IniManager not detecting my aircraft and scenery folders on another drive

hazlamahedich

Hi, 

My root Xplane directory is in Drive D. However i have symbolic links to my Drive Z which has my Custom Scenery and Aircraft Directories. It seems that with this set up IniManager is not able to locate my scenery and aircraft folders. I tried to directly point the app to my aircraft folder but after saving it reverts back to my xplane root dirctory. Is there a way to set up IniManager to see my aircraft and scenery folder that are on another drive?

+1 Here. But mine is simpler than that.  I have my planes installed in separate folders by type and I rename those folders from default for ease of management.  XP doesn't care about names.  So my inis are in E:\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\Airliners\A306F-Inisim and E:\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\Airliners\A306P-Inisim and I guess the app is not scanning for .acf files and is looking for folders instead under root aircraft folder.  

I don't know about those linking drive issues, but just to be sure, did you consider the following, especially @matrosov (from the inimanager download page):

"In order to detect your products correctly and ensure they're kept up to date, you're required to remove your current addons that were installed manually from the iniBuilds Store and install directly through the iniManager. Going forward, you'll be able to update your products directly through the iniManager"

Edited by AntonBunk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

I have similar issue

My root Xplane directory is in Drive C. However i have symbolic links to another drive where I store some of my  Aircraft Directories.  IniManager is unable to locate aircraft folders. I tried to directly point the app to my aircraft folder but after saving it reverts back to my xplane root dirctory. Is there a way to set up IniManager to see my aircraft  that are on another drive or to recognize the symbolic links?

Otherwise, in the meantime Inimanager is  useless

So please advise and/or provide an update to Inimanager which can recognised aircraft directories through symbolic links.

Regards

I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to computers. At the moment my inibuild aircraft purchases are working just fine. Mt XP11 is not on Drive C but rather Drive E. I have no idea where this IniManager installed itself. as I can't find it. Seem like a few people are having problems with inimanager. Not sure how to proceed here.

Dave

• Administrators
On 12/11/2021 at 8:25 PM, jms said:

Hi, 

I have similar issue

My root Xplane directory is in Drive C. However i have symbolic links to another drive where I store some of my  Aircraft Directories.  IniManager is unable to locate aircraft folders. I tried to directly point the app to my aircraft folder but after saving it reverts back to my xplane root dirctory. Is there a way to set up IniManager to see my aircraft  that are on another drive or to recognize the symbolic links?

Otherwise, in the meantime Inimanager is  useless

So please advise and/or provide an update to Inimanager which can recognised aircraft directories through symbolic links.

Regards

The iniManager itself cannot set symbolic links. We're aware of an issue where the installation location resets back to default after a custom location is set. We will be pushing an update soon that will resolve this.

For the time being, you can set you custom addons folder directory within the iniManager settings and create the symbolic links manually.

To avoid having the directory reset, do not click on settings after you've entered the custom directory as this will reset it back to your X-Plane root folder.

Sam Wheeler
Senior Management | iniBuilds
inibuilds.com

• Administrators
2 hours ago, dbw said:

I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to computers. At the moment my inibuild aircraft purchases are working just fine. Mt XP11 is not on Drive C but rather Drive E. I have no idea where this IniManager installed itself. as I can't find it. Seem like a few people are having problems with inimanager. Not sure how to proceed here.

Dave

The iniManager is installed into both AppData folders (Local and Roaming). The .exe itself is located within the AppData\Local\iniManager folder, however, it should have placed a shortcut on your desktop and start menu after installation.

Sam Wheeler
inibuilds.com

• Administrators
16 hours ago, dal2654 said:

I just download the Manager program. But it cannot locate my current purchased aircraft also. I hope some one working about it cause i dont know how i could download for V2 update of A300 in future. Looking for help please.

In order to detect your products correctly and ensure they're kept up to date, you're required to remove your current addons that were installed manually from the iniBuilds Store and install directly through the iniManager. Going forward, you'll be able to update your products directly through the iniManager.

Sam Wheeler
inibuilds.com

3 hours ago, Sam said:

In order to detect your products correctly and ensure they're kept up to date, you're required to remove your current addons that were installed manually from the iniBuilds Store and install directly through the iniManager. Going forward, you'll be able to update your products directly through the iniManager.

Sorry but it not so clear for me. 

Inimanager may deteced my X-Plane root file. Which is F: X-Plane 11 in this case. (I have C drive only for Win11)

Currently A300 Installed into F:/X-Plane 11/ Aircraft/ Heavy Metal/ A300 Passenger (Or Cargo) 

Inimanger cannot locate this location. So are you telling me that , delete exist A300 file and redownload again? And is that redownload will transfer the file where i want into F file again?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, dal2654 said:

Sorry but it not so clear for me. 

Inimanager may deteced my X-Plane root file. Which is F: X-Plane 11 in this case. (I have C drive only for Win11)

Currently A300 Installed into F:/X-Plane 11/ Aircraft/ Heavy Metal/ A300 Passenger (Or Cargo) 

Inimanger cannot locate this location. So are you telling me that , delete exist A300 file and redownload again? And is that redownload will transfer the file where i want into F file again?

You'll want to delete your current A300 installation and redownload through the iniManager. Moving or renaming the A300 folder once it's installed will cause it to show as uninstalled as it won't know what you've renamed it to, so don't move or rename the folder.

Sam Wheeler
inibuilds.com

19 minutes ago, Sam said:

You'll want to delete your current A300 installation and redownload through the iniManager. Moving or renaming the A300 folder once it's installed will cause it to show as uninstalled as it won't know what you've renamed it to, so don't move or rename the folder.

Sorry but none of your recommendation did work well. It doenst locate the Exist A300, so i just give up and redownload the aircraft. So it create new file into Aircraft name Inibuilds.(Not logical at all , but whatever) Also I am owner of many Toliss products and all of them mark as not installed. So Inimanager doesnt know which product owner i am really , it is not so manage the files as named manager. 

As i customer the only thing i could say for inimanger , it is too early comes up. Need it serius upgrades. For moment it just cause a lot of confusing .  I hope you are care about our feedback.

Regards

• Administrators
1 hour ago, dal2654 said:

Sorry but none of your recommendation did work well. It doenst locate the Exist A300, so i just give up and redownload the aircraft. So it create new file into Aircraft name Inibuilds.(Not logical at all , but whatever) Also I am owner of many Toliss products and all of them mark as not installed. So Inimanager doesnt know which product owner i am really , it is not so manage the files as named manager. 

As i customer the only thing i could say for inimanger , it is too early comes up. Need it serius upgrades. For moment it just cause a lot of confusing .  I hope you are care about our feedback.

Regards

As mentioned above, the iniManager will not detect manually installed products, hence the need for a reinstall through the manager. Only ToLiss products purchased through the iniBuilds Store can be managed through the iniManager at this time.

Sam Wheeler
inibuilds.com

7 minutes ago, Sam said:

As mentioned above, the iniManager will not detect manually installed products, hence the need for a reinstall through the manager. Only ToLiss products purchased through the iniBuilds Store can be managed through the iniManager at this time.

As Perfect A300 , Inibuilds can do better , i have full trust. Thanks

On 12/2/2021 at 8:47 AM, AntonBunk said:

I don't know about those linking drive issues, but just to be sure, did you consider the following, especially @matrosov (from the inimanager download page):

"In order to detect your products correctly and ensure they're kept up to date, you're required to remove your current addons that were installed manually from the iniBuilds Store and install directly through the iniManager. Going forward, you'll be able to update your products directly through the iniManager"

So you are saying that with all those large downloads that I have already downloaded, iniBuild Manager would have to download all these large products all over again, taking up my time and resources. I believe the product needs some adjustments, I don't want to redownloads all over again, someone had to have seen this as an issue. My internet isn't fast like most, did anyone in the iniBuild took that into consideration? Also, my current install of add-ons are in specific directories in X-Plane <custom scenery> folder, why couldn't you guys give us the option to move what we already have downloaded to mark the location and identified by the iniBuild. I find that so much work for the end user and not the iniBuild Manager. I have downloaded the manager, but not using it, because of that. I am not willing to redownload all that all over again.. that's a waste of my time.

I have had the same issues as the OP, I believe. I make use of Junctions or Symbolic Links and the installer downloads but then fails to install... I've attached a screenshot of the error. I have no issues with the Orbx or FlyByWire or any other installers.

iniManager-download-issue.PNG

• Administrators
23 hours ago, jamlen said:

I have had the same issues as the OP, I believe. I make use of Junctions or Symbolic Links and the installer downloads but then fails to install... I've attached a screenshot of the error. I have no issues with the Orbx or FlyByWire or any other installers.

iniManager-download-issue.PNG

Our team is working on an update that will allow you to select any folder to install the sceneries into, and then you manually create the symbolic links. This will offer a temporary solution until we roll out full symbolic linking functionality. We appreciate your understanding.

• Like 1

Sam Wheeler
inibuilds.com

11 hours ago, Sam said:

Our team is working on an update that will allow you to select any folder to install the sceneries into, and then you manually create the symbolic links. This will offer a temporary solution until we roll out full symbolic linking functionality. We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks Sam, although I think it would be best to have an option like the Orbx installer to pick where you have your library located and if not in the main XP folder automatically symbolic link.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 5:42 PM, GeorgeBJR32 said:

So you are saying that with all those large downloads that I have already downloaded, iniBuild Manager would have to download all these large products all over again, taking up my time and resources. I believe the product needs some adjustments, I don't want to redownloads all over again, someone had to have seen this as an issue. My internet isn't fast like most, did anyone in the iniBuild took that into consideration? Also, my current install of add-ons are in specific directories in X-Plane <custom scenery> folder, why couldn't you guys give us the option to move what we already have downloaded to mark the location and identified by the iniBuild. I find that so much work for the end user and not the iniBuild Manager. I have downloaded the manager, but not using it, because of that. I am not willing to redownload all that all over again.. that's a waste of my time.

I see where you're coming from, but the way I see it it's still a vast improvement from the status quo: Up until now you were required to download full packages with every incremental update, there was no other option. So if the A300v2 gets released, if you wanted it, you would be required to redownload the full package anyway. Now you can do it as follows: All your inibuilds planes you leave as they are until the next update is released. If you would like that update you redownload the aircraft via the iniManager. From this time forward there will be no full downloads any more, hence you save bandwith. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump an old topic. I'm STILL having these problems. IniManager properly installed and updated. Doesn't read that I have several products installed, wants me to install products that have been installed through the manager. Proper root install file selected and everything, just doesn't want to talk it seems. Run on and off admin mode. Help!

15 hours ago, SkyChicken said:

Sorry to bump an old topic. I'm STILL having these problems. IniManager properly installed and updated. Doesn't read that I have several products installed, wants me to install products that have been installed through the manager. Proper root install file selected and everything, just doesn't want to talk it seems. Run on and off admin mode. Help!

Heya!

Can you please delete the iniManager folders under appdata/local and appdata/roaming, reinstall and see if the issue persists?

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2024 at 9:25 AM, jjstevens1029 said:

Nico ive done all that and the KMIA just will not stay recognized as installed but its installed. It says installed but then when I close the inimanager it says its not lol 

Was an issue with KMIA, should be fixed now, correct?