Can't see set speed in MCP (1.0.3)

Fornax

Trying to set V2 speed in MCP. I can turn the knob, but the MCP doesn't show the speed, stuck at ---. It does update speed in the MCDU though.

If I select PreSelect it shows set speed.

Same when flying, HDG mode, V/S, trying to set speed: shows ---. The speed bug changes in the ND as I turn the knob/using "set speed bug" keybind.

So it is flyable, just it won't show selected speed in MCP.

• Like 4

I just tested.  Works fine.  Did you guys align the IRS and turn on Pitch Trim, Yaw Damper, and the two ATS switches on the overhead panel?  

Screenshot 1_18_2024 9_15_39 AM.jpg

Microsoft Flight Simulator 1_18_2024 9_15_44 AM.jpg

Microsoft Flight Simulator 1_18_2024 9_15_54 AM.jpg

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

7 minutes ago, Crabby said:

I just tested.  Works fine.  Did you guys align the IRS and turn on Pitch Trim, Yaw Damper, and the two ATS switches on the overhead panel? 

Sure, worked before in 1.02 all the time during my flights.

• Like 1

Well, I did that test right after I upgraded to 1.03 using an inibuilds livery.  I guess I got nothing for this, other than to say it is working fine on my end.  

logo_130208.png

23 minutes ago, B747Fan said:

Have the same in different flights (even with sim restart). I already posted videos on the discord:

I will test this out during my flight in a bit.  I only tested the inability to set V2 as stated by the OP.  

logo_130208.png

Well, I am able to set V2(turn knob V2 speed changes, Mcp speed stuck at ---), or any speed in-flight. It just the Mcp speed indicator is stuck at ---. 

Also default iniBuilds livery FedEx.

1.03 Same here, no digits, but there was a moving blue line on the speed tape. All was good on 1.02.

Also on ILS landing I did not see the GS and LOC diamonds on the PFD, although LAND was armed as I could see blue G/S and LOC indications on the PFD and PFD to ILS display set. Autoland did not kick in though, in spite of complete landing config and correct approach speed. That was on EHGG OLWOF1 arrival and then via HECTI  ILS RWY23 approach. This also was good on 1.02.

Edited by Rene Feijen

13900K@5.6GHZ | RTX4090 | 32GB | DDR5 | Honeycomb A B | Virpil Stick Collective | TPR pedals | Saitek Panels | X Touch Mini  | Varjo Aero | Wacom Tablet | 34" Monitor | JBL LX44 speakers | SPAD.next | Navigraph | Skydemon

1 minute ago, Rene Feijen said:

1.03 Same here, no digits, but there was a moving blue line on the speed tape.

Also on ILS landing I did not see the GS and LOC diamonds on the PFD, although LAND was armed as I could see blue G/S and LOC indications on the PFD and PFD to ILS display set. Autoland did not kick in though, in spite of complete landing config and correct approach speed. That was on EHGG OLWOF1 arrival and then via HECTI  ILS RWY23 approach.

I have to ask, because I can't determine from the post.  Did you set the flight directors to ILS mode on the glareshield?

logo_130208.png

Just did a flight and noticed it . Descending in profile mode , switched to flight level change , dashes in speed window , no speed  , turning knob , still dashes in speed window but green speed bar  on PFD moves . 

12 minutes ago, Crabby said:

I have to ask, because I can't determine from the post.  Did you set the flight directors to ILS mode on the glareshield?

Yup, as always. (Now I did recycle the AP and LAND switches, but not the ILS mode selector. But... that should not be necessary in the first place). Also set on the copilot PFD and not showing the diamonds btw, as I tend to do long before I do that also on the pilot flying side.

Edited by Rene Feijen

13900K@5.6GHZ | RTX4090 | 32GB | DDR5 | Honeycomb A B | Virpil Stick Collective | TPR pedals | Saitek Panels | X Touch Mini  | Varjo Aero | Wacom Tablet | 34" Monitor | JBL LX44 speakers | SPAD.next | Navigraph | Skydemon

I dont completely mind not to be able to AUTOLAND, but I DO mind not seeing the GS and LOC diamonds.. without them I cannot fly the ILS of course.

BTW EGCC   RWY23R  KUXEM1R departure went well in PROF mode  with NAV armed and on takeoff HDG mode  273degr and I think it autoswitched to D8.0 MCT.

And EKCH LANGO2C departure also went flawless in PROF NAV mode.