AP1 disconnects - Does anyone else have the same problem?

NavyKing1992

AP1 disconnects frequently, mostly during takeoff and landing. I can then engage AP2 which works as it should. Then I try to switch back to AP1.

Sometimes AP1 works then for a short period ....sometimes it works then for a longer period .......and sometimes it is not possible to switch back from AP2 to AP1.

Only AP2 works as it should and I use it the whole flight.

It started after one of the first updates, I am not sure which one. I thought INI is aware of it since there is one similar topic like this one. Somehow I hoped for magical fix....!

Even after v1.0.6 that issue is still there.

I can say I am an experienced simmer (since 25 years), I have even an real world technical aircraft background...  but I do not know what is going on.

Other aircraft like PMDG 737 or FlyByWire A32NX works without problems as speaking about the autopilot.

Just wanted to know if its just me having this, a simple yes or no would be great.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Chris

27 minutes ago, NavyKing1992 said:

AP1 disconnects frequently, mostly during takeoff and landing. I can then engage AP2 which works as it should. Then I try to switch back to AP1.

Sometimes AP1 works then for a short period ....sometimes it works then for a longer period .......and sometimes it is not possible to switch back from AP2 to AP1.

Only AP2 works as it should and I use it the whole flight.

It started after one of the first updates, I am not sure which one. I thought INI is aware of it since there is one similar topic like this one. Somehow I hoped for magical fix....!

Even after v1.0.6 that issue is still there.

I can say I am an experienced simmer (since 25 years), I have even an real world technical aircraft background...  but I do not know what is going on.

Other aircraft like PMDG 737 or FlyByWire A32NX works without problems as speaking about the autopilot.

Just wanted to know if its just me having this, a simple yes or no would be great.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Chris

i can confirm this! I blamed this on my force feedback yoke until now...

Edited by B320Max8

9 minutes ago, B320Max8 said:

i can confirm this! I blamed this on my force feedback yoke until now...

Thank you for the quick response.

Good to know that I am not crazy.......😉

FYI: I do not use force feedback yoke or joystick

@Nico - Gumby: Could you take a look at it.

Thanks,

Chris

4 minutes ago, NavyKing1992 said:

Thank you for the quick response.

Good to know that I am not crazy.......😉

FYI: I do not use force feedback yoke or joystick

@Nico - Gumby: Could you take a look at it.

Thanks,

Chris

i thought it was my ffb yoke, that´s why i didn´t raise this issue here

If so: turning the hdg knob also manipulates SPD. Which means:

If you decrease hdg by 90 (using the thrustmaster Boeing quadrant) it also decreases SPD by 90 which might put your speed to a value low enough to disconnect the autopilot. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Edited by B320Max8

Well, I guess you could say "it COULD be a bug". However, the dearth of people seeing this means it is probably local. 

Check all bindings.  MSFS loves to surprise you with bindings it thinks you need to have. When I say all I mean ALL.  Every profile you have in msfs from the keyboard/mouse and all of your other controllers.  I found a crazy throttle binding on my in sim profile the first time I connected my MFG Crosswind pedals.  

I am not at the sim now, but I believe there is an EFB setting for auto pilot disco sensitivity.  If you accidently bump the controls, depending on where this is set, the a/p will not disco.  Check your controls for noisy pots.  I have yet, in all the versions, to see the a/p or a/t disconnect without my express permission.  Caveat, I do not use the sim for my controllers except for views.  My profiles are all blank.  That is another story though. 

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

@Crabby:

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I should better say: "it COULD be a bug", sorry I am not a native speaker.

I checked all the bindings, they are as they should be and everything else. I do not find the cause. The problem started after one of the updates.

As I said, the A300 is the only A/C with that AP1 issue. PMDG and the "others" works good as speaking about the AP.

Anyway, the aircraft is still good to fly even with my AP1 problem. AP2 works as it should.

Cheers,

Chris

There is a bug here, but it's not what you might think😅

Your issue is most likely an issue with one of your axes (pitch, roll, or yaw) sending spurious signals to the sim and disconnecting the autopilot. After engaging AP1, any major movement of the joystick or rudder pedals turned off the autopilot straight away in my sim with the 3 chirps.

Now here is the bug: If i engage AP2, no flight control inputs are disconnecting the autopilot. Pitch and roll axes from my joystick do not seem to be registered by the aircraft by looking at the yoke/control column,  or on the F/CTL page. Yaw axes input from my rudder pedals do indeed show the rudder pedals in the aircraft moving, but there is no yaw applied to the aircraft, and on the F/CTL page, the rudder remains neutral.

The simconnect AUTOPILOT_OFF command does disconnect AP1 or AP2 whichever is enabled. The AUTOPILOT_ON command always engages AP1.

I have no problem disconnecting the AP1 or 2.  However, I use AAO and run a script that activates the disco button on the captain's yoke.  It looks like this:

1·(>K:AUTOPILOT_OFF)·(L:__CPT_AP_DISCOIsPressed,·Bool)·!·(>L:__CPT_AP_DISCOIsPressed,·Bool)

I assign that script to red button on my HC Alpha and no issues.  In fact all my controls/bindings are using AAO.  I prefer to have complete control over how I interact with the plane and not have them in MSFS where things can get mucked up.  

Another example is I have a short push of the HC Bravo auto pilot button set to AP1 On and a long push set to AP2 On.  You can't do that in the sim.  As always, I highly suggest getting AAO or SpadNext and take control of your controls.  The in sim system is too limiting for complex aircraft like the A300.  You have to choose to accept the limitations or get rid of them. 

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

On 2/13/2024 at 12:04 PM, kevink817 said:

There is a bug here, but it's not what you might think😅

Your issue is most likely an issue with one of your axes (pitch, roll, or yaw) sending spurious signals to the sim and disconnecting the autopilot. After engaging AP1, any major movement of the joystick or rudder pedals turned off the autopilot straight away in my sim with the 3 chirps.

Now here is the bug: If i engage AP2, no flight control inputs are disconnecting the autopilot. Pitch and roll axes from my joystick do not seem to be registered by the aircraft by looking at the yoke/control column,  or on the F/CTL page. Yaw axes input from my rudder pedals do indeed show the rudder pedals in the aircraft moving, but there is no yaw applied to the aircraft, and on the F/CTL page, the rudder remains neutral.

The simconnect AUTOPILOT_OFF command does disconnect AP1 or AP2 whichever is enabled. The AUTOPILOT_ON command always engages AP1.

Thanks for this, will enable that function for AP2 but also increase the activity that is needed to disconnect the AP 🙂

• Like 1