Nosewheel steering problem

Ahmed Saleh

Hello,

First Thank you Inibuilds... Period.

Then, I am using a separate axis for tiller and it is set to off in EFB. It works until the slightest movement of the rudder pedals and it gets reset to 0. Unable to maintain steering angle when rudder moves. 

Any idea?

Thanks

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gumbyger said:

Thanks for reporting, will add this to our internal bug thread 🙂

Maybe to ad some extra information: Setting larger deadzones on the different flight control axises appears to help a bit as a workaround. However setting nosewheelsteering to "off" in the efb only works for a while and then the plane somehow forgets you had set it to off to be able to use your tiller axis and you have to recycle the efb and its nosewheel steering setting for it to work again. After that it's rince and repeat when it happens again.

3 hours ago, Prime0x7c8 said:

However setting nosewheelsteering to "off" in the efb only works for a while and then the plane somehow forgets you had set it to off to be able to use your tiller axis and you have to recycle the efb and its nosewheel steering setting for it to work again. After that it's rince and repeat when it happens again.

Yes, I experienced exactly the same behaviour last night.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have had this problem as well with the A310 for MSFS. I have the latest version from the content manager. I have a ThrustMaster Airbus joystick that I use as a tiller only using the twist axis. My pedals are ThrustMaster TFRP. Looking at the pedals in the cockpit they appear stable so I don't think the pots are noisy. But as everybody else says, the nosewheel steering system will work fine for a while then suddenly keeps centering the wheel apparently for no reason, making taxiing near impossible especially at slow speeds with the feet on the pedals. I too believe it could be the slightest movement of the rudder that seems to affect the nws.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...