Freeze or CTD when loading the A300

Skauber

Hi! I have seen others reporting this, I wanted to know if there is any progress on figuring out what is causing this?

In my case, if I go to the location "%APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages" and delete the folder "inibuilds-aircraft-a300-600", it has a better chance in loading the airplane, but it will still CTD sometimes. 

My system is AMD 5800X3D, Radeon 6800XT and 64GB 3600MHz ram. I tried to deactivate everything in the exe.xml file except FSUIPC, and I haven't been able to find a pattern on which airport or livery, or cargo vs pax version on the issue. Once it loads, it has been working fine with no issues after. No other airplane or addon is causing any issue with loading in to flight. For more info on what is normally running with the sim, I will post my exe.xml below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
    <Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Aerosoft VDGS Driver</Name>
        <Path>F:\Installed\MSFS\Community\aerosoft-vdgs-driver\aerosoft-vdgs-driver.exe</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>FenixA320</Name>
        <Path>C:\Program Files\FenixSim A320\deps\FenixBootstrapper.exe</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Fenix2GSX</Name>
        <Disabled>false</Disabled>
        <Path>F:\Fenix2GSX\Fenix2GSX.exe</Path>
        <CommandLine>-path "F:\Fenix2GSX\"</CommandLine>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Couatl</Name>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl64\couatl64_MSFS.exe</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>MDClient</Name>
        <Path>C:\Users\larsr\OneDrive\Documents\Maddog X Files\MSFS 2020\MDClient\MDClient.exe</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Name>TDS Sim Software GTNXi Gauge Integration</Name>
        <Path>C:\ProgramData\TDS\GTNXi\FlightSimEXE\TDSGTNXiFlightSimEXE.exe</Path>
        <CommandLine>-FSIntegration</CommandLine>
        <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>noolaero-module-vdgs</Name>
        <Path>F:\Installed\MSFS\Community\noolaero-module-vdgs\Binaries\vdgs-util.exe</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Name>FSUIPC7</Name>
        <Path>C:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe</Path>
        <CommandLine>-auto</CommandLine>
        <NewConsole>False</NewConsole>
    </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Great, hope it will be fixed. I did notice in a different that there were some problems logging the issue on your systems, so if there is anything I can help in logging or potential fixes to test I would be happy to help. It has been happening quite consistently here since installing the airplane. 

• Thanks 1

I had a few CTD when starting the sim after having chosen the aircraft and airport to spawn from. I have noticed that these CTD occur when I have installed a new livery that was not present before or I have modified (i.e. added cargo livery to the pellets or similar). When I do the changes or additions I mentioned before, before starting the sim, I delete the data cache (which is not enabled anyway) and have not had CTD since I've done this. A similar thing occurs with the A310 and does not happen with other aircraft in MSFS. Is it possible that there is a cache of sorts for the aircraft, so it loads more efficiently in MSFS?. If you recall, in P3D it was required to sometimes "clear the shader cache" to stop these sorts of CTD. Does MSFS have a similar thing that is creating a conflict with the inibuilds A310/A300 aircraft?. Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had CTD's with the A300 for about a week now. Usually on loading the A300 where the start-up page just stopped loading, sometimes a real crash to the desktop. Today it froze on me when I tried to change the weight AFTER calculating the performance. MSFS was running ok, but the A300 was frozen. This is very annoying as I like this add-on a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2024 at 8:04 AM, lehbird said:

Any update on this? CTD upon loading virtually every time. The only thing that SOETIMES works is if I load default MSFS AC first, then reload the A300. 

We are testing an update currently that hopes to resolve a number of issues, including this one. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have the same problem (CTD almost every time when loading the A300 as the first aircraft after MSFS was started) - even with the new PW version (clean install).

Kind regards
Stefan

This happens to me every time!

If I choose the A300 from the menu on first boot then FS CTD. I then restart the sim and select the same aircraft and it boots in fine. This is so frustrating so I hope the fix will come very soon.

Regards

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Inibuilds -- any update on this? I'm seeing more and more posts about CTD every time people try to load A306 into the sim.

I've never experienced this until 1.1.1 and now it's happening constantly.

I just had it CTD 2 times and once total cockpit freeze after using the mcdu... this is becoming a real pain.. this should have been fixed a long time ago.