Systems and displays freezing

danielfall

22 minutes ago, MarcusVT said:

BTW, where can I get FCTM? It would save a lot of time here at forum

I'm afraid you're on your own with that as that is copyrighted and protected material that we cannot share whole. However, google is your friend 😉

• Like 1

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

Posted (edited)

Hi, I just encountered this issue.  The issue appears to be route specific.  In my case I was attempting to enter details for a EDDM -> LFSB flight and things hang up on a specific LFSB STAR entry.  Here's the flow that reproduces 100% of the time for me ...

Locate the aircraft at any airport - in my case I'm using the A300-600RF PW w/ the IniBuilds provided FedEx livery starting from EDDM
Cold & dark
Turn on battery power
Connect to ground power

FMS
INIT (page A)
  ROUTE: EDDM/LFSB - the from airport doesn't matter
  COST INDEX: 50
  CRZ FL: 240
  FLT ID: FDX5225

F-PLN
  Select LFSB -> STAR
    APPRS: ILSY15
    STAR: ARPU8K  <-- THIS SEEMS TO BE THE KEY SPECIFIC STAR INPUT FOR THE ISSUE TO OCCUR
  INSERT

INIT (page B)
  BLOCK: Click LSK to auto-fill
  ZFW: Click LSK to auto-fill
  ZFWCG: 27.8

Click the TO/APPR button

RESULT: Will no longer be able to interact with the FMC or many other dials; particularly, on the lower displays. Tablet and overhead panel works fine.  Aircraft itself is left in a wonky state as you can't start the APU (as one example)

Edited by dragon8
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, dragon8 said:

RESULT: Will no longer be able to interact with the FMC or many other dials; particularly, on the lower displays. Tablet and overhead panel works fine.  Aircraft itself is left in a wonky state as you can't start the APU (as one example)

Thanks for your detailed report. Has been logged for further testing.

Yes the result sounds like a WASM crash, hence why certain systems are now INOP/unresponsive. Unfortunately though we haven't been able to reach the same result internally yet, having tried multiple times, across variants (PW F/PAX, GE F/PAX). Here's a video of one such attempt in N744FD (Fedex PW F) at EDDM:

If there were any WASM crashes, it would have showed up in the Dev Mode Console Window on top left immediately with a warning in red. However as you can see after doing this process, none happened and all systems can be interacted with without issues.

Do let me know if something was missed in this process however.

Thanks!

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

I had this same issue when doing a go around at NZQN, all systems were frozen but only visually, I still had control of the aircraft but could only see my telemetry using navigraph. I am on SU15, with the latest airac data and have the asobo scenery for queenstown. 

3 minutes ago, tillwyler said:

I had this same issue when doing a go around at NZQN, all systems were frozen but only visually, I still had control of the aircraft but could only see my telemetry using navigraph. I am on SU15, with the latest airac data and have the asobo scenery for queenstown. 

Apologies, forgot to add some info and couldn’t edit my comment for some reason. 

I had this same issue when doing a go around at NZQN in the A320N V2.

Approach was the RNAV RWY 23

All systems were frozen but only visually, I still had control of the aircraft but could only see my telemetry using navigraph. I am on SU15, with the latest airac data and have the asobo scenery for queenstown. 

I've had this exact thing occur to me 2 times now, both on VATSIM, requiring me to disconnect before losing control of the aircraft.

NOTHING in the cockpit is responsive. None of the turn knobs, buttons etc. There's no way to interact with the aircraft inside the cockpit. Meanwhile the sim is NOT frozen, and I can still make basic control inputs with the keyboard and get the aircraft to roll and pitch, but none of the displays are updated to reflect attitude changes, so it becomes impossible to fly IFR. The FMC also remained frozen.

BOTH events followed immediately after I tried inputting a change of waypoint or altitude to an active leg in the FMC.

Can we get a response from the devs?

Edited by unhinged_aviator

Just happened to me right now. I was on an approach to KMCO, deleted a "hold" that was published on the RNAV approach for 36L (EXBAN) and all of a sudden all my displays and MCP knobs became unresponsive. Couldn't change map mode on the ND, range, etc.