Systems and displays freezing

danielfall

22 minutes ago, MarcusVT said:

BTW, where can I get FCTM? It would save a lot of time here at forum

I'm afraid you're on your own with that as that is copyrighted and protected material that we cannot share whole. However, google is your friend 😉

• Like 1

Vrishabh Sehgal ( @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

Posted (edited)

Hi, I just encountered this issue.  The issue appears to be route specific.  In my case I was attempting to enter details for a EDDM -> LFSB flight and things hang up on a specific LFSB STAR entry.  Here's the flow that reproduces 100% of the time for me ...

Locate the aircraft at any airport - in my case I'm using the A300-600RF PW w/ the IniBuilds provided FedEx livery starting from EDDM
Cold & dark
Turn on battery power
Connect to ground power

FMS
INIT (page A)
  ROUTE: EDDM/LFSB - the from airport doesn't matter
  COST INDEX: 50
  CRZ FL: 240
  FLT ID: FDX5225

F-PLN
  Select LFSB -> STAR
    APPRS: ILSY15
    STAR: ARPU8K  <-- THIS SEEMS TO BE THE KEY SPECIFIC STAR INPUT FOR THE ISSUE TO OCCUR
  INSERT

INIT (page B)
  BLOCK: Click LSK to auto-fill
  ZFW: Click LSK to auto-fill
  ZFWCG: 27.8

Click the TO/APPR button

RESULT: Will no longer be able to interact with the FMC or many other dials; particularly, on the lower displays. Tablet and overhead panel works fine.  Aircraft itself is left in a wonky state as you can't start the APU (as one example)

Edited by dragon8
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, dragon8 said:

RESULT: Will no longer be able to interact with the FMC or many other dials; particularly, on the lower displays. Tablet and overhead panel works fine.  Aircraft itself is left in a wonky state as you can't start the APU (as one example)

Thanks for your detailed report. Has been logged for further testing.

Yes the result sounds like a WASM crash, hence why certain systems are now INOP/unresponsive. Unfortunately though we haven't been able to reach the same result internally yet, having tried multiple times, across variants (PW F/PAX, GE F/PAX). Here's a video of one such attempt in N744FD (Fedex PW F) at EDDM:

If there were any WASM crashes, it would have showed up in the Dev Mode Console Window on top left immediately with a warning in red. However as you can see after doing this process, none happened and all systems can be interacted with without issues.

Do let me know if something was missed in this process however.

Thanks!

I had this same issue when doing a go around at NZQN, all systems were frozen but only visually, I still had control of the aircraft but could only see my telemetry using navigraph. I am on SU15, with the latest airac data and have the asobo scenery for queenstown. 

3 minutes ago, tillwyler said:

I had this same issue when doing a go around at NZQN, all systems were frozen but only visually, I still had control of the aircraft but could only see my telemetry using navigraph. I am on SU15, with the latest airac data and have the asobo scenery for queenstown. 

Apologies, forgot to add some info and couldn’t edit my comment for some reason. 

I had this same issue when doing a go around at NZQN in the A320N V2.

Approach was the RNAV RWY 23

All systems were frozen but only visually, I still had control of the aircraft but could only see my telemetry using navigraph. I am on SU15, with the latest airac data and have the asobo scenery for queenstown. 

I've had this exact thing occur to me 2 times now, both on VATSIM, requiring me to disconnect before losing control of the aircraft.

NOTHING in the cockpit is responsive. None of the turn knobs, buttons etc. There's no way to interact with the aircraft inside the cockpit. Meanwhile the sim is NOT frozen, and I can still make basic control inputs with the keyboard and get the aircraft to roll and pitch, but none of the displays are updated to reflect attitude changes, so it becomes impossible to fly IFR. The FMC also remained frozen.

BOTH events followed immediately after I tried inputting a change of waypoint or altitude to an active leg in the FMC.

Can we get a response from the devs?

Edited by unhinged_aviator

Just happened to me right now. I was on an approach to KMCO, deleted a "hold" that was published on the RNAV approach for 36L (EXBAN) and all of a sudden all my displays and MCP knobs became unresponsive. Couldn't change map mode on the ND, range, etc.

I had the same today. I was flying towards KPHX and selected PINNG1 STAR to KPHX rwy 26, HOTTT transition. I did my standard check with PLAN display and noticed that the final intercept course was messed up, so I tried to manipulate some waypoints on the FMC to make the approach flyable. Everything froze including the FMC, PFD, HSI, most instruments etc.

As others have stated the aircraft is still flyable so I was able to fly the descent and land manually, but I couldn't even shut down engines when parked.

That needs to be addressed. Don't want it to happen during a long flight.

...and I was just able to reproduce the issue by following the below procedure:

Fly from MMMX to KPHX using the following flightplan: MMMX/23L N0461F340 ATUR2B ATURO UT134 ZCL UT10 SETRO UT12 VYLLA DCT TUS DCT HOTTT PINNG1 KPHX/26

Select arrival procedures - KPHX ILS26, STAR: PINNG1, HOTTT transition, CERUN

Check PLAN display and you will see arrival is not straight in approach. While flying between HOTTT and PINNG, start deleting waypoints between PUKRE and CERUN so you can go directly from PUKRE to CERUN. By the time you're about to delete the discontinuity, everything freezes.

Edited by Mike Papa

So what's the status of this? I was almost to the end of my flight when this stupid bug popped up again.

Really, really unacceptable that this has been allowed to go on this long.

As explained on discord and on the other posts.

There is an upcoming update that will hopefully address more of these WASM crashes. It is currently under testing and the reports have been positive so far from the testers. So please do try with that update and report back. It is an ongoing process.

On 7/1/2024 at 12:24 PM, LukeFF said:

Really, really unacceptable that this has been allowed to go on this long.

That being said, I'll repeat the response I gave to this exact statement on the discord: 

Its a WASM crash. There are innumerable reasons for which it can crash - a lot of which are not even related to our code specifically. 

It is just as frustrating to the dev team as it is to you users as they're hard to repo in a lot of the cases because they are highly specific to each client's compilation/execution of the WASM module. And even that same client may fail once, but not the other because of the "random" nature of how WASM code is executed by the sim each session (to do with how its accessed and stored in memory).

We do try, and the upcoming update should address stability based on testing so far, but at the end of the day, we can never guarantee it won't happen just because of the way it works in the sim. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2024 at 8:13 AM, richboy2307 said:

There is an upcoming update

Hello dear,

any indication of the ETA on this update? Sorry if it has been discussed before.

Kind regards

5 hours ago, Mike Papa said:

any indication of the ETA on this update? Sorry if it has been discussed before.

Can't give an ETA I'm afraid, but it shouldn't be too long now, it is under another (hopefully final) testing round with beta testers. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As of version 1.1.2, I am experiencing a total system freeze. This happened while setting a flight from KSDF to KMEM with KLIT as alternate. When trying to insert the STAR for the alternate (KLIT), the aircraft systems freeze and are unrecoverable.

I tried multiple combinations - apparently the crash happens everytime I try to insert a STAR of an alternate.

So the steps to multiply are:

Enter flightplan in INIT page (XXXX/YYYY)

Add alternate in INIT page (ZZZZ)

On F-PLN page, select the alternate (ZZZZ)

Select any STAR/runway, and select *insert

FMC screen turns blank and whole aircraft is frozen.

• Like 1

Posted from discord….

Hi all. Just bought the A300. Took my time following all the correct steps, got airborne out of EGNT for LCPH and in the climb everything was fine, the only thing I can think of is I turned on Engine Anti Ice. At some point after that all my screens froze, aircraft still flying but nothing updating properly.  Had to abandon my flight.  At the same time the autopilot started to wallow (was passing FL240ish) and very slowly descend (50fpm) but the VSI was showing the climb at the rate when the crash happened (approx 1200fpm).

On 7/20/2024 at 5:25 AM, berkkp said:

When trying to insert the STAR for the alternate (KLIT), the aircraft systems freeze and are unrecoverable.

Hi @berkkp

Team is aware and looking into this. Making any amendments to an ALTN airport will cause a WASM crash in the current build. It was working fine during the beta tests, but somehow seems to be causing issues in the Public build currently. 

We'll push an update for this once sorted. Apologies for any inconvenience.

• Like 1

For everyone on this thread. After updating, we highly recommend you clear all the contents of the folder listed below. All files will be re-generated next time you launch the A300 (compiles separately for each variant).

This is to ensure that all files used are generated/compiled under the new WASM of v1.1.2 only.

Steam Version:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\inibuilds-aircraft-a300-600

MS Store Version:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Packages\inibuilds-aircraft-a300-600 

Thanks!

Good day. I have purchased A300 a week ago, so the 1st install was of the latest update. I have done 5 flights within Greece. On the latest one, from Rhodes to Thessaloniki, on approach to Thessaloniki, the panel froze and while engines were running and the aircraft was flying, I was able to move it, but could not increase power and while the altimeter was turning, it was stuck at 19.000ft.

I did delete all the files mentioned in the above folders and will redo a flight to check if it is related to the airport / scenery.

Same problem here. Anything to do with EGGU (London Luton Airport) seems to be causing all the systems to crash. Only default scenerie installed. I have a totally fresh install. 

On 7/27/2024 at 7:28 PM, marinosk said:

I did delete all the files mentioned in the above folders and will redo a flight to check if it is related to the airport / scenery.

Thanks. If the issue happens occasionally, and is not reliably reproduced by following the same actions, then it is most likely a WASM Crash caused by the "memory allocation" bug.

These seemingly "random" memory allocation WASM crashes happen when the sim tries to reserve memory it does not have access to, and as a result crashes WASM. This is a core sim issue and can affect any addon using WASM.

On 7/27/2024 at 8:16 PM, James42 said:

Same problem here. Anything to do with EGGU (London Luton Airport) seems to be causing all the systems to crash. Only default scenerie installed. I have a totally fresh install. 

I have personally done over 11 flights a300 flights in total, into and out of inibuilds and default EGGW, with and without navigraph navdata during testing without any reliable crashes. So I doubt it is related to that. However if you are getting any crash that is reliably reproduced by doing the same actions each time, then please report below along with those actions so we can investigate further.

Otherwise, its likely a random WASM crash owing to memory allocation bug which we cannot address unfortunately. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Just to add to this thread, just had the same thing happen to me. FMC went blank and then all systems unresponsive.

In my case it was caused when I attempted to divert to my alternate (EBBR). I clicked EBBR at the end of my flightplan, selected my approach and then hit the insert button and that is when the freeze happened.

Using the latest version of the A300F (GE), latest nav data from Navigraph.

Hello this issue is just happened to me too.

OMAA-OOMS flight, after passing 10.000ft in the approach phase, the system and FMS became frozen and un-responsive and i had to cancel my flight.

Using the latest version of the A300 (GE), and last AIRAC from Navigraph

Edited by FoRnA88