What would you like to see in an update for Heathrow!

iniBuilds

• Administrators

Hey guys!

We are working on a few things, biggest being performance and some more roads modelling airside.

If you would like to see things done in a free update, please post on this thread!

Many thanks!

• Like 1

Awesome news, wasn't expecting this. Personally I'd like to see a little more detail along the front of the terminals airside (it's what you look at when taxiing on to, and sitting on stand). Jetway repositioning as I have noticed issues with parked aircraft and VDGS in the past. Other than that, maybe improvements to the terminal interior lighting?

T5-1.jpg

T5A.jpg

T5B-1.jpg

T5C Road.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Performance optimisations are very much needed. 

Night lighting is pretty poor in general. No light sources.  So I would like to see that improved the most.

Ground textures are not great compared to other devs imho. I actually prefer the default textures as they look more realistic. Would like to see improvements there too.

just my 2 pennies…

Craig

Edited by BAW303

For clarification on textures… I was referring to some of the textures appearing a bit blurry where detail is required. Looses some immersion. Also ground texturing missing in areas and doesn’t blend with Ariel imagery especially around taxi ways and internal roads 

Performance is a clear one for everyone. It’d also be great to see better terminal textures with interior modelling and better visibility of the inside from outside (like EBBR by Aerosoft!!). 

Also, more functional VDGS - maybe link up with Aerosoft’s? They said they’re open to colab on it. 

• Administrators

EBBR by Aerosoft does not perform great for everyone and that is one of the reasons why - the super detailed interior. Interiors on such a big airport is not something on our list for now, but texturing, night lighting and performance are top 3! 

Thank you for your comments! 

• Like 1

I know it's a minor detail, but taxi lines go under the runway numbers.
Not on top as you have drawn.

iniScene
7_d1ec318b-5345-4472-b94a-acb71ed53eae.p

Real world
heathrow-airport1105-11-08-2009.jpg

Please also note that the taxi centre lighting alternates yellow and green from the stop bar on the taxiway until the end of the taxi line on the runway (as per above).

• Like 2

13_cd476275-a6b5-4c11-abb5-ae206acb3fe6.

The multistorey car park isn't aligned correctly with the base photo imagery.
That's why you can see the circular ramp ortho image when it should be covered by the vehicle ramp model.
It's also why the model intrudes into one of the vehicle lanes towards the right of the above image.

Please fix simple placement issues like this around the airport.

• Like 1

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, F737NG said:

13_cd476275-a6b5-4c11-abb5-ae206acb3fe6.

The multistorey car park isn't aligned correctly with the base photo imagery.
That's why you can see the circular ramp ortho image when it should be covered by the vehicle ramp model.
It's also why the model intrudes into one of the vehicle lanes towards the right of the above image.

Please fix simple placement issues like this around the airport.

Is that reflected in the actual scenery? or is this an early promo shot - we will check this in any case. 

Please keep a good trade off between quality and performance. On one hand people are complaining about performance and on the other hand they want as much detail as possible. For me I would like to add maximum compatibility with AI, so parking codes for all the airlines at the correct terminals.

• Like 1

Please add custom taxiway lighting for the centerline greens and runway exit lighting. Exits should alternate orange and green (as illustrated in a previous post by another user). Aerosoft (EDDH, EDDK, EBBR, EDDM), Flytampa (KBOS, YSSY, CYYZ) and other developers do this.

• Like 2

• Administrators

We will do all we can posted in this thread...

As an update

unknown.png

Bringing more life to T5 lighting wise. Full lights review, texture review... 
We have managed to optimise a lot of things, and therefore will be adding a very lovely interior to T5A as a minimum.

unknown.png?width=776&height=909S

Something fresh after today's day of work! 

• Like 6

On 6/5/2022 at 11:45 PM, Ubaid said:

Is that reflected in the actual scenery? or is this an early promo shot - we will check this in any case. 

Sorry for late response, appears to be in current scenery. (See screenshot below).

The latest update looks promising!

EGLL.jpg

Edited by F737NG

• 2 weeks later...

Performance for me. It really needs an improvement.

I get frequent pauses (not just even stutters) looking around the airport. I am on a 3080, M.2 SSD drives and 10700k 32gb RAM

(Jetway placements on T5 are incorrect too). 

The changelog and preview images for v2 look impressive!

Another thing I'd like to see is an 'none / some / all' type option available for 3D modelled people. This would give users the choice of having passengers + workers, and at the user's preferred density in the visible terminal interiors (or not).

IMO, the fantastic interiors look quite sterile without people present.