ILS Autoland vears off right before landing.

Joel S

Hi!

Twice I've attempted to use Autoland using the A300-600R at ILS 22R @ iniBuilds KDTW.  Both times when about 100 AGL, plane veers off sharply to the right.  Had to disconnect autopilot and manually correct back onto the runway.  I've had this issue with the A310 and a few ILS @ iniBuilds KJFK in the past.   Any similar reports?

Thanks!  

On 12/29/2023 at 11:31 PM, Nico - Gumby said:

Would be good to know if this also happens with non iniBuilds aircraft. Depending on that I either move it to airplane or scenery team haha

Same here today at LPPT.

Autoland and the AC turns right from the RW. Without autoland evrything is ok.

Cheers

I can confirm that this issue happens only for certain ILS at various airports.  It happens for me at KJFK inibuilds as well for 2-3 ILS.  The issue is repeatable.  And I do NOT have this issue with any other plane other than A310 and A300.  Granted, I have never tried to test using the stock Asobo versions of these airports so it's possible the issue is caused by a unique combination of scenery and plane.

Can confirm too. ILS on SCEL 17R, it doesnt land centered. In this case, a few meters to the left.. but on the runway. I have done multiple ILS on that runway with other aircraft and no problem. Besides, that, the airplane is looking good!

• 3 weeks later...

I just tested with 1.0.3 update.  Same result...the Localizer slides off to the right just prior to landing when attempting an Autoland (pulling the plane to the right.  Have to disconnect AP quickly to correct and land on runway).

On 12/29/2023 at 12:00 PM, Joel S said:

Hi!

Twice I've attempted to use Autoland using the A300-600R at ILS 22R @ iniBuilds KDTW.  Both times when about 100 AGL, plane veers off sharply to the right.  Had to disconnect autopilot and manually correct back onto the runway.  I've had this issue with the A310 and a few ILS @ iniBuilds KJFK in the past.   Any similar reports?

Thanks!  

It is extremely important to know which ILS 22R approach you were flying at KDTW.

Runway 22R at KDTW has two completely independent ILS systems.

ILS-Z 22R frequency 113.4, with an inbound course of 216 degrees.

ILS-Y 22R frequency 111.75, with an inbound course of 213 degrees.

The ILS-Y localizer is offset 3 degrees from the runway centerline. ILS-Y is used when simultaneous parallel approaches are being conducted to the adjacent runway 22L.

Only CAT-I approaches are permitted when using ILS-Y. No aircraft are allowed to attempt an autoland at the real KDTW when flying the ILS-Y.

CAT II and CAT III approaches (with autoland) on KDTW 22R can only be done when flying the ILS-Z approach.

The same dual ILS-Y and ILS-Z system exists on the opposite end (04L) of this same runway.

A similar situation exists on runway 22R at KJFK, which is permanently offset 2.5 degrees to the right of the runway centerline. No autolands can be done on the real KJFK 22R - for CAT Ii and CAT III (autoland) approaches, aircraft must use runway 22L

10 minutes ago, Joel S said:

I used ILS-Z 22R  at KDTW and according to the Jeppesen chart I have, it's 111.95 and 216 degrees.  

Yes 111.95 is correct. 113.4 is the DXO VOR - I misread the chart.

If you were flying the ILS-Z it may well be a bug in the inibuilds aircraft. However, if you tried to do an autoland using ILS-Y (in any aircraft) it would not work.

I do have the inibuilds KDTW, but I have not flown there since purchasing the A300 nor (as yet) tried an autoland, but I will do so soon.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/30/2023 at 10:07 PM, johe_ini_2312 said:

I have the same issue.

Switching both autopilots on was not possible - as soon as I activated autopilot number two number one deactivated automatically in the same time...

- passenger version

make sure correct ils frequency and crs entered , switch land mode first and turn on both 1&2 AP

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar issue, I think it has something to do with low fps, I was landing in KSEA, but my FPS kept dropping hard (1fps lows), everything was set up properly, but the plane kept going off of the glideslope, my FPS dropped, and the plane fell below it, and my FPS recovered, then it pitched hard nose up, and my FPS dropped again causing a cycle.