All aircraft systems suddenly frozen mid flight

alexv

I know this topic is quite old, but I just experienced this issue on Sim Update 13 1.34.16.0 and version 1.1.8 on the A310. Reading through these comments and other forum posts it appears that when requesting ATIS via the MCDU freezes pretty much everything in the aircraft. I understand that the issue was resolved by moving the ATIS request to the EFB. However, I got this issue when changing altitude constraints in the MCDU.

What I did was, try to change the altitude constraint from AT OR ABOVE 2800 to AT ALT 2800.

SimBrief route: CYOW/32 YOW DCT RADEN DCT YFM DCT 60N071W DCT BILKU DCT CYFB/16

The RNAV approach for runway 16 at Iqaluit in Northern Canada recommends 2800 for the initial approach but I have found the A310 descends late and fast so I wanted to give myself more time to slow down and whatnot. As soon as I went to hit CLR ALT, everything froze. All instruments froze in place, apart from the backup altitude (only the needle and incremental altitude worked). The backup attitude indicator only showed roll information. The backup speed indicator also worked. Flight controls completely froze, Autopilot and A/T were still on, but I was able to hand fly. Engine gauges froze, and dials would spin, but no change to the corresponding number. Flaps work, but not animated. The landing gear worked, and spoilers worked but were not animated.

Link to video here: https://medal.tv/games/microsoft-flight-simulator/clips/1yhs9og_MT_YI_/d1337R7uuJBf?invite=cr-MSxRZlcsMTkzNzg2ODc5LA

• 3 weeks later...

Had the same problem today. I wanted to make a flight between EHAM - LTFM. When inserting de STAR/arrivel into LTFM in the FMC the left FMC goes blank en the hole cockpit freezes. I can press buttons like ext power and batteries en they change lights but the actions wont take place. The left FMC stays blank whatever i do. Tried to change panel states in the FMC that didnt work either. 

40 minutes ago, frasb001 said:

I have issues with the A300-600 in xplane 12, I never finish a single flight because they stop working at mid-flight and frozen and get out the X plane 12?

I try lot of flight and never landing a single time?

I joint a copy of log for who understand thoose tings

Copy after A300 flight.txt 135.79 kB · 0 downloads

• 4 weeks later...

Good morning all,

any news about this problem ? I started a flight yesterday from LFPG to TNCM, woke up this morning in cruise and I remarked that the plane was frozen as in the video of Winniefred, the instruments were frozen, I could touch some buttons but they were unresponsive, only way was to reload the flight, I will do the second leg this evening, I’ll keep you updated if this happens again

Regards

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Are there any news about this issue? Really takes out the will to fly the plane knowing that it can fail at any moment - even though I really really love and appreciate it. By the way, is the a300 that is about to be released have the same system coding? Will it also be prone to this behaivour?

• 4 weeks later...

Just had this same issue with the a300. KJFK - KLAX descending via ANJLL4 @ ~FL240. Freeze occurred after activating the secondary flight plan (which was loaded with ILS25L+transition as opposed to the primary flight plan which had ILS24L+transition loaded).

The freeze didn't occur immediately after activation of the secondary flight plan, rather it happened only after a few seconds. Everything in the cockpit froze barring the EFBs (none of the preset aircraft state buttons had any effect) and external light switches (which weren't functional). All else I noticed was that the altimeter was stuck in a continuous descent from about 24,200 down to 24,000 after which it would return 24,200 and continue on an endless loop.

Flaps and landing gear doors had no animation, though flaps themselves appeared to be aerodynamically functional. Plane handled normally, throttles were functional but with a lack of animation.

Happy to provide additional information if needed.

Edited by Paraso