a310 (MSFS) Totally Nonfunctioning

bon_jovi

Hello!

Ever since launch last year the a310 on msfs has never worked for me. Only 40-50% of the buttons/switches work and they're all illuminated like a light test was being conducted (even in cold & dark mode w/ battery off). This has rendered the plane useless for me.

I loved using the (more thorough) version of this in X-Plane, but since I want to switch from 11 to 12 and the a310 has gone the way of the dinosaurs on that platform, I'd like to use the msfs version now.

I pray the solution does not entail a windows reinstall!

This is the plane loaded in cold & dark state:

177856662_MicrosoftFlightSimulatorScreenshot2022_11.13-20_33_38_38.thumb.png.25929c74335956aa7d5f3f21785a661e.png

This is the plane loaded in ready for takeoff state:

1014085413_Screenshot(31).thumb.png.97d26f0d838157bd76d23212b3900113.png

System:

Ryzen 7 5800X3D

RTX 3050 8gb

16gb DDR4 RAM

Windows 11

Edited by bon_jovi

Heya!

Mmh.. this is a bit of a weird one as your plane looks like it didn't fully compile, which is the case with very old CPUs; however your CPU isn't very old so this shouldn't be the case.

I'm guessing you already tried to uninstall the plane through the content manager and redownloaded it?

Update:

Doing a reinstall/empty community folder combo did coax the plane into working, but refilling the community folder brought me back to square one. So now I've just got to figure out what the offending addon(s) are. However, I cannot explain why this move did not work the first time I tried it months ago. 

• 2 months later...

Hello, i had the same problem the last few days, plane would load in but the entire overhead panel and half of the other buttons were unclickable with all the lights on. For me FSUIPC7 was the issue, uninstalling and reinstalling with no additional features except for autostart did the trick and now the plane works every time.

• Thanks 1

Man, I wish I had these sorts of problems.  I have all of the issues above; however, not only are my displays not on and the overhead looks like it's in test mode, but the tablet pad various states of cold and dark and flight ready don't do anything at all.  I'm definitely running an old CPU, which is an i7 980x but geesh, I can only fly around blind.  Love the plane, but at this juncture it is completely unflyable.  I looked at Norton and Malwarebytes as I thought maybe one of those protection software ate a javascript guage or something, but that was not the case.  I tried the trim switch, I've tried just about everything.  Something is not either allowing it install properly, or build fully.  Hope there's a workaround. 

Forgot to mention I tried all of the recommended solutions, including emptying the community folder and any other conflicts.  The only thing I haven't done is uninstall MSFS and reinstall or Install a fresh Windows.  Not going to do that as people have and it didn't fix anything.

20 minutes ago, AmBiVeRtWVU said:

Man, I wish I had these sorts of problems.  I have all of the issues above; however, not only are my displays not on and the overhead looks like it's in test mode, but the tablet pad various states of cold and dark and flight ready don't do anything at all.  I'm definitely running an old CPU, which is an i7 980x but geesh, I can only fly around blind.  Love the plane, but at this juncture it is completely unflyable.  I looked at Norton and Malwarebytes as I thought maybe one of those protection software ate a javascript guage or something, but that was not the case.  I tried the trim switch, I've tried just about everything.  Something is not either allowing it install properly, or build fully.  Hope there's a workaround. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your CPU doesn’t support AVX, which the A310 needs. So I am afraid the only solution for you would be a CPU upgrade 😕

No sweat.  I will eventually build a new system.  I had a suspicious feeling AVX was the issue.  This requirement is starting to surface as a continual issue on several pieces of software. most of which I had no interest, until now.  The CPU I have really is still quite functional.  This CPU lasted me a long time.  Oh well. I'll probably keep this system and move to linux then go with a cheap i5. Appreciate getting a definitive response from you guys so quickly. Will certainly be exploring more from your development team. I never found a need to upgrade until now, as it impacts one of the few pieces of software that I love.  I think though that I'll wait until MSFS 2024 comes out before building the system.  I'll move this system to my driving sim and wait it out.  Thanks again.   

While I'm on this topic, I might as well ask: Will it be possible to port over these MS 2020 planes including inibuilds plane into 2024?  Will Microsoft be layering new planes on top of the original MS 2020 planes.  Hope someone develops an import tool.  The only thing I really have always hated about ugrading MSFS is having to say goodbye to the old stuff.  

4 hours ago, AmBiVeRtWVU said:

While I'm on this topic, I might as well ask: Will it be possible to port over these MS 2020 planes including inibuilds plane into 2024?  Will Microsoft be layering new planes on top of the original MS 2020 planes.  Hope someone develops an import tool.  The only thing I really have always hated about ugrading MSFS is having to say goodbye to the old stuff.  

Microsoft said virtually all 2020 planes will be compatible with 2024 from the get go 🙂