Question about gear wear and tear

vaudes

Hey there,
I read that a normal cycle to change gear is 200-300 landings, and reach the moment where gear appears to be yellow on the maintenance screen on the tablet, but I am only around 25 landings, with a average -250fpm.
Is it normal?
Thanks.
Happy landings

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Nico, my post was to point that maybe the yellow figures should be reviewed to higher no? Red should be around 200, and yellow after 150 landings, considering that landings are normals.
It is just a suggestion and not a big deal at all.

On 2/17/2024 at 5:33 PM, Nico - Gumby said:

You wouldn't change the wheels when they are only "yellow" in the real world.

But more likely then not it is down to the specific airline anyways and you wont really find a setting that pleases everyone 😅

From what I have read and have seen in my experience, the tire wear rate is exaggerated right now. After about 10(!) landings my tires were already in the red zone, and it's not as if I'd had any hard landings in that process. Perhaps with "normal" usage the tires should be in the green up to about 33 landings, yellow after 66, and red after 100?

Hmm...it might be worth it then to make that more clear on the store page, as it says: "Custom maintenance functions: Engine oil levels, APU oil level, Hydraulic fluid level, wheel brake wear and tire wear." That makes it sound like it's more than just visual, and I know all along people on various sites have been under the impression that it physically changes the performance of the plane.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Really?

That's quite disappointing... I understand that this might be one of the often talked about limitations of the platform. Still, I rewatched inibuilds video prior to release where they explained the maintenance features.

While they didn't explicitely state that not changing the tyres or brakes will eventually lead to these systems failing, by how it was phrased ("giving you a reason to do maintenance") I was still under the impression that you had to do maintenance in order to prevent that. Also, otherwise why would you have to enable these features in the first place if it's just visual effects?

I still like the a300 a lot, but slowly the paints coming off in certain places...

Edited by B320Max8

Yes, at this point, what is the purpose of the wear and tear if I can just slam the plane onto the runway and use the maximum braking possible every time, and there is no negative consequence?