Sudden loss of control 2.0 (Plane falls out of the sky) Part 2

pmplayer

Yes.  Im willing to work with INI on the issue but I have yet to have any response from them. I have had this issue since purchase and at this time the aircraft is unusable to me.   I have all crash and stress damage disabled.   

Edited by ryanmlt1

Hello, had this issue today with the plane updated at the last version, I was flying from DAAG to DABG, took off at 14:50Z and the plane lost control and crashed at 1645Z in cruise, all control inputs were not read by the plane (i.e. yoke movement, throtle etc...). Fuel was ok and it was flying on autopilot 1. Addons installed FSUIPC, TDS GTNXi, IVAO Core and Client, Rex Accuseason navigraph and GSX. 

Thank you for your help in solving this issue

1 hour ago, Giacomo Mietta said:

Hello, had this issue today with the plane updated at the last version, I was flying from DAAG to DABG, took off at 14:50Z and the plane lost control and crashed at 1645Z in cruise, all control inputs were not read by the plane (i.e. yoke movement, throtle etc...). Fuel was ok and it was flying on autopilot 1. Addons installed FSUIPC, TDS GTNXi, IVAO Core and Client, Rex Accuseason navigraph and GSX. 

Thank you for your help in solving this issue

Holy, so it looks like this "falling out of the sky" thing still exists after V.1.0.2 - if so, to bad..🤪

cheers 🤔

3 hours ago, ryanmlt1 said:

Its is, if I was in the air it would have fallen out of the sky, I have had that happen twice.   It shuts down and falls like a rock.  It just is happening on touch down for me now.  

I hear you and maybe it is, but the fall out of the sky I experienced and that I saw videos of other people reporting, nothing ever shuts down in the aircraft, it literally just drops out of the sky with all systems working.

Just had this happen to me as well. I was doing EDDP to EGLL on VATSIM and on final approach for 27L in Heathrow. Disconnected the AP at about 1000ft, and at 500ft, suddenly the engines went off, the whole plane went dark and I crashed right in front of 27L, resulting in uncontrollable bouncing and stalling around. Had to disconnect and return to the menu

Ok this is fun. Before 1.0.2 I only had this issue 1 time (that I reported here) and I made at least 20 flights, at least 8 flights for more than 6 hours of fly time. Now with 1.0.2, first flight after the update:

image.thumb.png.ec1fb4d41d3bb010993cee5a6aa8ea03.png

As you can see.. didn't take too much time to happen. I just put the AP and then direct to the ground.

I need to say that now the plane basically becomes unflyable.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kasen said:

I need to say that now the plane basically becomes unflyable.

Yep, that's actually a big game breaker. Especially when flying online and suddenly your plane drops out of the sky, that's not fun for anyone involved. Hope this gets resolved asap

I finished my first flight from EDDS to UWKD, flighttime was 3h 40m and from Start to the End of this flight everything worked like a dream - just beautiful !!

No problems with holding the runway more or less straight on departure, fine NAV flight, top ILS capture, no falling out of the sky - what should i say could not be much better.

Great update from inibuilds, love the sound now, had a real lot of fun with this flight. 👍

To say for the "falling out of the sky problem" i had before i have to do some more flights to make sure this thing is eliminated with this build, so if i have done some more flights i will reply back here, but so far so good !

cheers 😉

12 minutes ago, johnathon76 said:

Good for you but other people are still getting this falling from the sky. so its no fixed

You didn't get the point ;-)

In general, the airplane is not falling out of the sky.
Now the goal is to find out why it is doing this for others.

Without good testing and writing good reports, it will be hard to replicate for the Devs.

Did you report something in that regard somewhere ?
Did you test with an emptied Community folder ?  (with the A300 installed oc )

(RENAME !! the existing one, create a new one, COPY the A300 over and START the Sim.)  RENAME the community folders back afterwards. )

Blue skies,

Oliver

• Sad 1

She fell out of the sky for me as well, unfortunatley I wasn't at the desk until after impact while it was cartwheeling across the ocean surface.   

[AIRHONGKONG, FREIGHTER, V1.02]

Route: WSSS VMR M771 DULOP Q1 CARSO V551 SUKNER V542 BETTY VHHH 
W&B: 151.2t TOW / 126.7 ZFW / 26.1t Fuel / TOMAC% 29.5 / ZFWMAC% 26.2
Last known position: DAMVO, 1:36 into flight, Cruise FL320 ~M0.80, TRK 034, Good Weather (wind ~070/10), Fuel 14.7t onboard, ~1:40 ETE.

Observations from the cockpit after event (paused the sim during aforementioned cartwheeling):
- AP was OFF
- AP Modes were engaged as I had left them (AT/NAV/ALT)
- Recall was normal
- Engines were running, values were nominal. 
- Overhead switches all good. 
- ENG 1 analogue gauges had some weird graphic overwritten on the digital readout.
- Fuel distribution was strange maybe? (Not A300 savvy). All of the inboard fuel had found its way to the CTR/TT like 6t of it.  CTR and Trim tank pumps were on (normal??).
- Outboard fuel untouched (normal I suspect) at ~3.7t per side. 

Addons installed and running
-SIMLINK (for navigraph charts position and telemetry)
-FSLTL injector (up to date)

Previously, I similar length flight was conducted in the same jet under V1.01 VHHH to RJBB, uneventful.
Don't usually have issues with addons and modules. 

Is something causing the AP to disengage? 
Is the jet running into invisible terrain knocking it off course? (crash detection off for VATSIM purposes, all other realism maxed out). 

Yours truely 

23 minutes ago, Letterman said:

She fell out of the sky for me as well, unfortunatley I wasn't at the desk until after impact while it was cartwheeling across the ocean surface.   

[AIRHONGKONG, FREIGHTER, V1.02]

Route: WSSS VMR M771 DULOP Q1 CARSO V551 SUKNER V542 BETTY VHHH 
W&B: 151.2t TOW / 126.7 ZFW / 26.1t Fuel / TOMAC% 29.5 / ZFWMAC% 26.2
Last known position: DAMVO, 1:36 into flight, Cruise FL320 ~M0.80, TRK 034, Good Weather (wind ~070/10), Fuel 14.7t onboard, ~1:40 ETE.

Observations from the cockpit after event (paused the sim during aforementioned cartwheeling):
- AP was OFF
- AP Modes were engaged as I had left them (AT/NAV/ALT)
- Recall was normal
- Engines were running, values were nominal. 
- Overhead switches all good. 
- ENG 1 analogue gauges had some weird graphic overwritten on the digital readout.
- Fuel distribution was strange maybe? (Not A300 savvy). All of the inboard fuel had found its way to the CTR/TT like 6t of it.  CTR and Trim tank pumps were on (normal??).
- Outboard fuel untouched (normal I suspect) at ~3.7t per side. 

Addons installed and running
-SIMLINK (for navigraph charts position and telemetry)
-FSLTL injector (up to date)

Previously, I similar length flight was conducted in the same jet under V1.01 VHHH to RJBB, uneventful.
Don't usually have issues with addons and modules. 

Is something causing the AP to disengage? 
Is the jet running into invisible terrain knocking it off course? (crash detection off for VATSIM purposes, all other realism maxed out). 

Yours truely 

Add, i have the MSFS Aircraft Stress Damage OFF, i had a weather change knock out a different ac a while ago ...
Maybe it was even the A310 ...

Oliver

After more than 35 hrs with the A300 I had this happen for the first time (v.1.0.2, pax)  NE of WSSS climbing on AP, Nav & Prof engaged. There was a warning "FD1 off" and started falling. I tried to reengage the FD, apply max thrust etc, there was no response, same for flight controls.

What is strange is that it was like hitting a wall -see the lnvmap path screenshots.

Aircraft stress damage is set OFF in msfs settings, other addons running were FSLTL, and simlink.

I repeated the flight everything went OK

Screenshot (244).jpg

Screenshot (245).jpg

After three flights with no "fall out of the sky" ( tought it was fixed for me ) at todays flight i had again a "fall out of the sky" so NO it is not fixed and still there - hopefully you inibuilds guys find to fix the problem because like this it kills the immersion and every flight seems like lottery game 🤔

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
  • Like 3

Happened again today, 5th flight after 1.0.3. first with the freighter version.

Just as I clicked on the FO's sunshade the AP disengaged and started falling vertically. I could lower the gear, operate the engines. shut them down as well as the batteries, no effect.

Screenshot (254).jpg

I had this starting to fall out of the sky but it was pilot error: I set a too high VS climb speed so the autothrottle could not manage the speed anymore, plane slowed down too much, began rolling to one side and AP disengaged. Managed within seconds to recover an engage AP again.

13900K@5.6GHZ | RTX4090 | 32GB | DDR5 | Honeycomb A B | Virpil Stick Collective | TPR pedals | Saitek Panels | X Touch Mini  | Varjo Aero | Wacom Tablet | 34" Monitor | JBL LX44 speakers | SPAD.next | Navigraph | Skydemon

14 minutes ago, Rene Feijen said:

I had this starting to fall out of the sky but it was pilot error: I set a too high VS climb speed so the autothrottle could not manage the speed anymore, plane slowed down too much, began rolling to one side and AP disengaged. Managed within seconds to recover an engage AP again.

This has nothing to do with the "falling out of the sky" bug. It is like hitting an invisible wall, falling vertically, the flight surfaces do not move with the AP off. Second time I experienced the bug I was cruising at 34000ft, m 0.80.

• Like 2

Alright, here goes my third and probably last post. I just can't deal with this anymore. Another flight bites the dust... a 7 hour haul from Hong Kong to Dubai, and bam, it crashes. I've got the latest version, 1.0.3, but Inibuilds still hasn't found the reason behind it. I'm not willing to waste any more time on this plane until they sort it out. Maybe others haven't faced this, but after loads of flights and hours put in, it's pretty frustrating when the plane decides to nosedive out of nowhere.

Sorry if I sound ticked off, but I am. It stings to lose a whole day, and Inibuilds hasn't said a word about it. I've seen similar complaints here, on Discord, and in the MSFS forum. I'm seriously thinking about asking for a refund for a product that seems totally busted at random.
image.thumb.png.dbc9ef4be6a2861435f407f5e9df47b5.png

I will flight again with the a320 (FBW version)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't do any other fix for the future inibuilds, at least not until you find this "game breaker" error, I won't fly a meter with this plane anymore, wasting my time for nothing, sorry to say but this is a shame for everyone who has this error and there are a lot of them..

• Like 1