No Reverse Thrust!

Del48

Like the earlier correspondent I have no Reverse Thrust now after the 1.08 update! Neither the F2 keyboard command or the the X56 button that I normally use works. As a temporary measure is there away of going back to update 1.06?

Thanks, Del

Same problem here, throttle decrement no longer puts the throttles into reverse. Is there a workaround or a quick fix planned?

Also, throttle 2 cut still puts engine 2 into the 50% position instead of 0%. Though that bug was already introduced in 1.0.6...

• Like 1

I seem to have 'muddled' my way to a solution? I've mapped a button on my controller to 'Toggle Reverse Thrust'. On touch-down I operate this and then F2 on the keyboard. To release the Reverse Thrust and get back to normal throttle operation I then have to toggle the button again. I'm certain that the latest update has altered the previous method.

Thanks Del.

Are you guys using the latest MSFS Beta build ?

Known Issues

Today’s Sim Update 15 Beta build (1.37.4.0) contains stability fixes to address sim crashes and instances of black avionics (which have been the top reported issues from the Sim Update 15 Beta). Unfortunately, while making comprehensive changes to improve these two issues, a handful of new issues were introduced:

1.37.4.0 Known Issues

Aircraft with floats are unable to take off/land on water.

- Reverse thrust is not functional on certain aircraft.

- When launching a glider, releasing the winch causes the sim to crash.

While often we would not release a build to the flight groups with such obvious issues, we need community feedback on the stability fixes as soon as possible to understand if the changes were successful or if we have more work to do. The next SU15 Beta build (planned to release to the flight groups next week) will include fixes for the above three known issues. We will not release Sim Update 15 until the above known issues are fixed.

If this significantly impacts your sim experience, as a reminder, you may leave the Sim Update 15 Beta and return to the current public build at any time by following the steps outlined here: Welcome to the Sim Update 15 Beta 9

Thank you for understanding and participating in the Sim Update 15 Beta!

cheers 😉

• Like 1

No, I do not use SU15 beta.

17 minutes ago, KaiUweWeiss said:

Yes, I use SU15 beta. After switching back to A300 1.0.5 reversers are working again like before. So I'm nor sure if the beta is responsible, otherwise 1.0.5 wouldn't work too IMHO.

How did you switch back to  A300 1.0.5?

Cheers,

Chris

12 hours ago, Crabby said:

Reason 5000 I love using Axis and Ohs.  No problems, no changes for me. 

The solution can not be to buy and use additional software to make this aircraft work!

If the other developer can do it e.g. PMDG and so on, why INI can not?

I would like to get the fix from the devs.

29 minutes ago, NavyKing1992 said:

How did you switch back to  A300 1.0.5?

From several addons I use to make a copy from the content in the communityfolder. So I did with inibuilds A300 1.05.  This version I'm using now but I hope, the problem with 1.08 will be fixed soon.

• Like 1

Very strange... yesterday evening everything was fine with 1.05. Today morning the sim asks for an update. Now I took a landing and the levers moved into reverse but the engines didn't open! I'll try 1.0.8 again, maybe it has to do something with the morning-update.

4 hours ago, NavyKing1992 said:

The solution can not be to buy and use additional software to make this aircraft work!

If the other developer can do it e.g. PMDG and so on, why INI can not?

I would like to get the fix from the devs.

Oh, remember I said this was reason 5000 I use Axis and Ohs.  There are an additional 4999 reasons.  Only one of them is I never beat my head against a door do to weird sim/addon behavior.  AAO and other things I do mean I almost never have to wait on devs or Asobo to enjoy my sim.  I like controlling my own life.  

• Like 1
Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

+1 for the additional software. I don't use AAO, but I have SPAD.neXt which performs the same functions. It takes some work to initally set them up, but once your profiles are completely set up for your hardware, it remembers what aircraft+liveries are assigned with what profiles automatically. No more manual switching of profiles withing MSFS. The ONLY thing I bind in MSFS is axes. All buttons, switches, and selectors are assigned in SPAD. 

If you can afford to shell out the $$ for high fidelity aircraft, i HIGHLY recommend you invest in something like AAO or SPAD to map all of the functions. It will save you a lot of heart-ache and frustration.

Edited by kevink817
  • Like 1

I am actually using SPAD.neXt, but it's not working either for me. I used THROTTLE1_DECR with a value of 25 to put it into idle reverse and a value of 1000 for full reverse. This used to work in 1.0.6 and does not work anymore. What binding are you guys using?