EGLL London Heathrow- Double Taxi Lines, Gate Lines and Runway Markings

OliveBeast20441

Hello,

I downloaded the latest version of the London Heathrow airport (see photo 1.jpg). The default EGLL airport from Asobo (asobo-airport-egll-heathrow) was uninstalled, as per another topic that I read on this forum. However, I continue to see double taxi lines, gate lines and runway markings (see photos 2 and 3.jpg). The aircraft line up with the default Asobo gate lines when selected from the World menu. I am running MSFS2020 1.26.5.0 on a Windows 10 OS.

Can you please provide detailed instructions on how to eliminate this issue?

Thank you,

Mark

1.thumb.jpg.56bf815d56c3f9279ae79348898fbd60.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.25b3a9fedae90c5e00c5c8452e53416a.jpg2.thumb.jpg.8a6c8c53df18a4226591bbe99d2487ae.jpg

Edited by OliveBeast20441

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you are referring to.

The only airport reference to Heathrow that I see on my PC was deleted - "asobo-airport-egll-heathrow". The INIScene Heathrow airport was installed via the Marketplace and that is where the conflict began.

If you have a folder location for this original EGLL airport, please let me know. I cannot find it.

Hello,

My flight simulator folder is located in the root directory of my C drive (C:\MSFS2020) and not in the usual default location, so maybe this does not sit well with your scenery.

I did find and delete the files and folders you requested, (which were rebuilt by the sim at the next start), but the issue is still present.

I will revert back to the default EGLL scenery from MS and simply carry on for now.

6 hours ago, OliveBeast20441 said:

Hello,

My flight simulator folder is located in the root directory of my C drive (C:\MSFS2020) and not in the usual default location, so maybe this does not sit well with your scenery.

I did find and delete the files and folders you requested, (which were rebuilt by the sim at the next start), but the issue is still present.

I will revert back to the default EGLL scenery from MS and simply carry on for now.

Hi there, 

If you wouldn't mind just trying two more steps for me, I think we can sort this out.

If you attempt to uninstall the default Asobo airports by deleting the folder; they'll be reinstalled on the next sim launch. To uninstall them and not have them reinstalled; you need to do the following steps:

1 - Go to your Profile at the MSFS home screen.

2 - Select Content Manager.

3 - Search "EGLL" in the search bar.

This will then either bring up the airport directly, at which point you can click it, the click delete in the bottom right corner.

If it instead shows you the premium deluxe upgrade (which EGLL was included with); you need to click that item, then an icon with 3 dots and 3 lines should appear next to it. Clicking that will list everything included with that upgrade; including EGLL. You can then delete it from there following the step above.

Finally, for good measure; clear your rolling cache. Options > General > Data > Delete Rolling Cache File

Please do try these at your earliest convenience and let me know the results

Hello again,

OK, here are the troubleshooting steps, carried out in order:

1. Deleted the Asobo EGLL airport as requested by lowpolybutt, (which BTW was carried out in my first post) and installed the INIScene EGLL airport - no effect.

2. Deleted the rolling cache, as requested above - no effect.

3. Deleted the LVFR Static Aircraft addon - succcess!

4. Re-installed the Deluxe Premium EGLL airport (without the LVFR Static Aircraft addon) to see if the problem would return and it did. 

So, in conclusion, the Deluxe Premium EGLL airport and the LVFR Static Aircraft were contributors to the issue. I have since uninstalled both and the issue is resolved. My thanks to AndyM and lowpolybutt for their suggestions. It is a shame to give up the static aircraft, but I would prefer that rather than giving up the INIScene EGLL airport. 

Best regards,

Mark

22 hours ago, OliveBeast20441 said:

Hello again,

OK, here are the troubleshooting steps, carried out in order:

1. Deleted the Asobo EGLL airport as requested by lowpolybutt, (which BTW was carried out in my first post) and installed the INIScene EGLL airport - no effect.

2. Deleted the rolling cache, as requested above - no effect.

3. Deleted the LVFR Static Aircraft addon - succcess!

4. Re-installed the Deluxe Premium EGLL airport (without the LVFR Static Aircraft addon) to see if the problem would return and it did. 

So, in conclusion, the Deluxe Premium EGLL airport and the LVFR Static Aircraft were contributors to the issue. I have since uninstalled both and the issue is resolved. My thanks to AndyM and lowpolybutt for their suggestions. It is a shame to give up the static aircraft, but I would prefer that rather than giving up the INIScene EGLL airport. 

Best regards,

Mark

Glad you got it sorted, there is a post on the LVFR forum regarding static aircraft. May be worth trying this to see if you have the same issue.

Static Problem for Iniscene EGLL -LatinVFR forums

Edited by AndyM

• Sam locked this topic