What would you like to see in an update for Heathrow!

iniBuilds

• Administrators

Changelog

- Hilton Garden Inn bug fix
- Terminal 2b emissive improvements
- Terminal 5a detailed interior and improved night lighting
- Terminal 2 limited interior and improved night lighting
- Terminal 5b texture and geometry improvements, limited interior with improved night lighting
- Terminal 5c texture and geometry improvements, limited interior with improved night lighting
- Various Vehicle Path decals added
- Various Taxi-way decals added
- Improvements to T2 Construction Area
- Minor Improvements to T3 Landside detail
- Added custom Runway Exit Lighting (orange-green alternating)
- Added aprons and lines to Fire and Maintenance Area
- Added Landside detail for Cargo Terminal area
- Added lighting to T5 Industrial Area
- Changed gate 236 to 237 (including signage etc)
- Yellow lines now sorted under runway markings
- Added double-white line around parking/taxi boundaries
- Added parking position for G515 (fix for incorrect jetway being called at 516)
- Adjusted jetway rotation for G516 to prevent obstruction to VDGS
- Added exclude under Concorde model
- Rework of airline gate allocation 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Add people and environment sounds? Although the interior of the terminal in EGLL V2 is excellent enough, the whole terminal is empty and lifeless without people and ambient sound.

Edited by m0N3t2

Hi, overall, nice work on the V2 improvements, especially the performance, but one of the improvements that I was hoping for was just a little more detail to the front of the Terminals (what you see out of the flight deck windows when setting up the aircraft for departure, and taxing on to stand). hopefully this may get looked at in future?

EGLL T5A Front.jpg

EGLL T5A1 Front.jpg

EGLL T5B Front.jpg

EGLL T5B1 Front.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Ubaid said:

It does work...

If anyone at Inibuilds could provide guidance on how to make it work that would be advantageous.  In my MSFS installation of EGLL it does not work on any gate.  I have installed the VGDS program as per instructions to no avail.  Considering others have reported the same or similar issues, any help to get it sorted is appreciated.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, DMullert said:

If anyone at Inibuilds could provide guidance on how to make it work that would be advantageous.  In my MSFS installation of EGLL it does not work on any gate.  I have installed the VGDS program as per instructions to no avail.  Considering others have reported the same or similar issues, any help to get it sorted is appreciated.

Please provide more information about your issue in a separate thread.

Sam Wheeler
Senior Management | iniBuilds
inibuilds.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/3/2022 at 11:15 AM, Harrier77 said:

Would it be possible to look at the gate airline codes so that FSLTL models can be spawned at the correct gates rather than randomly?

Hi there, thanks for this suggestion; I've passed it along to our scenery team

On 10/6/2022 at 10:49 AM, lowpolybutt said:

Hi there, thanks for this suggestion; I've passed it along to our scenery team

Thank you. Also, is it possible to program the AI better. For example, only one runway for take offs and one for landings? This would help the AI flow. I would suggest 27R for take offs and 27L for landings when westerly, and 09R for take offs and 09L for landings when easterly.

56 minutes ago, Harrier77 said:

Thank you. Also, is it possible to program the AI better. For example, only one runway for take offs and one for landings? This would help the AI flow. I would suggest 27R for take offs and 27L for landings when westerly, and 09R for take offs and 09L for landings when easterly.

AI behaviour is largely out of our control I'm afraid, all we can really do is tell them where they can taxi and where they can park, the rest is dependent on the Sim's AI programming 

I remember people mentioning the area on the south side of T5C. This area is used to offload transfer bags via conveyer belts which can be found under the sheltered section that extrudes out from the main building. These belts (8, 4 each side) are a navy blue colour which are on the side of the building facing the aprons. Also, there are 2 yellow conveyer belts on the directly on the south side of T5C.

image.thumb.png.e8bbd43ceb0a80698934b5278f063028.png

Currently, you have parked vehicles on the north side of T5C however, there is a ULD stillage as shown in the image below. The building on the right is 1 ULD story high with a grey roof over the top. The stillage area to the west of it is a 3 story high ULD stillage with no roof. 

image.thumb.png.7719917989810843f0ba964e272a9c56.png
STILLAGE AREAS AT HEATHROW @ October 2013 User ULD Contacts Air Canada 0208  750 8387 Azzurra 07795 258 685 ASIG 07800 54
Additionally, north of T5B, there is another 3 story ULD stillage and a building which houses 2 yellow conveyer belts which in your scenery, is currently an empty space with just road markings. There is also an Iberia only ULD stillage bin to the north of T5A, near the security post. A similar ULD stillage can also be found at T5C, on the eastern side of the slope from the tunnel to enter the T5C road network.

STILLAGE AREAS AT HEATHROW @ October 2013 User ULD Contacts Air Canada 0208  750 8387 Azzurra 07795 258 685 ASIG 07800 54

I have attached below an image that describes T5D (remote stands) best. The purple circle is where servicing machinery (baggage loaders etc) are maintained/serviced. The yellow circle is a petrol/diesel station for automotive vehicles (such as tugs or vans). The red circle is a fuel parking area for Menzies refuelling vehicles. The green circles indicate a parking area for airport winter machinery.
image.thumb.png.3537a613e3ec690daecda16b190a2448.png

Another point to make, there are some markings that are missing such as, red lines lining the white lines of the designated parking spots on stand, the zig-zag lines either side of every intersection clearway (the area in-between stands for aircraft emergency & servicing vehicles), hatched areas to indicate no parking at all and, the "starburst" lines that emit from the area where the jetway should be parked when not in use.
image.thumb.png.c94d4913449cde948e5000d7e908ae96.png

Finally, I noticed that in your scenery, the fixed jetways from T5A to the moveable jetways have an incline however, in real life they do in fact have a decline down towards the "node". In addition, the east side of T5A, ground floor, is used for buses to pick up passengers from the terminal to take to remote stands which, is not clear/well represented in my opinion. I think it's these little things that will enhance the immersion of the simming experience.   

image.png

Edited by Earthplane

17 minutes ago, Earthplane said:

I remember people mentioning the area on the south side of T5C. This area is used to offload transfer bags via conveyer belts which can be found under the sheltered section that extrudes out from the main building. These belts (8, 4 each side) are a navy blue colour which are on the side of the building facing the aprons. Also, there are 2 yellow conveyer belts on the directly on the south side of T5C.

image.thumb.png.e8bbd43ceb0a80698934b5278f063028.png

Currently, you have parked vehicles on the north side of T5C however, there is a ULD stillage as shown in the image below. The building on the right is 1 ULD story high with a grey roof over the top. The stillage area to the west of it is a 3 story high ULD stillage with no roof. 

image.thumb.png.7719917989810843f0ba964e272a9c56.png
Additionally, north of T5B, there is another 3 story ULD stillage and a building which houses 2 yellow conveyer belts which in your scenery, is currently an empty space with just road markings. There is also an Iberia only ULD stillage bin to the north of T5A, near the security post. A similar ULD stillage can also be found at T5C, on the eastern side of the slope from the tunnel to enter the T5C road network.

I have attached below an image that describes T5D (remote stands) best. The purple circle is where servicing machinery (baggage loaders etc) are maintained/serviced. The yellow circle is a petrol/diesel station for automotive vehicles (such as tugs or vans). The red circle is a fuel parking area for Menzies refuelling vehicles. The green circles indicate a parking area for airport winter machinery.
image.thumb.png.3537a613e3ec690daecda16b190a2448.png

Another point to make, there are some markings that are missing such as, red lines lining the white lines of the designated parking spots on stand, the zig-zag lines either side of every intersection clearway (the area in-between stands for aircraft emergency & servicing vehicles), hatched areas to indicate no parking at all and, the "starburst" lines that emit from the area where the jetway should be parked when not in use.
image.thumb.png.c94d4913449cde948e5000d7e908ae96.png

Finally, I noticed that in your scenery, the fixed jetways from T5A to the moveable jetways have an incline however, in real life they do in fact have a decline down towards the "node". In addition, the east side of T5A, ground floor, is used for buses to pick up passengers from the terminal to take to remote stands which, is not clear/well represented in my opinion. I think it's these little things that will enhance the immersion of the simming experience.   

image.png

8 minutes ago, Earthplane said:

As an extra note to @Harrier77's suggestion, stand 527 can only accept A319 (BA no longer operate A318) aircraft because with any other Airbus (A320/21), the tail will stick out into the taxiway. Thus, the ground marking on stand 527 is incorrect as it states A318,19,20

I'll log these, thanks. Not promising a time frame for it to be all implemented if it does, but all reference imagery is useful. Thank you

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ubaid said:

This is perfect timing.

Just a note, I mentioned it in Discord - an extensive update is in the works for EGLL to bring some techniques learnt from LAX. Most, if not all will be covered in this post 🙂

Is Improved performance a feature of that? 👌

2 minutes ago, Ubaid said:

We have to do our best for the area..

We will do another review of course.

Would people want a lower quality texture version for better FPS? Can add that as an option on iniManager. 

I'm assuming marketplace customers wont have access to this feature?

1 hour ago, Ubaid said:

We have to do our best for the area..

We will do another review of course.

Would people want a lower quality texture version for better FPS? Can add that as an option on iniManager. 

I would absolutely be over the moon for that option.

We often run heavy demanding aircraft into heathrow so a lower quality better performance option would be amazing.