RESOLVED: ILS RWY 09L/09R not working EGLL

abdulaziz

12 hours ago, Ubaid said:

Although we're aware that some of our customers are experiencing an issue with the 09 ILS, it's not been possible to replicate the issue internally. This is despite trying every combination of aircraft and sim settings. When combined with the intermittent nature of the problem and the fact that it's not an issue for the vast majority of users, it makes for a problem that's virtually impossible to resolve.

We had hoped the changes to the way ILS is handled in SU9 would create a solution but, for now, it seems that that is not the case.

We're not about to give up on the issue and are continuing to search for solution. While we're committed to finding a solution, it's impossible to say when or even if that will happen...

I am so sad about this news and also wish you to find the solution, but it looks like the EGLL soft does not work for me and I decided to skip it going back to Asobo standard. I would like to ask the administrator to give information about my refund so I would give back my license. Thank you very much.

P.S. As the bugs will be fixed and works fine, I will buy it again, until that it was a bad business for me.

Guys is there any solution to your broken airport that Ive paid for? The list of people buying the airport and having this issue is growing. I would suggest pulling the airport from the market until you fix it. This isnt an asobo or aircraft issue, it's happening with your airport so please stop trying to make out that it's an intermittend issue. The airport hasnt worked since purchase and I even went as far as completely reinstalling windows and my sim only to find out that the issue is still there. Even joined the beta of SU9 thinking it would resolve the issue but it's not asobo. Other freeware and asobos default airports work. By the way Ive open another ticket because your purchase system is broken as I ive got other inibuild products I cannot download from the download manager as it's not showing all my products. Come on guys this is a great experience right now

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2022 at 2:52 PM, Ubaid said:

Guys, what would you like us to do..

We are configuring the ILS based on what the SDK dictates for us to do... we have done nothing different to how 27's are configured... 

I know everyone has their bias for what they want to fly / use... but please try and view this objectively. 

The results overall are inconclusive... both ILS's work for most users, for some that don't work, the steps above provide a solution... if that does not work, and a re-install is still not working there is not much else we can do.

We are looking into this again... 

Can you please fix your airport! Ive purchased this airport and pretty much have to use Asobos EGLL because yours isnt working!!! PLEASE FIX THIS and please can you respond to people in this thread! This is getting annoying now. To a point that I want my money back now! Ive did a complete wipe out of my windows install, installed the sim from scratch. Ive literally just got your airport installed in the community folder with nothing else and the ILS's for 09 aren NOT working

Edited by DanielV
  • Like 3

The silence from the Ini team says it all. If, as they say the majority of users are happy the chances of Ini working on a fix is non-existent. There is no chance of a refund, all I can do is state that I will never use a product from Ini again and advise others not to as well.

• Like 1

Okay, I had it working, after the SU9 update, it wasn't working anymore. After some investigation I noticed that SU9 had enabled Rolling Cache (which I have disabled). I deleted it, turned it off, restarted the sim and it is working again, well, definitely with the latest Dev version of the A32NX, not tried other aircraft.

Might be worth trying the following in this order ....

1. Delete any rolling cache, and temporarily turn it off. Ensure you have the default Asobo EGLL uninstalled.

2. Exit MSFS

3. Delete the Content.xml file. For MS store version it's :- (AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml)

4. Delete the simulator .dat files. For MS store version it's :- (AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\*.dat)

5. Remove everything other than the EGLL scenery to the Community folder.

6. Start MSFS and try 09L, if working start to load and re-enable addons and options, testing 09L as you go.

2 hours ago, AndyM said:

Okay, I had it working, after the SU9 update, it wasn't working anymore. After some investigation I noticed that SU9 had enabled Rolling Cache (which I have disabled). I deleted it, turned it off, restarted the sim and it is working again, well, definitely with the latest Dev version of the A32NX, not tried other aircraft.

Might be worth trying the following in this order ....

1. Delete any rolling cache, and temporarily turn it off. Ensure you have the default Asobo EGLL uninstalled.

2. Exit MSFS

3. Delete the Content.xml file. For MS store version it's :- (AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml)

4. Delete the simulator .dat files. For MS store version it's :- (AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\*.dat)

5. Remove everything other than the EGLL scenery to the Community folder.

6. Start MSFS and try 09L, if working start to load and re-enable addons and options, testing 09L as you go.

Thanks for this. I tried it without any success. What has happened is that I have now lost the 'Searching for Updates' screen on starting the sim which I hope is not going to cause me other problems.

Just downloaded 1.22 via iniManager, but after the update it's still showing as 1.21 in the manifest.json file.
Also deleted it manually and installed it fresh, again still showing as 1.21

Edited by steveburke

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, steveburke said:

Just downloaded 1.22 via iniManager, but after the update it's still showing as 1.21 in the manifest.json file.
Also deleted it manually and installed it fresh, again still showing as 1.21

Hi Steve,

I've just completed a test download through the iniManager myself, and it's showing v1.22.

Could you please try a full reinstall once more and let us know?

image.png

Sam Wheeler
Senior Management | iniBuilds
inibuilds.com

Showing v1..2.2 after the update for me. My community folder is outside of C drive

{
  "dependencies": [],
  "content_type": "SCENERY",
  "title": "EGLL Heathrow Airport",
  "manufacturer": "",
  "creator": "iniScene",
  "package_version": "1.2.2",
  "minimum_game_version": "1.25.7",
  "release_notes": {
    "neutral": {
      "LastUpdate": "",
      "OlderHistory": ""
    }
  }
}

Edited by AndyM

Very strange. I've now done 5 downloads, the first 3 I manually deleted the "inibuilds-airport-egll-london" folder from community before starting iniManager. The 4th time I chose Uninstall and then Install from iniManager.  The 5th time I did the same as the 4th but with a PC reboot first. This is what I get each time after the install has completed.

I'm out if ideas...  It's a if it's picking up a cached install package from somewhere? 

Is there any debug logs that iniManager can create ?

{
  "package_version": "1.2.1",
  "minimum_game_version": "1.23.12",
    }
  }
}

• Administrators
1 hour ago, steveburke said:

Very strange. I've now done 5 downloads, the first 3 I manually deleted the "inibuilds-airport-egll-london" folder from community before starting iniManager. The 4th time I chose Uninstall and then Install from iniManager.  The 5th time I did the same as the 4th but with a PC reboot first. This is what I get each time after the install has completed.

I'm out if ideas...  It's a if it's picking up a cached install package from somewhere? 

Is there any debug logs that iniManager can create ?

{
  "package_version": "1.2.1",
  "minimum_game_version": "1.23.12",
    }
  }
}

\AppData\Local\iniManager\app-1.0.5\resources\app\temp

Could you check if the above directory has any .zip files in it?

Sam Wheeler
inibuilds.com

• Sam changed the title to RESOLVED: ILS RWY 09L/09R not working EGLL
28 minutes ago, Sam said:

No zip in there. I've even uninstalled iniManager and manually deleted it out of \AppData\Local and \AppData\Roaming before reinstalling it from scratch... and I'm still getting 1.21

I even fired up a VPN in case you were using a cloud provider that was out of sync for the delivery (UK local - US VPN) and it's still 1.21. I'm completely out of ideas now. 

As a last resort, I have another old PC stashed away that I will dig out and hook up, install iniManager on it (it has no MSFS on it so I'll create a fake community folder) and try that. Surely that must work?!

1 hour ago, Sam said:

Hi Sam,

I dug out an old PC (which has never seen a FlightSim of any kind), installed iniManager, downloaded EGLL from scratch to a dummy community folder and it's STILL 1.21 !!!

That says to me that it's my iniBuilds account (via iniManager) that offering 1.22 but only delivering 1.21. Is that possible?
Given that my iniBuilds account and my BT broadband connection (using BT's Hub, so nothing weird there) are the only common factors, it's the only conclusion I can come to!

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, steveburke said:

Hi Sam,

I dug out an old PC (which has never seen a FlightSim of any kind), installed iniManager, downloaded EGLL from scratch to a dummy community folder and it's STILL 1.21 !!!

That says to me that it's my iniBuilds account (via iniManager) that offering 1.22 but only delivering 1.21. Is that possible?
Given that my iniBuilds account and my BT broadband connection (using BT's Hub, so nothing weird there) are the only common factors, it's the only conclusion I can come to!

Thanks for update, Steve. Sorry to hear you're still experiencing issues.

Could you please reach out to us directly and I'll be able to look into this further for you?

• Like 1

Sam Wheeler
inibuilds.com