigraph isn't supported they use the default MSFS airac to begin with 😉 so to rule out conflicts maybe useful to try...

I know this but this is no problem with all other Aircraft types i fly in MSFS but i have a look..

But seems not the case :

•  

16 hours ago, virtualstuff said:

To add curious if you guys have installed Navigraph in MSFS?

I don't. No Navigraph (i use my ipad), no FSUIPC, no GSX, no FS Realistic

..from Matteo Spacca !

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

45 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

I know this but this is no problem with all other Aircraft types i fly in MSFS but i have a look..

But seems not the case :

•  

•  

I don't. No Navigraph (i use my ipad), no FSUIPC, no GSX, no FS Realistic

..from Matteo Spacca !

cheers 😉

Tricky one to pinpoint when it's random behavior, next flight when it happens I would pause the sim and make screenshots of the ECAM screens and share... 
When going through the same flight again it works fine? otherwise happy to test here local...

@Nico - Gumby Maybe inibuilds has some log system for trouble shooting and monitoring at the local installation?

No, we don't have that unfortunatlely - not currently anyways. It would probably be possible.

Be asured though that we are very aware of this issue and are trying to fix it once and for all. It just is not very easy for us to reproduce.

It would be really helpful if people encountering this issue could list their hardware as well as all plugins they use when this issue occurs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ryzen 7 7800X3D ( not overclock no tweeks)
Asus ROG B-650 A-Gaming
Rtx 4090
32 GB DDR5 6000mhz ( no expo profiles)
GSync Monitor running 60hz with vsync on in nvidia CP and off in sim
TAA + Frame Gen

Apart from 3rd party airports + Fenix + PMDG no other addons installed

All drivers including bios and chipset are up to date. 
With V1.0.3 experienced the issue twice out of 9 or 10 flights

Matteo

Thank you inibuilds for a sign to try eliminate this gamebraker bug !!

I7 7820, Asus Prime X299 AII Motherbord, MSI 8GB 2080 super, 64GB Skill Trident Ram, WD Harddrives.

All my Add ons are linked with Addon Linker.

No other payware Aircraft is linked i only always link the plane i fly so at this time it is the A300.

I use some Payware Airports all linked ( no Freeware ) all MSFS planes are in use.

In use is Brian season, GSX, FSLTL.

And i use when needed the GTN750 but this is not linked if i fly an Airliner.

I have no stability Problems with my PC at all since years now and everything else i use with MSFS i do have no problems all works well.

Hope this helps..

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

I experienced twice this sudden "death" of the A300-600. In both cases I had a feeling (and it wasn´t more than that) tat the issue was related to fuel management - engine starved of fuel.

ega

This is indeed a very strange bug for you guys.
Nevertheless, it cannot be stressed enough, that you all check your Hardware controllers for ANY key binds that may conflict. 
Important ! Some binds are set AUTOMATICALLY for your attached hardware inside MSFS. HC Alpha and Bravos especially.

Since i am using SPAD.Next, I've cleared out ANY of them and kept only the Nosewheel steering assignment, since that is common for most of my aircraft.

NEXT: Whenever i update an aircraft or 3rd party tool, i am also clearing the "m-files" which are compiled by some of them.

They will be (automatically) recompiled on the next load of the addon. No harm is done by deleting these files.!

You can find them here for the respective addon:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages 

DO NOT TOUCH the "work" folder, unless you want to loose your settings for that addon and start setting up from scratch.

Important !: Once you have loaded into the addon, bail out of MSFS again and reload for your flight - DONE.

It has become a habit and so far i have not had any issues. Especially now with the ini A300.

Next thing i noticed: If you leave MSFS via //42 FLOW Pro - EXIT, the A300 (only one i noticed that) 
may CTD.

If MSFS is exited the normal way via its Menus - no CTD. 

Maybe this helps ...

Oliver

ASUS B560M-E, i5-11600KF, 32GB RAM DDR4 3200, win11 22H2, RTX 3060 12GB, 536.23 drivers.

MSFS runs on DX12, DLSS super resolution-performance, vsync-off, LOD 200.  I use FSLTL, simlink, a big number of freeware  and a few payware airports, pmdg 737, DC6. 

Bug occurred 2 times out of 41 flights, average flight duration 2hrs.

13 hours ago, Nico - Gumby said:

No, we don't have that unfortunatlely - not currently anyways. It would probably be possible.

Be asured though that we are very aware of this issue and are trying to fix it once and for all. It just is not very easy for us to reproduce.

It would be really helpful if people encountering this issue could list their hardware as well as all plugins they use when this issue occurs.

PC Specs: Intel i7 12700KF GeForce RTX 4070Ti 32gb RAM 3200mhz Thrustmaster Office Pack Airbus Edition Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder Pedals.

1 hour ago, egajet said:

I experienced twice this sudden "death" of the A300-600. In both cases I had a feeling (and it wasn´t more than that) tat the issue was related to fuel management - engine starved of fuel.

ega

I guess no, if you see my video, you can note that the commands not response, and the plane fall in the vertical... like zero lift... but the engines continues works well... looks like a severe stall

Here are all my detailed specs in the attached screenshot.  Also note, as far as plugins go, outside of liveries and airports, I have GSX, FSUIPC, Sim Rate Selector (never use it though), Onair, Navigraph. 

specs.png

My specs:
I use an Ultrawide display and run VOLANTA + IVAO with some addons.
I manage my airports/planes using MSFS Addon Linker, removing and adding them as needed before each flight.
I control my flights with an XBOX controller and a MiniCockpit.

I hope this helps

image.png

image.png

I simply guess that they rushed to put the plane on sale for Christmas, and they need at least two more months.

t's as if the plane doesn't have enough sustentation and falls like a rock to the ground due to a severe bug.
The hardware issue makes me laugh a lot because we all have completely different things

1 hour ago, kasen said:

I simply guess that they rushed to put the plane on sale for Christmas, and they need at least two more months.

t's as if the plane doesn't have enough sustentation and falls like a rock to the ground due to a severe bug.
The hardware issue makes me laugh a lot because we all have completely different things

Extremely bad guess (assumption).  I now have over 40 hours in this plane, average flight 2 hours, and have never seen it.  So, that leaves only three possibilities by Occam's Razor:

1. I have the only working copy of the plane. 

2. There is an underlying issue triggered by any number of causes (geographic location of aircraft, winds, weather, altitude, speed, time of day, length of flight, input combination, button push combo, yadda yadda etc etc ad infinitum). See why this whole trouble shooting thing is hard?  You can't just scream fix it!  It does not work that way.  You cannot fix what you cannot find and replicate. 

3. The problem is on the end of the MINORITY users.  Tricky too.  Common addon conflict, common control issue, common system config, common gpu version, common gpu firmware, common radio station playing in the background and again, yadda yadda, etc etc ad infinitum.  Can you see how that also is hard?

Now, number one, we can most likely rule out.  I don't know INI and I probably stir up enough crap here that I would not be on their let's be especially nice to Crabby list.  (Everyone should have that list though, in my opinion).  We are left two difficult to work through options.  One is difficult for INI and one for you.  I get it, this sucks.  However, tantrums, speculation and some of the outright ridiculous things said or guessed don't and won't help.  

We can also, at this moment, not rule out the issue being sim/Asobo related.  Not every developer implements their aircraft in exactly the same manner.  The SDK is reportedly thin on meat.  Every developer that I use has had to work developer magic in some way to make their complex aircraft work.  Many times, right after that magic works, the ground rules are changed (see PMDG UFT for example).  In order of probability, this would be number two after the Crabby is the only one with functioning software.  

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

Just be happy that it works for you, it doesn't for me. I have this "Fall out of the skie" issue and it's not funny if you fly a lot and have to be constantly afraid that the plane will come down and you can do nothing about that. But of course this issue is difficult to find and it can take a while, but I'm confident that inibuild will fix it.

So people, be a little gracious with your spoken words, it's probably difficult enough for the Devs to find the problem - so please be patient guys !

cheers 😉

• Like 2

Have you guys noticed any commonallity between the crashes? Like the time when it has happened? Or the amount of fuel/weight carried at the time of the crash? Has it only been in one of the variants or both of them?

We noticed in one video that the weight jumped to something super high, was that always the case for others as well?

18 minutes ago, Nico - Gumby said:

Have you guys noticed any commonallity between the crashes? Like the time when it has happened? Or the amount of fuel/weight carried at the time of the crash? Has it only been in one of the variants or both of them?

We noticed in one video that the weight jumped to something super high, was that always the case for others as well?

I have to hold back for this because I really can't say whether that was the case or not - sorry..

cheers 😉

1 hour ago, Nico - Gumby said:

One more question 😄 On the video on page 3 you can see that the total fuel goes to a very high number.

grafik.png.41eb3c642248d9805f1d56a9568ccafc.png

Can the others experiencing this "falling out of the sky" issue confirm this happening on their NDs as well?

I will try tomorrow and saturday to reproduce again the bug and see if this is also happening to me. Anything else you want to check? 

16 hours ago, Nico - Gumby said:

Nope, that should be all 🙂

Hey, so I was chatting with my fellow devs at work, showed them the video, and one of them pointed out that the crazy shift from, like, 18.X to that whopping negative -26XXXXXXXXXX could be due to floating-point precision messing things up. I will try now to reproduce the problem and see if other places are bugged also

• Like 1