A300 stutters every 10-15 seconds

PotatoSalad

Hi!

Noticed it on both versions of the A300 (V1.0.0 and 1.0.1 - worse on the latest version). Stutters last for 1-2 seconds and occur every 10-15 seconds. Noticeable sound from my hardware when it occurs and there is a dip in GPU load. Does not occur with any other third party plane. Community folder is almost empty and occurs both on the ground and in cruise. I've tried to amend/reduce settings but makes no difference. Normally doesn't occur at first load up but does by the time I arrive at a destination. Tested on both long haul and short haul which made no difference. 

Running a 4070ti, 5800X3D, 32GB ram, 1080p. 

Thanks 

• Like 1

@PotatoSalad

Sir are you running your sim settings on? Have you tried to run an older version of gpu software? Try rolling it back a few cycles and see if this will eliminate that problem. I am not sure about Nvidia cards but shouldn't there be a settings that prevents screen tear and lagging? So e have stated the 8K texture might be the cause am not sure about it. I don't have those issues. 

Windows 11 Home Insider Preview 64-bit
CPU Intel Core i7 10700K @ 3.80GHz 
RAM 32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI

ATI AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB Gigabyte)

Same issue here with i7 12th and RTX 4070Ti, but after downgrade the textures that helped, but after landing in a third party airport, the problem came again... The VRAM uses is too high... With third-party aircrafts it maintains about 6~8gb, but with the A300 stays on the limit!

I've created a post in Suggestion, and shared videos, hope that helped the staff...

• Like 1

Same here. Was thinking my 2080ti might be showing its age, but this is a new problem for me. I only installed GPU-Z because I suspected high usage. Sure enough most of the time its pegged at 99%. And I double checked that the low res textures are indeed installed.

Edited by sho69607

Update:

Been flying stutter free all day until the sim started to get dark - stutters came back. Rolled back the time by 1hr to daylight and stutters went again. So I think the stutters are related to night ops. 

• Like 2

Was there a fix to issue because I'm experiencing the same issue even after I downloaded the optimised texture. By the way do they just install automatically after the I download each single airline? It's hard to tell difference.

Same issue here.

Every 15 or so seconds something is running in the background affects my frame time while using this plane. Also observed on the A310 when I used to fly it. Never happens on any other AC that I have

image.jpg

I think I remember experiencing the same issue with the A310 also. 

I've tested this with both the optimised textures and the high-def ones, both experience the stutters as described during night ops. We've not found a workaround, so will need inibuilds! 

FYI you can check if the optimised textures are installed properly as they show in the community folder and is noticeable in the cockpit (try looking at the seats, panels etc). 

Posted (edited)

Nothing else jumps out at me, nor any other program. The only indication is GPU usage, which normally with the A300 sits around 60%, and with the spikes it decreases to 30% (forgive me I'm a bit of a layman in this area!). @Maxis screenshot is probs best to use. 

Edited by PotatoSalad

1 hour ago, Max said:

Is anything spiking in task manager when you experience these stutters?

Nope. Went there first thing to check. Nothing is spiking in there.

Same problem with me ,if I leave the AC in cold and dark for a while,and pan around  close to the engines the fps drops (stutters), but in the cockpit is fine.

Started noticing this (or atleast something similar) today. Fps drops/stutters at certain intervals. Starts happening only after turning on the batteries and stops if I turn them back off. Also noticed that it doesn't happen when time in sim is set to daytime. It only happens during sunrise, sunset and nightime (or atleast is more exaggerated then). It only happens in the a300. In the dev-mode fps counter ingame I can see that there is a spike in CoherentGTdraw for the duration of the stutter/fps drop.

Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 32gb ddr5 ram, rtx 4090.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ellmer123 said:

Started noticing this (or atleast something similar) today. Fps drops/stutters at certain intervals. Starts happening only after turning on the batteries and stops if I turn them back off. Also noticed that it doesn't happen when time in sim is set to daytime. It only happens during sunrise, sunset and nightime (or atleast is more exaggerated then). It only happens in the a300. In the dev-mode fps counter ingame I can see that there is a spike in CoherentGTdraw for the duration of the stutter/fps drop.

Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 32gb ddr5 ram, rtx 4090.

That's pretty much it. When it happened in the A310 it started the moment the batteries are pressed but because i dont fly the A310 much i never bothered to report. Also, I have been doing night or early morning ops in this present A300 so i it meets your second criteria. I will do a day flight to see if i get those dips to my frame time that i reported above. Thank you for going further and locating that spike in CoherentGTdraw .. maybe the devs can do something with that additional information to identify possible causes.

On 1/2/2024 at 11:15 AM, PotatoSalad said:

Update:

Been flying stutter free all day until the sim started to get dark - stutters came back. Rolled back the time by 1hr to daylight and stutters went again. So I think the stutters are related to night ops. 

Try deleting your rolling cache and see if that helps at all.  I am just curious about that.

Also try using the optimized textures from the app itself instead of the high quality texture.  I have downloaded these and it has improved the fps. Also on that note try to roll back your gpu drivers a notch.  DX12 if this is selected can cause some issues. 

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home Insider Preview 64-bit
CPU Intel Core i7 10700K @ 3.80GHz 
RAM 32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI

ATI AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB Gigabyte)