Parking Brake Accu. Press. PB behavior

Ithendyr

Hi,

The PRK BRK ACCU PRESS pushbutton doesn't have the correct behavior based on the FCOM.

It's a Press/Release normaly but on the IniBuilds A310, the interaction is a ON/OFF. Below you can find a gif to show the comportement. In addition you can find a screen capture of the concerned parts in the FCOM.

A310LdgGear_dn.gif.d91a726bb99f5c06b15f73a0e60eff5b.gif

979066637_2022-11-2518_39_15-A310-Hydraulic_System.pdf-AdobeAcrobatPro(64-bit).thumb.png.b89670f9d1b755846a62ad61571df5a5.png

534394358_2022-11-2518_37_55-A310-Hydraulic_System.pdf-AdobeAcrobatPro(64-bit).thumb.png.c32ce76c6af917d905d4fb3b6aeab486.png

Cordialy.

I could not add this as the topic is locked, however the previous request is wrong.  The PB switch in the cockpit is not ON/OFF, it causes the pump to run and then shut off after a 10 second delay.  Same system as the cargo doors when the open or close.  See below:

image.png.c4d81265e771dd603d3f0027729e406e.png

As you can see in the highlighted section, actuation of that switch or the forward or aft cargo doors causes the yellow electric pump to run.  When the cockpit switch or the cargo doors switches are released, the pump runs for 10 seconds until the 36GX relay closes (TDO10S = TIME DELAY OPENING, 10 SECONDS).  In the case of either of the 3 switches being activated, the pump running charges the brake accumulator, but actuation of the pump from those switches pressurizes a different part of the yellow HP manifold, therefore most of the yellow hydraulic system is still not pressurized, just the parts to the parking brake accumulator and the cargo doors.  The same is for the A300.

Edited by Aburek
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Aburek said:

I could not add this as the topic is locked, however the previous request is wrong.  The PB switch in the cockpit is not ON/OFF, it causes the pump to run and then shut off after a 10 second delay.  Same system as the cargo doors when the open or close.  See below:

As you can see in the highlighted section, actuation of that switch or the forward or aft cargo doors causes the yellow electric pump to run.  When the cockpit switch or the cargo doors switches are released, the pump runs for 10 seconds until the 36GX relay closes (TDO10S = TIME DELAY OPENING, 10 SECONDS).  In the case of either of the 3 switches being activated, the pump running charges the brake accumulator, but actuation of the pump from those switches pressurizes a different part of the yellow HP manifold, therefore most of the yellow hydraulic system is still not pressurized, just the parts to the parking brake accumulator and the cargo doors.  The same is for the A300.

If I understand you correctly, our current way is still wrong though, as we turn the Pump Off again, with another press; this also shouldn´t happen, correct?

Yes pushing the button will activate the pump for as long as you hold it.  Releasing it will cause the pump to shut off 10 seconds after it is released.  Like I said previously, this isnt used that often (mostly for the crews during their preflight alt brake check) because the cargo doors do most of the recharging.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aburek said:

Yes pushing the button will activate the pump for as long as you hold it.  Releasing it will cause the pump to shut off 10 seconds after it is released.  Like I said previously, this isnt used that often (mostly for the crews during their preflight alt brake check) because the cargo doors do most of the recharging.

Gotcha, thanks 🙂

7 hours ago, Aburek said:

Thanks for the information. I've tested and the pump still ON and turn OFF immediatly after release.

Where to find this document please ? It's an official feature or a work in progress ?

Edited by Ithendyr

EDIT: (because i was bocked to edition...)

Yes, i've understand. I'm just asking of the source of the document.

It's look like a draft so i'm ligitimaly asking for the source of the document and want to know if the feature he talk about is officialy implemented on A310 series or it stayed on the paper or few prototypes.

• Like 1