Taxi Trust to high and angle of attack at low cruise

mrdyer

Hi Inibuilds,

I have noticed that at different weights including max zfw the A300 will move along and gain speed without any more than idle thrust.  Acceleration seems the same no matter the weight and it does not feel heavy during taxi.

In additon at low cruise altitudes (FL220) the aircraft levels off at a close to 0 degree nose up which seems unrealistic. 

On 1/2/2024 at 11:16 AM, mrdyer said:

I have noticed that at different weights including max zfw the A300 will move along and gain speed without any more than idle thrust.  Acceleration seems the same no matter the weight and it does not feel heavy during taxi.

Seems to be realistic to me, now to which extent ? Only a real A300-600 pilot could answer that. On my aircraft (EMB-145) at max gross weight with both engine running you need to keep pressing the brakes otherwise you keep accelerating and on one engine (usual taxi procedure), just a bit of thrust to start taxiing and there you go...

On 1/2/2024 at 11:16 AM, mrdyer said:

In additon at low cruise altitudes (FL220) the aircraft levels off at a close to 0 degree nose up which seems unrealistic.

That will depend about weight and speed, if lightly loaded and VMO, for sure you'll get 0deg. However, if fully loaded and a bit slow then you'll get some nose up.

Just my 2 cents...