September 17Sep 17 This is not a bug or issue report it is more of an observation and a suggestion for improvement:First of all I like that we now finally get an Aircraft from Ini that has a dynamic failure setting and we don't have to pick ourselves what fails when like we have to on the A350 (hopefully this will carry over to V2?)However the likelíhood of something going wrong is hugely exaggerated. I assume this was done to prevent support tickets from people complaining that despite them setting everything to dynmaic, nothing ever happens.After all in reality failures, especially bigger ones like engine failures, are very, very rare and a simmer who does fly only a fraction of the flighthours that a real pilot does on the type would probably never experience any ever.But however your system calculates likelihood, it needs strong adjustment in my opinion. I have done only two flights, both times using the jump ahead feature, and I had something happen on each flight already.On the first it was a fuel leak on the second an engine failure.While I don't have anything against ramping up the rate at which something fails compared to real life, that is just ludicrously excessive.So I suggest you change the algorithm that calculates whether something fails and make it more believable. I can't think of a specific ratio compared to real life overall, but depending on the part of the aircraft my gut tells me it shouldn't be more than 4 times more likely. Edited September 17Sep 17 by Farlis
September 17Sep 17 I would have to agree with this, Last night I decided to turn on most of the failures to dynamic including bird strikes. My first flight after turning those options on I got a bird strike at v1. While cool it seems overly aggressive like mentioned.
September 17Sep 17 Staff 42 minutes ago, Farlis said:This is not a bug or issue report it is more of an observation and a suggestion for improvement:First of all I like that we now finally get an Aircraft from Ini that has a dynamic failure setting and we don't have to pick ourselves what fails when like we have to on the A350 (hopefully this will carry over to V2?)However the likelíhood of something going wrong is hugely exaggerated. I assume this was done to prevent support tickets from people complaining that despite them setting everything to dynmaic, nothing ever happens.After all in reality failures, especially bigger ones like engine failures, are very, very rare and a simmer who does fly only a fraction of the flighthours that a real pilot does on the type would probably never experience any ever.But however your system calculates likelihood, it needs strong adjustment in my opinion. I have done only two flights, both times using the jump ahead feature, and I had something happen on each flight already.On the first it was a fuel leak on the second an engine failure.While I don't have anything against ramping up the rate at which something fails compared to real life, that is just ludicrously excessive.So I suggest you change the algorithm that calculates whether something fails and make it more believable. I can't think of a specific ratio compared to real life overall, but depending on the part of the aircraft my gut tells me it shouldn't be more than 4 times more likely.Hi,Thanks for your detailed suggestion! Will pass along to the team for further review.Thanks again! Kyle - Community Manager iniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com
September 17Sep 17 2 hours ago, sultan.of.swing said:I would have to agree with this, Last night I decided to turn on most of the failures to dynamic including bird strikes. My first flight after turning those options on I got a bird strike at v1. While cool it seems overly aggressive like mentioned.100% agree, I turned it all on dynamic thinking it would be based off real service levels, I got 3 failures in 10 minutes... Sean (DJSean00) | Boosted Media | i7-14900K @ 5.8Ghz HT Off | MPG Z690 Carbon Wifi | G.Skill 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ | Asus STRIX-GTX4090 | 2 x Samsung 980 PRO .m2 | Corsair HX1000i | Win 11 Pro 64bit | HTC Vive, HMD Odyssey, Oculus Rift-S, Quest 3, Pimax Crystal Super, Bigscreen Beyond | Boosted Media Flight Simulator Hardware Reviews https://boostedmedia.net/flight
September 22Sep 22 This feature is something I am very much looking for in A350 v2 (assuming it will be implemented in there). But yeah I have to agree, that I'd like to see realistic probability for these faults to happen - or maybe a probability slider added so people can set something they prefer.For example, I want to create an EOSID knowing that engine might die at or after v1, but I don't want it to happen all the time.
1 hour ago1 hr We need random MBTF not just yup set it all to Dynamic and expect a few failures in your flight. That's not how I like it every other high fidelity aircraft uses MBTF or allowing you to choose your chance or number of failures (like in PMDG) that you can get during a flight.This needs to be changed ASAP
Create an account or sign in to comment