RESOLVED: ILS RWY 09L/09R not working EGLL

abdulaziz

Unfortunately I do not know how to upload a video, my computer knowledge is limited. Also, as a casual flyer I don't know what everything is called. Sorry.

On the FBW A320 Dev I import the route into the aircraft via the fly-pad into the MCDU, I select the runway to be used. At some point in the flight the runway appears on the PFD screen.. Descending. at about 15000ft I select the approach mode on the performance page of the MCDU. Fifteen miles approximately I select 'LS' and the vertical and horizontal 'dots appear on the PFD screen. When the Glide slope and localiser indications appear I select 'approach' and eventually the aircraft intercepts the signal. This may not be how real pilots do it but it works for me. With Heathrow none of these indications appear. The correct frequency is displayed on the Rad Nav page of the MCDU.

Incidentally on take off from 09L/09R the runway centralising indicator (the green vertical bar on the PFD) does not appear either.

I hope this is of some help.

On 3/30/2022 at 3:14 PM, Ubaid said:

Those saying there have no ILS, can you provide a video of the issue, and how you are setting the ILS up in the aircraft you are flying?

I have the same issue with the ILS, tomorrow when I do the turn around from Billund, I will record you a video.

Ok, so here we have our next Asobo big update. No ILS on 09L and full of trees at EGLL when its offline about the bing data. There are the same bugs, they said we hope it will be resolved by Asobo 🥴 WHAT? They told me at inibuilds that I am too frustrated about this problem. Thank you. I use the basic Asobo EGLL after that I had bought this ***.

My answer: I WANT MY MONEY BACK, NOW. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Bavionic said:

Ok, so here we have our next Asobo big update. No ILS on 09L and full of trees at EGLL when its offline about the bing data. There are the same bugs, they said we hope it will be resolved by Asobo 🥴 WHAT? They told me at inibuilds that I am too frustrated about this problem. Thank you. I use the basic Asobo EGLL after that I had bought this ***.

My answer: I WANT MY MONEY BACK, NOW. 

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/593575-fsdt-ksdf-trees-throughout-the-airport/ - for the trees...

In SU9 these are some of the notes...

image.png

Please could someone check the ILS now.. we will also be making our checks in SU9... 

1 hour ago, Ubaid said:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/593575-fsdt-ksdf-trees-throughout-the-airport/ - for the trees...

In SU9 these are some of the notes...

image.png

Please could someone check the ILS now.. we will also be making our checks in SU9... 

Okay, with SU9 installed, the first time I set up a 09L approach, no ILS. I exited the sim, deleted the Content.xml, retried the approach and it worked.

9 minutes ago, AndyM said:

Okay, with SU9 installed, the first time I set up a 09L approach, no ILS. I exited the sim, deleted the Content.xml, retried the approach and it worked.

Do we have to delete the content or is this a red herring? 

38 minutes ago, aceridgey said:

Do we have to delete the content or is this a red herring? 

No.

Before updating to the latest beta SU9, I removed everything from my Community Folder (cut and paste a couple of permanent items to a backup folder, and disabled the others through the 'MSFS Addons Linker' program). I then updated to SU9, started MSFS to make sure it was working okay, then shut it down. I installed everything back prior to the installation and started MSFS. On the first attempt at 09L the ILS wasn't working. I exited MSFS, deleted the Content.xml file in 'C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache' and tried the same scenario with 09L and it worked. 

I cannot take part in this as I do not want to use a Beta program. How ever when SU9 is published is it expected that before each flight I will need to delete the content file? Remove items from the Community file? This does not seem the right way to go. I hope this is only a clue gathering exercise leading to a permanent solution.

3 hours ago, Andrew Kirwan said:

I cannot take part in this as I do not want to use a Beta program. How ever when SU9 is published is it expected that before each flight I will need to delete the content file? Remove items from the Community file? This does not seem the right way to go. I hope this is only a clue gathering exercise leading to a permanent solution.

No, it is recommended that you remove the contents of the Community Folder prior to the Sim Updates, make sure the sim is working okay, then install the addons back in to the Community Folder, maybe a few at a time to make sure there are no issues. I delete the Content.xml file as a matter of course maybe once a month, and let the sim rebuild it. I find it cuts down on some of the issues I used to get. I also don't use Rolling Cache as that has caused me a few problems with scenery addons in the past.

6 hours ago, AndyM said:

No, it is recommended that you remove the contents of the Community Folder prior to the Sim Updates, make sure the sim is working okay, then install the addons back in to the Community Folder, maybe a few at a time to make sure there are no issues. I delete the Content.xml file as a matter of course maybe once a month, and let the sim rebuild it. I find it cuts down on some of the issues I used to get. I also don't use Rolling Cache as that has caused me a few problems with scenery addons in the past.

Ah...... I understand. What I intend to do now is to revert to the ASOBO Deluxe EGLL and wait for SU9 to be officially released, then reinstall and hope for happy days.

• Haha 1

Ive tried every single step above. Read through every post in this thread trying things but it simply isnt working. Flying in on 27 it's all fine. Im not going to wait around for fixes because other EGLL scenery works fine. So I'd like to actually request a Refund on this

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DanielV said:

Ive tried every single step above. Read through every post in this thread trying things but it simply isnt working. Flying in on 27 it's all fine. Im not going to wait around for fixes because other EGLL scenery works fine. So I'd like to actually request a Refund on this

I genuinely wish you luck on getting a refund. If you do please post your success. How ever, I am not holding my breath!

• Like 1

I just did a complete fresh install of my entire PC and MSFS - Ive only got you addon in the community folder and,,,,,Not a happy bunny right this minute. Take the airport out and the ILS is back when you have the default aiport. Can someone please tell me what's going with this! Surely it's a simply fix and with so many reporting the same things perhaps you aught to give people some sort of solution to this. 

Screenshot 2022-04-07 001413.jpg

Edited by DanielV
  • Like 1

Just now, DanielV said:

I just did a complete fresh install of my entire PC and MSFS - Ive only got you addon in the community folder and,,,,,Not a happy bunny right this minute. Take the airport out and the ILS is back when you have the default aiport , not even the Asobo EGLL. Can someone please tell me what's going with this! Surely it's a simply fix and with so many reporting the same things perhaps you aught to give people some sort of solution to this. 

Screenshot 2022-04-07 001413.jpg

Daniel,

With all due respect, have you even read this thread? 

We're all waiting on Sim update 9. You're not the only one having this issue so please stop replying three times with your unhappiness. We get it, we all are too. But we're in wait mode and we'll review after SU9 comes out.

2 minutes ago, aceridgey said:

Daniel,

With all due respect, have you even read this thread? 

We're all waiting on Sim update 9. You're not the only one having this issue so please stop replying three times with your unhappiness. We get it, we all are too. But we're in wait mode and we'll review after SU9 comes out.

Yes Ive read the thread. Ive also taken the time to create another Beta Copy of MSFS on a completely different machine using SU9 beta update installed and just this minute discovered there's absolutely no change. Still no ILS so the update isnt going to help anyone unless there is some magical thing they are going to change. So with all due respect I shall comment as much as I want explaining what I have done too 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Although we're aware that some of our customers are experiencing an issue with the 09 ILS, it's not been possible to replicate the issue internally. This is despite trying every combination of aircraft and sim settings. When combined with the intermittent nature of the problem and the fact that it's not an issue for the vast majority of users, it makes for a problem that's virtually impossible to resolve.

We had hoped the changes to the way ILS is handled in SU9 would create a solution but, for now, it seems that that is not the case.

We're not about to give up on the issue and are continuing to search for solution. While we're committed to finding a solution, it's impossible to say when or even if that will happen...

1 hour ago, Ubaid said:

Although we're aware that some of our customers are experiencing an issue with the 09 ILS, it's not been possible to replicate the issue internally. This is despite trying every combination of aircraft and sim settings. When combined with the intermittent nature of the problem and the fact that it's not an issue for the vast majority of users, it makes for a problem that's virtually impossible to resolve.

We had hoped the changes to the way ILS is handled in SU9 would create a solution but, for now, it seems that that is not the case.

We're not about to give up on the issue and are continuing to search for solution. While we're committed to finding a solution, it's impossible to say when or even if that will happen...

I think you're underestimating the scale of the problem. Every single person I've talked in my circles has this issue and obviously not reporting it here. 

You asked to add you on discord to troubleshoot and you have ignored my messages from last week.

What have asobo said?