Engine fails to start

Flyingscotsman

I've bought the Pup, for x plane 11, but have a problem.
I set it up with engine running ticked in x-plane, and then found the chocks still on at the end of the chosen runway. The engine was running , brilliant

Came out of the game to google how to fix the problem. Read the handbook, nothing there about removing the chocks. Realised it was B, restarted X plane, 
Still ticked engine running, engine dies as soon as the aircraft loads.
I have :
Set up with a default aircraft and flown it, cancelled, set up a change of plane to bring in the Pup, the Pup engine dies.
Closed game, unticked he engine started box, tried an engine start, 8 gallons in each wing followed the pup check list, 
Battery on, press prime pump a few seconds, 1/4 throttle, select L, press start, prop turns nothing else happens, 
tried the same with R, same result
Opened game ticked start with engines running, have fuel, engine dies as it loads, Notice the battery is on this time, tried an engine start....cos it was running? , Nothing
Help, 
Beautiful looking aircraft
No worries

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Amo. Glad to see you on.

So apologies for the long response time. I've been the sole holdup on these bugs and a new patch coming out, but Dan has poked me onto this. 

So the issue here is that the aircraft will not set some of the custom parameters that we've set for the aircraft (fuel and I believe the ignition selector knob).  The aircraft will still start manually, but it is on our radar.

• 1 month later...

I bought this today and spent a lot of time trying to figure out why it wouldn't start. The lack of fuel pressure was one clue. Don't follow the manual description of starting. Instead use the Bulldog menu get the checklists up. You'll need to go through two short pages.  Follow those for starting and it will fire up without any problems. That tells you to switch the fuel pumps on - which you will find are off!

I have the same problem with the engine.   Is there a separate fuel pump in addition to the booster pump?  I used to fly these things many years ago and I can only recall the booster pump.  I have noticed that fuel pressure remains on zero, but the manifold pressure reads 29 with everything off. 

If the 'start with engine running' option the engine seems to be firing on start up, but immediately shuts down

Any help appreciated.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2020 at 6:08 AM, Flyingscotsman said:

Hi Bulldog Pilot,  Any update on how this bug fix is progressing? Tks in advance

Rode a train named after you - a long time ago.  My Bulldog had the engine faint right after loadup - tried the old 'shift control e' nothing then I noticed the fuel selector was OFF, corrected that clicked the battery and checked mags on - got a start right away.  I see by using the quote that l missed the other answers - all the same though 🙂.

Edited by olderndirt

• 1 month later...

Came back to this, been diverted by medical problem, and like others, found the Fuel selector...for some reason mixed it up with the rotary switch on the front panel, Yes it started and I did on poor landing and a much better landing after the go around.....VERY HAPPY with it, and thanks for everyone's help

A thing I've noticed - when you select start with engine(s) running, the fuel selector is on OFF so the engine quits and you instinctively go to Shft/Ctrl/E and nothing happens.  Select a fuel tank then click the master/battery switch ON.  The starter engages and the engine fires. 

• JoshF locked this topic