sudden loss of control

TheFightingRaven

I was keying in a new arrival after changing runways, I created a PBD waypoint cleared a discontinuity. Right when I did that the MCDU screen flashed and I looked up and the plane was pitching up erratically. I had lost all but essential power (captain pfd was on but not much else) my control inputs did nothing. I looked outside and saw my control surfaces were all locked fully down. I could manipulate the cockpit and displays were responsive so it wasn't a WASM crash. I crashed shortly after. Josh asked for a couple of screenies so I'll attach those

https://imgur.com/a/VVvE2nK

I was passing roughly 15k at that moment on the descend on the IRNMN2 arrival for ILS25L into KLAX. As mention I created a PBD waypoint to make a continuous nav line to the runway. I loaded the plane via the tablet import from simbrief.

see the overview in the imgur link

Edited by TheFightingRaven
  • Like 1

+1 Also had this going into Copenhagen. I missed TOD forgot to input the STAR had a few issues trying to load the STAR whereby I clicked the approach type i.e. ILS22L and got `Not Allowed`, kept spamming it and it ended up working. Then when I tried to do a route direct further up the route the plane lost all electrical power and spiral dived 😄 

Edited by George Barlow

To add another data point, I just dropped out of the sky inbound the IAF.
I removed some waypoints from the STAR before departure, while still on the ground.

EBBR/25R NIK3G NIK L191 VICOT N873 BEDUM DCT JUIST N873 INSUS DCT
AMSEV P602 PIPEX M609 RIPAM RIPAM3L ENGM/01R

My modification was ROXIM DCT OGRAS.

Just some extra info to try and narrow it down:

I had the same, but WITHOUT any interaction with the MCDU.  I was cruising at FL320 somewhere in this segment:

NATEB DCT TLA DCT NIBOG DCT RESNO

I stepped away for a coffee, and heard the autopilot disconnect sound. Came back to find the afore-mentioned spiral dive.

It's possible, but I cannot guarantee, that I was passing a waypoint when this happened ( possibly TLA ?? ). So maybe something related to calculation of DCT segment?

Hi guys

Just had the dir to crash.

Route:

EGNX/27 N0461F310 DTY3N DTY M605 BENSU Q70 BIG UL9 KONAN UL607 SPI/N0445F230 T180 NIVNU T847 IMCOM IMCO1B EDDF/25L

CI 78

I had descended to about 6000ft on the approach IMCOM2B Df626 transition before the waypoint DF614 I pressed dir to DF623. Screens went blank everything turned off and she tumbled to ground.

Edited by AlecHull85

47 minutes ago, AlecHull85 said:

2nd time in happening. difference this time all i was doing was changing my approach. approach into egnx original was the dty3e changing it to the hemel1e

So, it seems it's not a DIR function problem only. Seems that every time we're editing the fpl inflight we're getting this bug.

Edited by atonium83

yeah hopefully its unflyable for on vatsim 2 flights back to back ended in same way. I am sure they'll do the best and get it done asap. they will have to recreate it first to see what is causing it and then find the fix. a lot of people are reporting it so I'm sure they are working on it as fast they can.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, iniBuilds said:

We are trying to find a direct reproducible situation - does anyone have one? 

I Could fly the exact same flight as my last flight and record it leading up to the failure. I will re produce it exactly as I did. if one of you guys could do the exact same flight and see if it happens for you?

is there anything in particular you guys need to see on my video that will help?

My flight details for the last flight was:

EDDF/25C N0452F360 OBOK3G OBOKA Z29 TORNU DCT BREDA DCT GALSO Q63 ERING L179 LAM L610 HEMEL T420 WELIN DCT EGNX/27

CI 95. 

I had removed all the waypoints after LAM on the ground at EDDF knowing that I would end up getting the HEMEL1E Star however I had actually entered the DTY1E arrival. I had been given an early decent from 36000 to 27000 by the controller just after the waypoint ERING. I then changed controller and realised my mistake as he asked me to be at 22000 by hemel so therefore I changed it the moment I pressed insert it all went dark with warning sounds going off pitch up and then nose dives tumbling to the ground. this happened just before LAM(BOURNE) literally a couple of miles before it. 

I just had the same Loss of Control after atempting to remove a discon from the FMS. Electrical power tripped, engines shut down, trim and yaw damper tripped off, and plane began to dive into the ground. After it hit the ground the plane continued to trip electrical power and glitch. Hope they can fix this!