Simbrief not loading flight plan

Mr Mix Tea

Hello,

This just started happening and was working before.    I can no longer download the flight plan from simbrief.   I've uninstalled and reinstalled the A300-600 but getting the same results.  My Sim Brief name is correct, as I've not touched it.    Any other things I can try?

Screenshot 2024-03-28 213530.png

Edited by Mr Mix Tea

Hi thanks for your report.

Please try again now and let us know in case it is not working.

Simbrief had temporary server issues on their end. Thanks!

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
IniBuilds Community Team Member & Tester

Hi, please try again after downloading the latest 1.1.0 update released today.

If that doesn't work, you could also try deleting your "work folder" to in essence reset the aircraft.
Note: That will also reset any maintenance data, throttle calibration configs and custom settings for the aircraft.

You can safely delete all the contents of this folder. It will recreate these files on next launch:
Steam Version:
%APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\inibuilds-aircraft-a300-600

MS Store Version:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Packages\inibuilds-aircraft-a300-600

Hello,

I updated to the latest version, and also deleted the entire contents in the %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Packages\inibuilds-aircraft-a300-600.

I'm still getting the same error when requesting simbrief from ACAR.   I also tested the connection with other aircraft such as the cargo variant RF, and the same thing. 

This is really having me scratch my head, as it was working before and now all of a sudden, it's not.   

Any other things I could try?

Tim

I'm getting the same issue.

Just updated plane and deleted the contents of \inibuilds-aircraft-a300-600

I can request the flight plan but it does not populate the init screen, just in the CO RTE. I also cannot enter FROM/TO fields once this happens.

Cheers,

Gav

image.png.43e806bdef023019d66217eae62680e3.png

I have this problem too. Worked when I deleted the work folder...but wanted to do a flight today. Problem came back even after deleting the work folder.. I don't have any spaces in my simbrief ID.

6 minutes ago, SimonC6R said:

Had the same issue myself, no spaces in my SimBrief ID, worked fine after restarting the flight.

I tried restarting the flight, but still had empty boxes...Ended up deleting the work folder again and it worked...Loading up a flight from SDF/ONT in the new PW variant.

Just something to add too...After deleting the work folder twice...I never had to re-calibrate my throttles or settings...Everything seemed to save there...but it did fix the ACARS problem temporarily.

I don't believe this is a download issue from SimBrief, but rather the aircraft reading the XML file.

Cleared the work folder, launched sim and requested the plan from SB - a new 'simbrief.xml' file was created but the route data was not imported into the aircraft:

a300a.thumb.png.1f55c2dd6bd4432c3054ad0951a8912c.pnga300b.thumb.png.6cd942ee16e6c7442df0604ea46e8bae.png

As you can see from the XML file, all the data is within the file - but it's just not being read in:

a300c.thumb.png.254d68e6a2903d63c59feff58ad6fe21.png

• Like 1
  • iniBuilds 1

Finished my flight from KSDF/KONT just fine. Although it's true, every time you load into the A300 (Atleast for me) I have to delete the work folder before launching the sim, or else Simbrief upload won't work. I've tried reloading the aircraft, but I still get the problem until I delete the folder and restart the sim completely.

@Trevster I experience exactly the same. Everything was working just fine before 1.1.0. Simbrief import gives me empty boxes and manual typing FROM/TO does nothing. The ICAO codes just go to a black hole. I've been trying to figure this out for 3 hours now, deleting the work folder, restarting MSFS, trying PW passenger, PW freighter, base liveries and no success. It's driving me crazy.

• iniBuilds 1

On 3/30/2024 at 7:46 PM, richboy2307 said:

Hi, please try again after downloading the latest 1.1.0 update released today.

If that doesn't work, you could also try deleting your "work folder" to in essence reset the aircraft.
Note: That will also reset any maintenance data, throttle calibration configs and custom settings for the aircraft.

You can safely delete all the contents of this folder. It will recreate these files on next launch:
Steam Version:
%APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\inibuilds-aircraft-a300-600

MS Store Version:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Packages\inibuilds-aircraft-a300-600

This just doesn't work for me. I deleted the work folder, I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the aircraft from iniManager, made sure that all folders from Community are gone and still when I start a new flight the EFB remembers my settings, my Simbrief name and everything. I have no idea where the EFB is pulling that information from. On top of that I tried to switch to Ready for takeoff panel state, the EFB says panel state set but there's no change, the panel state stays in the current state. It looks like the EFB doesn't communicate with the aircraft.

Edited by mark75
  • iniBuilds 1

Sounds like an instance of the partial WASM crash in SU15beta, as reported in the FAQ section.

But in any case, thanks for your reports. We'll look into it!

2 hours ago, richboy2307 said:

Sounds like an instance of the partial WASM crash in SU15beta, as reported in the FAQ section.

But in any case, thanks for your reports. We'll look into it!

I'm not on SU15 beta. I never participate, just to avoid problems like these...

• Like 1

Could y'all share your simbrief ID with us to try and test/recreate this? Dispatch an A300 flight plan as well, thanks!

And after leaving it a while last night and reloading the sim - it worked again without me removing any files from the work folder... 🤷‍♂️

I'll load up and try another flight with the same DEP/ARR and see if it does again.

Ok, happened for me again now.   

SimBrief username:   Trevster

simbrief.xml file attached

Link to plan on SimBrief - https://dispatch.simbrief.com/options/custom?airline=SAV&fltnum=9108&orig=EGHH&dest=EGPH&altn=EGCC&date=01 Apr 2024 - 17%3A20&basetype=A30F&ac_order=registration&type=26543_1711724245863&climb=250%2F300%2F78&cruisemode=CI&cruisesub=&descent=78%2F300%2F250&fuelfactor=1&callsign=&reg=G-SVCD&fin=CD&selcal=&planformat=aca&pounds=0&maps=1&taxiout=20&taxiin=8&flightrules=i&flighttype=s&altncount=1&navlog=1&etops=1&stepclimbs=0&tlr=0&notams=1&firnot=1&stehour=3600&stemin=1800&origrwy=26&destrwy=06&fl=&pax=&cargo=AUTO&manualpayload=&manualzfw=&contpct=auto&resvrule=auto&taxifuel=0&minfob=0&minfob_units=wgt&minfod=0&minfod_units=wgt&melfuel=0&melfuel_units=wgt&atcfuel=0&atcfuel_units=wgt&wxxfuel=0&wxxfuel_units=wgt&addedfuel_label=extra&addedfuel=0&addedfuel_units=wgt&tankering=0&tankering_units=wgt&pid=26543&cpt=Trevor Hannant&dxname=&manualrmk=&route=NORTH SAM Q41 SILVA UM605 DTY SAPCO UN57 POL UN601 INPIP INPI1E&route_type=&targetfl=32000&targettas=459&disable_tracks=1&force_track=&avoid_airways=&include_fixes=&altnsadv_number=1&altnsadv_radius=431&altnsadv_cig=600&altnsadv_units_vis=m&altnsadv_vis=3000&altnsadv_units_rwy=ft&altnsadv_rwy=7000&altnsadv_exclude=&altnsadv_tsfgfz=1&altn_1_id=EGCC&altn_1_rwy=23R&altn_1_fl=&altn_1_route=GOSA1D GOSAM P600 FENIK L612 LAKEY LAKE1M&altn_2_id=&altn_2_rwy=auto&altn_2_fl=&altn_2_route=&altn_3_id=&altn_3_rwy=auto&altn_3_fl=&altn_3_route=&altn_4_id=&altn_4_rwy=auto&altn_4_fl=&altn_4_route=&toaltn_id=&eualtn_id=&etopsthreshold=60&etopsruleselector=&etops_exclude=&etopsentry=&etopsexit=&etopsaltn1=&etopsaltn2=&etopsaltn3=&etopsaltn4=&etopsaltn5=&etopsaltn6=&asp4_snapshot=disabled&debug_zerowind=0&static_id=&manual_acdata=

simbrief.xml

5 hours ago, richboy2307 said:

Could y'all share your simbrief ID with us to try and test/recreate this? Dispatch an A300 flight plan as well, thanks!

Mine is Codylang. Unless you need the Number ID. I just filed a SB FP. Before launching the sim I decided to remove the work folder since thats what works for me. Though I realized that removing the work folder before launching doesn't work. The INIT page is completely blank. Only filled reference is the CO RTE KONTKSDF

• Like 1

Happened to me also for the first time, in  my 4th flt with 1.1.0.  I had the "error downloading data" message, I decided to enter the FP manually but after a few minutes while I was inserting the waypoints the simbrief FP was loaded normally without doing anything. Maybe it is a simbrief server issue?

Edited by KorEl
  • Like 1

Quick update...So I am learning that even removing the work folder doesn't do anything in my attempt to remove it before launching MSFS. So I restarted the sim, left the folder to see if having it deleted matters. From what I gather, I am seeing if I just restart the sim, after starting it once then it'll work. FP worked this time. So will make the return flight back to SDF from KONT. Just wanted to post some of my findings.

• Like 1

Ok, I've spent a couple of hours today trying to figure it out and I found a way that works for me... If I remove FSUIPC from exe.xml (programs started during MSFS loading) then FMC works fine, I can normally fill in FROM/TO at INI page for IRS align process and I can import Simbrief plan. If I put it back and FSUIPC starts with the MSFS then it doesn't work and does what I stated yesterday. It's a weird one, I know, but I've tried like three times with and without FSUIPC.

Edited by mark75
  • Like 1