What would you like to see in an update for Heathrow!

iniBuilds

I would to see some more things around the airport be added like that famous plane spotter park or something like that

TBH apart from performance improvements which it seams are a game thing, not a scenery one I don't know what else would make it better. great scenery 

Another update for EGLL. Don’t mind if I do! Maybe it’d be a nice and subtle touch to model Myrtle Avenue and the patch of land where plane spotters go (modelling also some plane spotters). Whilst it’d be lovely to have interiors on every terminal, that may be too heavy on frames (not sure though) so it may be a good idea to develop T5 even further! Adding security and even the lounges.

• Like 1

Incredible work on the scenery so far, dear devs... please, keep it up! I would love to see:

- A corrected jetway at stand 216 as seen at the timestamp of the attached video. There is a glass bridge between the area with stand 217 and the jetway for 216.
- A completed taxiway K, as according to AIRAC 2210, with the additional stands. Currently, they are closed by NOTAM but you may want to pre-emptively add them in.
- Left and right sub-divisions of stands. I need my stands 218L and 218R!
- A rudimentary interior to T2B.
- A possibility to show some additional information on the VDGS, when parked; a countdown to the TSAT/TOBT, flight number etc. (whatever they show at LHR lol, I don't know) potentially. If this could somehow be integrated into VATSIM or something, that's an absolute winner, I would think.
- A fixed DME on the 27 ILSes. I remember seeing them over-read by one mile.
- Some ground vehicles moving about the place... maybe every other Saturday at nine in the morning, they decide to cut the grass somewhere on the airport, maybe you could be taxiing about and see the Airside Ian go after some birds in his fancy 4x4 or something 😄 I think this was done with Orbx INN in P3D, if something like this could be implemented, I think it would be awesome to witness and give the airport a greater sense of liveliness beyond the immediate simulation of the air traffic.

I think I'm asking a lot of this scenery and maybe my ideas are well beyond the realms of possibility but hey, dream big for a fantastic scenery that has great potential. Thank you for your consistently hard work, IniScene team.

• Like 1

Scenery is already great, but a few things that could be done to really make it top notch😀 

- T3 and T4 are very lacklustre, very limited detail on both ground textures (no/minimal aircraft codes on stands - though this is a wider thing that’s missing, and many stands that do have them aren’t perfectly straight or sized properly (511 as an example, compare the scenery to the satellite image) - and also some stands around 330 have the white lines breaking through the aircraft markings)

- Obviously performance is something you guys really worked hard on, but if it’s possible maybe giving windows and an interior to the walkways leading to the jetways themselves at T5B and C 1651693240_Screenshot(1480).thumb.png.50cd52a41c9cd08f6c1fba7794659e49.png

- Some taxi lines are blurred or missing the black bit (especially on A near T5C next to 27R), but I am well aware that MSFS is not kind to super sharp ground textures 🥲

- When looking on satellite imagery, this area especially (north of T3) and also some others has many tiles of different colours and wear, and the blockiness is very clear, while in the V2 build it looks like this. Obviously it's a lot of work to fix something non-essential, but it would be nice to see nonetheless.499687329_Screenshot(1482).thumb.png.ac22420f7fe253f02284a16f89a38c45.png

- Once again, I know performance is key, but T5A is lacking on ground clatter next to the terminals, if you look at the North and South ends on satellite there are many vehicles parked, but in the scenery it is empty (and the white road lines are very faint). If you guys could somehow make that work it would be brilliant, but again performance is important.

The scenery is already mega, really good of you guys to keep on updating it, many other devs would have disappeared. Hopefully this gives you some things to focus on, and maybe we'll see it in the update😀

• Like 2

I'm back with more 😂  (apologies in advance for the many screenshots)

660131397_Screenshot(18).thumb.png.5658fe20a82710b79fc0a1fd0885754e.png

1199822169_Screenshot(19).png.5815f577c059b3c2c8cd5904cf72edcd.png

After a bit of research, I've found what made the stand area so lifeless. IRL, there are many of these bollards surrounding each stand, which are absent in the scenery, but obviously this could have a rather big impact on perf. However, one of the main things for me is the absence of these red markings all over the airport (can see it above and below). 

heathrow-terminal-london-uk-september-view-plane-window-british-airways-being-prepared-next-journey-misty-morning-102897128.thumb.jpg.4a3fd86f8c9a3f5e3bee743af2d2145f.jpg1580380845_Screenshot(20).png.216b1b833db44e4dd31f02f0ed990f9a.png

I think adding these really would make a difference (along with the ground clutter i.e. the boxes on the bottom left) to the realism of the gate areas which are currently quite basic. Hopefully this makes the cut😀 but I appreciate it is a lot of work

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hey @iniBuilds,
Congrats on getting KDTW released. Installed and about to try it out.

In your update of EGLL to v3, could you please update taxiway Kilo (remove the construction site and replace with simple concrete apron and taxiway textures)?
It's finally finished in the real world.

Thanks.

44 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Hey @iniBuilds,
Congrats on getting KDTW released. Installed and about to try it out.

In your update of EGLL to v3, could you please update taxiway Kilo (remove the construction site and replace with simple concrete apron and taxiway textures)?
It's finally finished in the real world.

Thanks.

Yup, this will definitely be changed 🙂

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this deserves it own thread or here, but minor visual correction. The Gate A10 labels inside Terminal 5, should be 'A11' as they're attached to jetway 511.

It should go straight from A9 to A11. While there is technically an A10, it's a gate serves external stands not a Jetway.

Edited by Tuskin38

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

I don't know if this deserves it own thread or here, but minor visual correction. The Gate A10 labels inside Terminal 5, should be 'A11' as they're attached to jetway 511.

It should go straight from A9 to A11. While there is technically an A10, it's a gate serves external stands not a Jetway.

That’s correct, the A10 gates can be found on the ground floor, on the north west side of T5A. South of the A10 gates are the LHR connection buses to T2, T3 and T5, as well as further down south from that is the arrivals for connections to T5.

On the north side of T5A, on the ground floor, the gates A4 can be found for buses to collect passengers to take to remote stands. Hence, there is no stand 504 for aircraft as it goes from 503-505. 

Just to point out, nothing major but the buses should be facing north instead of south which I think I saw on a stream last night. I’m gonna be waiting a while for the market place version to update 😕

Edited by Earthplane
Further info

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you also improving the parking codes? Using AIG traffic and airlines seems to be parking all over the place... I suggest to collect the airline codes per terminal and assign them all to the spots of that terminal. In this way at least the aircraft park at the correct place.

• Like 1