A300 Broken Nav Mode

Andysus123

16 hours ago, WoodBein said:

Into Brussels via KOK8A STAR and KERRY Trans. ILS 01 AP chosses not to fly into NIVOR instead a rightern turn it chosses a leftern turn.

Screenshot 2024-01-11 170307.png

Just thinking along. The STAR ends at KERRY. Which approach did you then select? You wanted select ILS RWY01 I guess. But other approaches have you go to the left for example ILS OR LOC Z RWY25L.

13900K@5.6GHZ | RTX4090 | 32GB | DDR5 | Honeycomb A B | Virpil Stick Collective | TPR pedals | Saitek Panels | X Touch Mini  | Varjo Aero | Wacom Tablet | 34" Monitor | JBL LX44 speakers | SPAD.next | Navigraph | Skydemon

I was departing from EDDM on 26L with TURB7W on LNAV/VNAV, the plane does not follow the flight path after AP engagement, went straight over DM058, only after a ‚Direct to‘ OTT, NAV re-engaged.

I am having a similar problem with KONT departures - it never wants to pick up the correct waypoints on the RAJEE3 departure and instead I have to force it towards the waypoint I want it to go.

Just experienced this twice in a row on a departure from OMDB - RWY 30R on the ANVI7F departure. Even with NAV mode engaged, it flew straight through DB570. I gave it a DIR TO DB587 to get it back on track. It flew the rest of the SID perfectly, but after the transition ANVIX it did not turn towards the first enroute waypoint of GIDIS. I gave it another DIR TO for VAVIM, and now it seems to be following the rest of my route correctly.

For reference, here is my complete routing: OMDB/30R ANVI7F ANVIX R401 GIDIS G783 UKRAG L710 KUKDI B400 RIGAM B403 BOMIX UB403 MAV UP312 WAV WAJI1A HKJK/JOM2C.I06

Please note that after I imported the flight plan from Simbrief I selected RWY 30L that simbrief had selected for me. I later changed the runway to 30R with the same SID.

Thanks for looking into this.

5 hours ago, kevink817 said:

Just experienced this twice in a row on a departure from OMDB - RWY 30R on the ANVI7F departure. Even with NAV mode engaged, it flew straight through DB570. I gave it a DIR TO DB587 to get it back on track. It flew the rest of the SID perfectly, but after the transition ANVIX it did not turn towards the first enroute waypoint of GIDIS. I gave it another DIR TO for VAVIM, and now it seems to be following the rest of my route correctly.

For reference, here is my complete routing: OMDB/30R ANVI7F ANVIX R401 GIDIS G783 UKRAG L710 KUKDI B400 RIGAM B403 BOMIX UB403 MAV UP312 WAV WAJI1A HKJK/JOM2C.I06

Please note that after I imported the flight plan from Simbrief I selected RWY 30L that simbrief had selected for me. I later changed the runway to 30R with the same SID.

Thanks for looking into this.

Tested that and same experience on the SID. Had to handfly first waypoint but already had second one preselected DCT so then switched to NAV mode and it works fine. As Crabby (?) said, some SIDs you have to fly first a heading by hand/HDG mode if so instructed on the SID. Now I must say, on this SID it is not in the verbal description, on some SID's that is clearly the instruction. So , not sure what real life behaviour should be.

Edited by Rene Feijen

13900K@5.6GHZ | RTX4090 | 32GB | DDR5 | Honeycomb A B | Virpil Stick Collective | TPR pedals | Saitek Panels | X Touch Mini  | Varjo Aero | Wacom Tablet | 34" Monitor | JBL LX44 speakers | SPAD.next | Navigraph | Skydemon

Well, I guess I ran into something similar on departure from KGPI.  
1. Addon airport
2. I use and will continue to use Navigraph in the sim
I was on the RIDDG2 departure to RIDDG.  The plane flew the departure with zero issues on NAV.  It was at RIDDG where I saw a hiccup.  The next waypoint after RIDDG in my flight plan was ANN.  My plane crossed RIDDG without turning.  I corrected by using the direct to button.  

Now, I will say this.  ATC gave a reroute during cruise and the entry of the reroute and the plane's reaction to it was spot on.  

What I take away is that I have to stay ahead of the plane, as I would in any plane in real life.  I do not know if my use of Navigraph caused this or if it is a bug in the LNAV.  I am not going to remove Navigraph to test, so I will just monitor.  This has been the only case of weird LNAV behavior that I have seen though a couple of my buddies from the VA reported similar but spurious incidents too.  The commonality is we all use Navigraph.  

• Like 1
Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

1 hour ago, Crabby said:

Well, I guess I ran into something similar on departure from KGPI.  
1. Addon airport
2. I use and will continue to use Navigraph in the sim
I was on the RIDDG2 departure to RIDDG.  The plane flew the departure with zero issues on NAV.  It was at RIDDG where I saw a hiccup.  The next waypoint after RIDDG in my flight plan was ANN.  My plane crossed RIDDG without turning.  I corrected by using the direct to button.  

Now, I will say this.  ATC gave a reroute during cruise and the entry of the reroute and the plane's reaction to it was spot on.  

What I take away is that I have to stay ahead of the plane, as I would in any plane in real life.  I do not know if my use of Navigraph caused this or if it is a bug in the LNAV.  I am not going to remove Navigraph to test, so I will just monitor.  This has been the only case of weird LNAV behavior that I have seen though a couple of my buddies from the VA reported similar but spurious incidents too.  The commonality is we all use Navigraph.  

The use of Navigraph is interesting here. I will test without it.

2 hours ago, Rene Feijen said:

The use of Navigraph is interesting here. I will test without it.

I did one good approach without Navigraph, and then it failed again on the SID. So seems not to depend on that. Will continue testing. Maybe.

Hey Guys, not sure if this is related to the recent update but I had a similar issue. Created a flight from KCLT to KDEN. Everything was uneventful until I got the a300 up in the air and engaged the AP. Shortly after take off I notice that there was no navigation line in the Nav. Display and basically the aircraft was flying straight ahead.