ZFWCG

Rene Feijen

Since last update I can fill all INIT B fields automatically, except for the ZFWCG. I cant see this number on the performance page of the tablet, only MWCG. I just put in 30%, but is there a way to determine the realistic number?

13900K@5.6GHZ | RTX4090 | 32GB | DDR5 | Honeycomb A B | Virpil Stick Collective | TPR pedals | Saitek Panels | X Touch Mini  | Varjo Aero | Wacom Tablet | 34" Monitor | JBL LX44 speakers | SPAD.next | Navigraph | Skydemon

I dont see a ZFWCFG I see MACZFW MACCGW and GWCG on the performance page. One is the same?

Edited by Rene Feijen

13900K@5.6GHZ | RTX4090 | 32GB | DDR5 | Honeycomb A B | Virpil Stick Collective | TPR pedals | Saitek Panels | X Touch Mini  | Varjo Aero | Wacom Tablet | 34" Monitor | JBL LX44 speakers | SPAD.next | Navigraph | Skydemon

@Nico - Gumby, it would be nice if terms like this were spelled out in plain English on the EFB - along with other things like the METARs. By comparison, the EFB on the FBW A320 is far easier to quickly read and understand what you are looking at.

I read in the A310 FMS Pilot's Guide:

CG is displayed as a % of MAC [?] with a default value of 25%. If a trim tank is not fitted the field displays GWCG. With a trim tank it displays ZFWCG. Entry is mandatory to initialize the trim tank computer.

I guess I will use indeed MACZFW.

PS A guess: MAC = moment of aircraft?

Edited by Rene Feijen

MAC: Mean Aerodynamic Chord (the average wing chord). To make it very simple, it's like the COG (Center Of Gravity) but reported in reference of the mean wing chord instead of the fuselage in reference to the firewall for light aircraft. I'm just making it very basic here.

Edited by Alexair
  • Like 1
  • iniBuilds 1

9 hours ago, Alexair said:

If you want more details, have a look here: https://skybrary.aero/articles/mean-aerodynamic-chord-mac

Thanks, nice to know, I have just started part 4 of my RPL MLA theoretical lessons, about Aircraft Aerodynamics and Performance.

• Like 1