bumpy runway

xiang

7 hours ago, trisho0 said:

When you have Photogrametrie set ON, do you have bumps issues as posted on this thread topic? If so, where is that Photogrametrie settings to change to Off?

Pat

It's in the General Options - Data - Photogrammetry within MSFS

• Like 1

21 hours ago, trisho0 said:

When you have Photogrametrie set ON, do you have bumps issues as posted on this thread topic? If so, where is that Photogrametrie settings to change to Off?

Pat

Hi Pat 

With photogrammetry enabled, the bumps are very softened ! 
But the proximity of New York in photogrammetry, divides the performance by  ... 2  ! 

Photogrammetry is very pretty, but activated, the performance is divided by 2... KJFK without Photogrammetry, I have 20 to 30 Im/sec...
with photogrammetry activated, I falls below 10 Im/sec !

This is the reason why I use MSFS with photogrammetry OFF !  ( And I think many other users too ) !
I have almost 200 add-ons, none of which require me to activate photogrammetry so as not to have runway problems  <:\ !  
But I d'ont no, why photogrametrie modify the altitude of the ground  <:\  

Manu.

I tried to find the bumpy runway seen on runway 4R only. As soon as I see the runway 4R issue is resolved then I will test the other runways.

So, I set BING DATA ON and PHOTOGRAMMETRY ON, the runway 4R softened but not resolved, still bumpy and differently. As per screenshots I have one picture with PHOTOGRAMMETRY ON and the other picture with PHOTOGRAMMETRY OFF. I think trying to fix from Developer it should be done with the ONLINE FUNCTIONALITY OFF from General Options-Data settings. Once the issue is resolved then to reset the ONLINE FUNCTIONALITY to Default or the best that suit our needs.

Pat

KJFK-Bumpy rwy 4R_photogrammetry ON.jpg

KJFK-Bumpy rwy 4R_photogrammetry OFF.jpg

There is clearly a problem at the runway crossing
Here, 4L 22 R  with 31L / 13R   
In this image, I accentuated the problem to clearly delineate the problem at this intersection 
Note to Inibuild Developer ... try to remove altitude déf from settings about the Thereshold line , this line ( Alt ) must remain blank in the SDK parameters when draw a thereshold on runway or taxiway ! 
I think of this because the stair lines are created at these Thereshold line and I have already experimented with it in the development of another scenery !

Capture d’écran (2922) copie.jpg

Manu, what settings do you have with the ONLINE FUNCTIONALITY from MSFS General Options-Data page? Or do you have the ONLINE FUNCTIONALITY OFF?

I don't have the Asobo KJFK default installed. Anyway, I have the same issue as yours.

Pat

Hi there,

Just got the same issue on 4L: Huge bump at runways intersection, and of course, it ruined the takeoff after 40+ minutes of flight preparation. Really frustrating to say the least 😤
I don't use photogrammetry , as it looks quite ugly and has an impact on performances.
Hope you will find a solution soon.

Thanks,

Vincent

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the same issues reported. I was rolling down almost over the piano keys on 4L when the aircraft flipped my nose into a hole. There are also bumps on the intersection of 22R and 31R off ZA and A/B. 

These bumps have been there since day one from me. I would happily help the team in any way I can to facilitate a solution for all.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, i bought KJFK this evening and had those very very annoying bumps on every runway. - when crossing another rnw.

i thought this was fixed as mentioned in the release notes of 1.1.???

Original KJFK removed

Bing Data On

PG Off

Rolling Cache Off

help. thx

IMG20240217030648.jpg

Edited by Moe94

Oh!, C'mon ..... still not resolved that issue yet? I am not flying with KJFK since the beginning of the installation giving some time to the Developer to make a fix or updates.

We have to wait a very long more time now ..... that's ridiculous!

Pat

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem on the intersection 04L/31L. PG is off. With PG on it's gone, but what is also gone is my framerate. I really think a big developer like iniBuilds should be able to fix this in 6 months. On one of their biggest / best selling sceneries. A bit disappointed here.

5 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

I'm having the same problem on the intersection 04L/31L. PG is off. With PG on it's gone, but what is also gone is my framerate. I really think a big developer like iniBuilds should be able to fix this in 6 months. On one of their biggest / best selling sceneries. A bit disappointed here.

The only solution so far is to purchase the KJFK airport to another Developer.

Pat

Just had a horrendous landing in a fully loaded A300, courtesy of one of these bumps. The bird did a massive bounce, then stalled shortly after. I had PG on, but IIRC I got the MSFS “not enough bandwidth for PG” message.

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Just had a horrendous landing in a fully loaded A300, courtesy of one of these bumps. The bird did a massive bounce, then stalled shortly after. I had PG on, but IIRC I got the MSFS “not enough bandwidth for PG” message.

That's only the beginning of issues with KJFK. The airport needs maintenance so don't land in there (lol). Try Helicopter.

Pat

unfortunately, the update 1.2  does not correct the stairs on the track crossings, scenery still unusable ! 
Or try to take off and land without crossing the other runways, ... not easy at JFK 🤪 !

Capture d’écran (130).jpeg