Viewing Left and Right from the cockpit - Freighter version

cconesa

Hello Inibuilds.

I have requested this modification for quite some time, and it has not been corrected thus far. Can you be so kind to modify the Left and Right views (POV L & POV R in the joystick) to actual LEFT and RIGHT views as at present using those commands in the freighter version will get you Rear Left and Rear Right (over the shoulder views). This is a small fix that has already been corrected in the pax version but remains unfixed the freighter version since v1.03. These viewpoints are necessary when flying online and entering the runway to make sure there's no other traffic on final or on the runway. Thank you.

Christian C./

Hi Christian,

Currently, Quickviews 6 & 7 are bound to look directly left and right. I will checkif we can alter the main view positions so Ctrl-L & R mirror those povs.

Thanks!

You could have done this yourself from day one and not waited on any "official" action.  It takes about 2 seconds.  Create a camera view that is to your liking then assign it as you wish.  

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

2 hours ago, IniSteve said:

Hi Christian,

Currently, Quickviews 6 & 7 are bound to look directly left and right. I will checkif we can alter the main view positions so Ctrl-L & R mirror those povs.

Thanks!

My custom views are already taken by other panel views.

I understood that this issue was resolved in the pax version but was never implemented to the cargo version. When I use the joystick, the left and right buttons get me over-the-shoulder views rather than straight left and right views. Please let me know.

Thank you.

• Like 1

+1

IniBuilds fixed the joystick hat side views for passenger versions (I have asked for that on this forum some time ago) but forgot to do that for the freighters. Joystick hat views are not the same thing as custom quickviews.

There's an alternative way to solve this problem, you can copy the CAMERAS.CFG file from the PW passenger to the PW cargo version and do the same thing with the GE engines. That solved the problem for me without affecting the installation and other views. I did do a backup of the files I replaced, just in case.

I am not in my PC to check but it is located inside the SIMOBJECTS folder found inside the inibuilds A300 folder, inside the community folder. I will edit this message later with the exact location.

Yes, you're right, Just Flight guys told me to do a similar thing for their F28 (they posted an edited cameras.cfg on their forum) before they fixed it once and for all in a following update. Problem is that we will need to do this copy procedure after every A300 update and things would just be easier if iniBuilds also fixed it for the freighter variants, not only for the passenger variants where joystick hat left/right views are set correctly.

• Like 1