Pitch Trim Calculation

cavaricooper

I have noticed a distinct trend in difficult initial and secondary rotation with the calculated Pitch Trim setting.  I have started using about a 0.2UP additive to the EFB computation which then gives me proper rotation and initial elevator authority. Would you please verify?  Thanks!

Yes I am having the same problem with Xbox and Hotas One.I set the correct weights / trim as per the EFB ,insert correct V speeds,Rotate at correct speed ,but always need to pull Fully back on stick and hold it there to lift off.Works correctly with all other aircraft.

Edited by jimfly

XBOX X

Thanks for your help,I set trim using the in cockpit trim wheel and now add .3 up  above the EFB calculation and still it is well out ,immediately after take off I have to put lots of Hotas one joystick trim UP in just to keep it climbing at a reasonable rate.Where do I find the A310 pitch trim data?.I have done the video tutorials.

Please try with heavy weights- ZFW 240000lbs +. When you do you will see this behavior every time.  Additionally AFDS does not cope with high wing loading, and moves into shaker territory through initial departure turns.  Requires AP disco and manual flight.  The flight is within the envelope- just outside AP capabilities.

On 11/25/2022 at 9:37 AM, cavaricooper said:

Please try with heavy weights- ZFW 240000lbs +. When you do you will see this behavior every time.  Additionally AFDS does not cope with high wing loading, and moves into shaker territory through initial departure turns.  Requires AP disco and manual flight.  The flight is within the envelope- just outside AP capabilities.

I've noticed the same thing in 2 long haul flights I've done, around the 235klbs range. The rotation on the way out each time was more than an easy stick pull, it required an abnormal amount of backpressure to unstick.

I can provide a video of that if necessary, but I would say it is worth a test. This was at JFK, 236klbs, I believe CG came out to about 23% and 1.7 ANU. CG didn't seem right, but I generally fly the A320, so I have no idea; the loads were put in via the EFB.