I'm getting trash cans and bus stops in the middle of the road

rob0085

Heya!

These are not our models, please make sure you don't have any other scenery installed that could interfer with it and if you had a Honululu scenery installed previously, please delete all .dat files inside your SceneryIndexs located here:

Steam: C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SceneryIndexes

MS Store: C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes

• Like 1

Standard thing (other that what is already been suggested) is to remove EVERYTHING from the Community Folder other than the PHNL scenery.  Start the sim, clear/delete any rolling cache, then restart the sim, check and report back.

I removed everything from the Community Folder except the iniBuilds PHNL scenery and cleared the rolling cache.  The phantom trash cans and bus stops are still there.  I think I'll uninstall the scenery and reinstall next.  Any other suggestions would be appreciated?

I moved the community folder items back into the MSFS community folder, and uninstalled the iniBuilds PHNL scenery and checked the default airport and the phantom trash cans and bus stops were not there.  I reinstalled the scenery and checked again and the phantom trash cans and bus stops were back.

16 hours ago, rob0085 said:

Another question, I noticed a PHNL GSX Profile v1.3 in the changelog.  What is that and do I have that when I purchased the addon?

This is a config file for GSX Pro. It adds a multitude of ground handling equipment to the sim. If you want to use it, you'll have to buy it here.

As for your problem.. Is there the possibility that you bought something on the marketplace that could place something there? If you did all the steps above there is no reason why those props would be there otherwise 😕

@gumbyger Thanks, I already have the GSX Pro. The PHNL GSX Profile v1.3 sounded like it was a different scenery addon for the airport.  I've seen some where when boarding and un-boarding the people actually walk into the terminal which is pretty cool.

As far as the scenery, I did have a free one for PHNL from flightsim.to and the first thing I did was delete that folder from the community folder.  What is interesting is I removed all the folders except the inibuilds PHNL and they were still there.  I put all the folders back in the community and uninstalled PHNL to the default Microsoft airport and although the airport was terrible the trash cans and bus stop were gone.  After reinstalling, the phantom cans and bus stops were back.  This is very strange.  I have several inibuilds airport addons and love the details.  This is the first and only one I've had and issue with.

Edited by rob0085

19 minutes ago, rob0085 said:

@gumbyger Thanks, I already have the GSX Pro. The PHNL GSX Profile v1.3 sounded like it was a different scenery addon for the airport.  I've seen some where when boarding and un-boarding the people actually walk into the terminal which is pretty cool.

As far as the scenery, I did have a free one for PHNL from flightsim.to and the first thing I did was delete that folder from the community folder.  What is interesting is I removed all the folders except the inibuilds PHNL and they were still there.  I put all the folders back in the community and uninstalled PHNL to the default Microsoft airport and although the airport was terrible the trash cans and bus stop were gone.  After reinstalling, the phantom cans and bus stops were back.  This is very strange.  I have several inibuilds airport addons and love the details.  This is the first and only one I've had and issue with.

Yes, the profile we deliver with the airport will have those walking people! You'll need to copy the two files into /AppData/Roaming/virtuali/GSX/MSFS and it should work when using GSX (at the A Terminal)

What would be interesting for me to know.. if you uninstall our product and reinstall the free one from fs.to, do you also have the trashcans/busstops?

@gumbyger Thanks for the information on the people walking in the terminal, I didn't know that.  I usually back up all my install files so I will see about putting it back in to test.  It'll be Monday when I do it and I'll give you and update then.  Thank you for your help.

5 hours ago, rob0085 said:

@gumbyger I did as you suggested, I uninstalled the iniBuilds addon and reinstalled the free one for PHNL from flightsim.to.  There were no trash cans or bus stops, in fact there was nothing modeled there.  Please see the screen shot below.

Mh.. that doesn't make any kinda sense to me 😕

It may be LOD related, though this is already a longshot; do the extra objects eventually disappear when you are near them long enough?