A310-300 T/C & T/D markers aren't displayed

SimFlyer384

Hello everyone, I'm starting to acquaint myself with the A310 and its a fantastic aircraft. I took my first fight from one of the Caribbean Islands to JFK. During the flight I noticed that in the navigation display the T/C & T/D markers where not being displayed, however they were indicated in the FMS computer. The aircraft was following all the waypoints without issues, but when it came to the T/D what I did to compensate for the lack of the T\D marker I carefully paid attention to the FMS as it got closer to the T\D at that point I initiated the required lvl change in order to begin descending. At this point I'm not sure what I'm doing incorrectly or if I need to enter some other data. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I took a another flight today from KCLT To KJFK and I included a pic. The TOD should be right after the LYH waypoint. As you can see it doesn't appear. I've flown this route dozens of times on other aircrafts such as the a320 &737 and never failed to see the TOD maker. I do understand that this is a totally different older aircraft, but still the TOD marker should be there regardless the ND did show the TOC so I don't have a clue why the TOD s not showing.  Today I tried to initiate a descent , since my ND didn't display the TOD what I did was look at the MCDU flight plan page and observe the point at which T/D came up, I then adjusted the alt dial to the ILS capture fix for the arrival runway. Next I pull the knob which from reading up on the Inibuilds a310 is supposed to trigger the descent once the TOD is achieved. The TOD came and went and no trigger. So I'm guessing that it may be important to have the marker displayed in order to properly trigger a descent. Here's the strange part. after about a minute where it was supposed to start descending it finally initiated a descent, but unfortunately the descent initiated rather late in the descent profile I was way too high for my final approach. Please let me know if this is the correct procedure to start the descent I've been watching dozens of YouTube videos on how to fly this aircraft and what I learned in the videos is unfortunately not working for me. I really, really like this aircraft, and its frustrating that this is occurring.  Please any suggestion or other things to try would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You 🙂

InibuildsA310.jpg

I didn't get a chance to  take a pic of the FMS screen, but it did show the T/D. However here's something strange, today I basically took the same flight again from KJFK to KCLT but this time I used one of the default a310, the one with the promotional livery where the a310 has the huge a310 number on the tail. This particular aircraft worked perfectly the T/D actually displayed on the ND they way its supposed to. I couldn't believe this so I took the same flight two more times and again it work perfectly. The issue I was having was with the a310 using the retro American Airlines livery. Now I for the life of me don't know if this actually made a difference. I'm guessing it shouldn't have but it did. I'm at a lost with why this should work with the stock a310. I'll try and go back to the retro AAL livery and try and see if that issue resurfaces again.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same issue. Being very carefull to totally DIFRIPS the FMS but TOC and TOD markers do not appear on my MFD while they are in the FPLAN page. This indeed also leads to not triggering a descent (set new alt, pull alt button to set, keep in profile mode).

I'm a bit at a loss here. What can we do to find a solution?

p.s. I dont want to hijack another flyer's topic, so if a new topic should be opened on my end, also let me know.

Edited by DutchDriverPilot