Simbrief import stuck on PENDING

b3lt3r

I have googled and read the various threads here as well but it never changes status.

I have:

1. Used ini manager to configure by name - the ini file is in work directory

2. Confirmed I am online - MS servers seem just fine. I know they were flakey on day 1 but they seem steady now.

3, Export via manager and load by orig/dest worked

Just by the number of people still having an issue I think "something" is borked somewhere so please do consider inverstigaitng if possible. I know it's working for some/most - my mate also in UK just started a flight and his imported no issues.

Thanks (great plane aside from this, thanks)

Edited by b3lt3r

Network requests from code (from WASM, at least, not sure about JS/HTML instruments) are impacted by MSFS server status. Due to the popularity of the 40th Anniversary update, the servers are under heavy load. The simbrief integration was tested heavily during the production phase. Until server load lightens, the SimBrief uplink may be unreliable, this is unfortunately largely out of our hands.

In the meantime you can use the SimBrief import/export in the iniManager under Pilot Support, as you already said under point 3 🙂

14 hours ago, gumbyger said:

Network requests from code (from WASM, at least, not sure about JS/HTML instruments) are impacted by MSFS server status. Due to the popularity of the 40th Anniversary update, the servers are under heavy load. The simbrief integration was tested heavily during the production phase. Until server load lightens, the SimBrief uplink may be unreliable, this is unfortunately largely out of our hands.

In the meantime you can use the SimBrief import/export in the iniManager under Pilot Support, as you already said under point 3 🙂

Makes no sense at all. FBW and others aircrafts use the same way to stablish contatct with Simbrief with no issues. I believe there is a lot to do to fix that.

• Like 1

OK. It's 07:45Z and I still go into "pending" state loading my current active plan. This is NOT just about day 1 load impacting WASM requests. I am going to uninstall the 310 through content/market, reinstall and hope the compile for run 1 resolves.

Uninstalled both the base and enhanced modules. Re-installed and loaded. The load time didn't look like a compile took place so not convinced the uninstall actually deleted everything. Anyway - spawn in, power on batteries and GPU, start IRS align, go to ACARS, select simbrief import and then PENDING.

To be clear - the fact that it seems to work for many others suggests there is something in the environment of those of us with the problem that causes the issue.

To that end - a little context for my setup:

Steam install, Spad Next, Track-IR, Navigraph, FSUIPC - aside from that I don't this there is anything too weird.

One other thing - I have seen people say weather radar is functioning but when I turn it on I get what looks like a test pattern and no sweeps.

Thanks  

Edited by b3lt3r

1 hour ago, b3lt3r said:

Uninstalled both the base and enhanced modules. Re-installed and loaded. The load time didn't look like a compile took place so not convinced the uninstall actually deleted everything. Anyway - spawn in, power on batteries and GPU, start IRS align, go to ACARS, select simbrief import and then PENDING.

To be clear - the fact that it seems to work for many others suggests there is something in the environment of those of us with the problem that causes the issue.

To that end - a little context for my setup:

Steam install, Spad Next, Track-IR, Navigraph, FSUIPC - aside from that I don't this there is anything too weird.

One other thing - I have seen people say weather radar is functioning but when I turn it on I get what looks like a test pattern and no sweeps.

Thanks  

Or it does only not work for those people where the regular compile ( me included ) not work like it should seeing that if you have no compiled files in this directory :

c:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\microsoft-aircraft-a310-300\  - this is the path for the Store MSFS Version.

Can anybody confirm that it works ( simbrief import ) over the FMC with not have those compiled files in this directory ?

If so i am complitly wrong, so any reply report would be fine about that..

Did you turn around that WX Knob ? ( and to make shure you have clouds around ) had this first too, but turning that knob to the second hold from right did the trick for me.

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

Heya!

I know this is frustrating for y'all but it unfortunately is largely out of our hands. Different kinds of planes use different means on how to import the SimBrief data. FBW not being on the marketplace has different ways to access it.

If you really need a FPL import, please use the Pilot Support FPL Import/Export function of the iniManager.

Understand but PMDG/Fenix/JF all work and I believe PMDG is also WASM based. 

Looking back at the thread elsewhere about FPS issues I see there is a known issue with the code not compiling properly which kind of aligns with what I said above that when I un/re installed both modules my subsequent first load was well under a minute.

For now I can use the manager import but it would be nice to know that ini understand this is a real issue. Let's see what the fix for compilation does when it drops. For clarity I am not suffering excessive fps issues - it's about 25% lower than PMDG but certainly usable on my system.

Edited by b3lt3r

If this feature is really that much more sensitive to server load than all other other competitor's solutions, then perhaps the wrong solution is being used?  Nothing is ever totally "out of our hands".  At the end of the day, regardless of implementation difference reasons, the end user sees that this works on other planes, and does not work on the A310.   That's all that matters.  And I would still be willing to bet this issue will linger after server load decreases even further. I would highly recommend a deeper debug.    

Note that I have been able to use the inimanger workaround in the meantime.

5 minutes ago, M L said:

If this feature is really that much more sensitive to server load than all other other competitor's solutions, then perhaps the wrong solution is being used?  Nothing is ever totally "out of our hands".  At the end of the day, regardless of implementation difference reasons, the end user sees that this works on other planes, and does not work on the A310.   That's all that matters.  And I would still be willing to bet this issue will linger after server load decreases even further. I would highly recommend a deeper debug.    

Note that I have been able to use the inimanger workaround in the meantime.

I am comfortable that the feature per se can and does work for many people but equally there are many it does not work for. This suggests an environment issue - is it because (for instance) I installed via Steam? 

Don't know - it's not the most urgent issue but an issue nonetheless 

Edited by b3lt3r

Indeed it could very well be an environment issue, given the wide differences in current functionality.  I'm also glad that other factors are now seen as a potential cause instead of only server load.  I would simply make the official public response that there are currently unknown issues causing this problem for a broad section of users, and those having issues should use the inimanager workaround until further notice.

• Like 2