Systems and displays freezing

danielfall

I've done probably 50 flights with the A300 without any issues but the flight I'm trying to do now causes all displays and flight deck systems to "freeze". The sim doesn't freeze, I can still control the aircraft manually but the autopilot doesn't do anything and the PFD and ND don't show any movement. Some buttons can be clicked but their action have no effect.

I'm trying to to LSGG-LFSB with the LUMEL 8K arrival, ILS Z 15 approach. I've tried the same route 3 times with the same results. Before the last attempt I uninstalled and reinstalled the A300 and updated my Navigraph navdata.

Any idea what's causing this? I've googled and found others having this issue but no real solution.

I had the same yesterday. I received a CPDLC message, then performance absolutely tanked for 10-20 seconds. When performance came back, all systems were frozen but some buttons could be clicked (without any effect), and I could control it manually just as you described.

Same happened to me just now.  I was deleting points on the STAR in flight and then the FMS went blank and all systems froze.  I was flying the PW version, have not had this on the other version.  See screenshot.  This needs to be fixed.

image.thumb.png.a39bb75290a746c6ca3511cdb59efda9.png

Thanks reported, we're looking into this. 

Meanwhile keep adding the instances where you notice it including
- What you did immediately prior to it crashing
- What version of sim are you on (SU14 or SU15 Beta)
- Route / Procedure if any it crashed on
- Navigraph or Default Navdata
- Screenshot/Video clip any if possible

Thanks!

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
IniBuilds Community Team Member & Tester

1 hour ago, richboy2307 said:

Thanks reported, we're looking into this. 

Meanwhile keep adding the instances where you notice it including
- What you did immediately prior to it crashing
- What version of sim are you on (SU14 or SU15 Beta)
- Route / Procedure if any it crashed on
- Navigraph or Default Navdata
- Screenshot/Video clip any if possible

Thanks!

Thanks for looking into this. Further to my screenshot as per above, I am on SU14, using Navigraph subscription and was using the new PW version.  This happened when I tried to modify the STAR in flight.  I have done a lot of flights without issue in the GE version without any issues.

Regards,

• Like 1

For me this has (so far) only happened when trying to to LSGG-LFSB. I've tried 4 times now, both with the GE version and now after the release with the PW.

Each time it's been the LUMEL 8K arrival for the ILS Z 15 approach at LFSB. Two times I've had the freeze occurring enroute and 2 times after pushback during engine start.

After giving up on  this route I did LFSB-EDDP without any issues. Prior I've done 40-50 lags without issues.

• Like 1

Best advise. Just delete the aircraft. I reported this issue already twice (month ago).. And there some other topics regarding that same issue.. 

The issue is defentily known by inibuilds. It also happend on the XPlane A310 according to forum threads. 

I am very frustated that I have paid like 50€ and they are not fixing it. I just cant use the aircraft because it freezes too often.. 

Since January my A300 is parked at VHHH because I a m not able to contiue to OTHH. Latest bug I observed is regrarding the yel hyd system. The aircraft ist beautiful, but a full of bugs

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2024 at 5:49 PM, danielfall said:

For me this has (so far) only happened when trying to to LSGG-LFSB. I've tried 4 times now, both with the GE version and now after the release with the PW.

Each time it's been the LUMEL 8K arrival for the ILS Z 15 approach at LFSB. Two times I've had the freeze occurring enroute and 2 times after pushback during engine start.

After giving up on  this route I did LFSB-EDDP without any issues. Prior I've done 40-50 lags without issues.

LSGG-LFSB is imposible to do. When calculating the performace a300 frozen, Msfs was running but plane froze. Inibuilds i spent 52 euro for this?????

This has happened again to me, I could replicate it twice now.  Trying to modify the STAR INBO8K for ILS02 at LPPT.  As soon as I removed a waypoint everything freezes.

I am on SU14 and was using the GE version of the A300 latest update.  This needs to be fixed please.

image.thumb.png.b833666254d9ea5edec636dbd19f20e2.png

• Like 1

Thanks all, noted and reported.

We're looking into these CTDs and have already resolved some as of 1.1.1 HF1. However rest assured work continues to try and nail these.

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
IniBuilds Community Team Member & Tester

Not sure if this is related, but I've had my ECAM DU1 screen just freeze today with a "NORMAL" message, that would not respond to any of the buttons controlling the display, like the Clear button.

Happened right after I hit the TOGA button on take-off.

Picture attached.

ECAM.jpg

2 hours ago, chinjh said:

VHHH still a no go. Selecting STAR arrivals will jam the FMC. Odd thing only 07R, 25L are available.

And on the last yards to the runway the LOC pointer move away to the right and the plane try to follow this pointer and steers away, you have to shut down fast the AP and do a hand fly landing, hopefully they look at this problem..

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

6 hours ago, pmplayer said:

And on the last yards to the runway the LOC pointer move away to the right and the plane try to follow this pointer and steers away, you have to shut down fast the AP and do a hand fly landing, hopefully they look at this problem..

cheers 😉

I just tried this out Hong Kong (Chek Lap Kok) Intl. Airport (VHHH) NavData for Three-runway System

It sort of fix most of the issues with missing runways of 07L and 25R and waypoints. But note some of the Loc pointers are still heavily missplaced and you would have to manually plot them or delete them to avoid jamming the fmc. I noticed my FMC jammed cause it was drawing up a lot of incoherent lnav directions whenever selecting any arrivals of 07R and 25L.