Issue with update 1.0.3

willenium

Hello.

I updated NZQN to version 1.0.3 today and the terminal (and some surrounding buildings) are overlayed with generic buildings (see image). It's as though the an exclude file is missing.

image.thumb.png.58de298b761157bca26fde153512f6d2.png

I should note that the default NZQN has been removed, the INI scenery has been tested as the only product in the community folder and my rolling cache has been cleared.

Any ideas?

Thanks 🙂

• Like 1

Hey again.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried both and still getting the same result with that large building appearing through the terminal (and outer hanger anomolies etc.).

Additionally, I've (a) removed all scenery and get the first image; and (b) installed just the default Asobo NZQN and get the second image. No large building in either... so it 'appears' to be related to the INI scenery. 

nzqn_noscenery.thumb.jpg.9e877afe7edf055c81bc7ea14de2dd33.jpg

nzqn_asobo.thumb.jpg.6e47391864a18e53774ff34b0c92e970.jpg

Obviously I concede that I'm the only one experiencing the issue, so clearly something at my end. Is there any chance I can rollback to and download v1.0.2 as I didn't get this before the update. It would also help me troubleshoot further. And I'd happily live with a bump in the runway over this 😉

Cheers, Will.

I adhere to this issue... while having NZQN Version 1.0.2 from MS Marketplace, the scenery works fine.

By updating to 1.0.3, the Terminal building is the default one and the small bump at RWY 05-23 still persists.

I only have "Points Of Interest" from WU12 installed. Regarding WU13, I have a partial installation, mainly airports from Oceania. 

So far, I'm reverting back to 1.0.2 for the moment.

image.thumb.png.efd5dd7838f38721be233fac820a63ad.png

I'm no scenery designer, but after watching a few SDK tutorials, I've successfully added several 'rectangles' that exclude default buildings. It's removed the generic structure engulfing the terminal and after playing around with rectangle heights, also managed to exclude some generic buildings around the helicopter and Milford Sound hangers.

Not ideal, but it's gone all quiet from INI here...

This leads me to wonder if in the process of fixing the runway bump, either (a) it's altered the height of the terrain which seems to affect exclusion rectangles; or (b) these exclusions have been deleted.

In any case, be great to have access to download v1.0.2 again.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, baires said:

I adhere to this issue... while having NZQN Version 1.0.2 from MS Marketplace, the scenery works fine.

By updating to 1.0.3, the Terminal building is the default one and the small bump at RWY 05-23 still persists.

I only have "Points Of Interest" from WU12 installed. Regarding WU13, I have a partial installation, mainly airports from Oceania. 

So far, I'm reverting back to 1.0.2 for the moment.

image.thumb.png.efd5dd7838f38721be233fac820a63ad.png

I'm sorry... MSFS states version 1.0.1 - which has 2 small bumps - near to both TDZ of RWY 05/23.. but still we get the Terminal Building right - 

Thank you!!
Rafael

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Out of interest.. What happens, if y'all that are having the problem delete the SceneryIndexes?

Steam Version: C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SceneryIndexes

MS Store Version: C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes

7 hours ago, gumbyger said:

Out of interest.. What happens, if y'all that are having the problem delete the SceneryIndexes?

Steam Version: C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SceneryIndexes

MS Store Version: C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes

Still... it doesn't solve a thing.. I've uninstalled NZQN through IniBuilds manager.. deleted some .dat files at SceneryIndexes, related to NZQN and the "FS-Base" ones. (I hadn't deleted'em all). Then re-installed it via Inibuilds Manager, no succeed; also installing it via Marketplace wasn't a solution either.

I think there's has to be some compatibility issues with World Update 12 - New Zealand. If you take a look at NZA Simulations facebook page, they are still dealing with some compatibility issues with their sceneries and WU12 -> https://www.facebook.com/NZASimulations

So far, I will use Asobo's NZQN + https://flightsim.to/file/7510/queenstown-airport-surroundings-nzqn until a proper fix can be found. They work perfect combined in WU12.

Thank you Gumbyger!!

Warm regards,

Rafael

Screenshot (16156).png

Can confirm deleting Scenery Indexes does not fix the issue. I'd assume that most recent update has played with your inhibit area for default scenery but interestingly enough, reinstalling the Asobo handcrafted scenery also has the default AI buildings there too.

On 7/1/2023 at 5:44 PM, gumbyger said:

• 2 weeks later...

I believe I've solved this issue - at least for me it's solved. You need to have Photogrammetry turned ON. 

Had an issue with another scenery and this was the cause. Flew to NZQN and everything looks as it should! 🙌

Sorry for the nuisance... it wasn't something I tried when troubleshooting. 😞 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, willenium said:

I believe I've solved this issue - at least for me it's solved. You need to have Photogrammetry turned ON. 

Had an issue with another scenery and this was the cause. Flew to NZQN and everything looks as it should! 🙌

Sorry for the nuisance... it wasn't something I tried when troubleshooting. 😞 

Great!! I always have it ON.... maybe turning it OFF and ON again, would do the trick???

Thanks!

Rafael

• 2 weeks later...

Now, I've understood what was going on... and it was that 3D Photogrammetry wasn't installed....

I've installed it and now it seems to be working right! I have the PHOTOGRAMMETRY option ON at "GENERAL OPTIONS" -> DATA - I was missing the actual PG of NZ...

Thank you everybody!!

Rafael

image.thumb.png.d3ede84547feab24fa5407dbada479c8.png

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/25/2023 at 6:24 PM, baires said:

Now, I've understood what was going on... and it was that 3D Photogrammetry wasn't installed....

I've installed it and now it seems to be working right! I have the PHOTOGRAMMETRY option ON at "GENERAL OPTIONS" -> DATA - I was missing the actual PG of NZ...

Thank you everybody!!

Rafael

image.thumb.png.d3ede84547feab24fa5407dbada479c8.png

I have it on and I have the same issue as everyone else.  Just now saw this.

• 5 months later...
On 7/16/2023 at 3:53 AM, willenium said:

You need to have Photogrammetry turned ON.

Thank you for solving the issue! Much appreciated!

I usually have PG off, because I'm not particularly fond of buildings appearing like in a "Fallout" scenario. Seems like I have to live with it...

Cheers,

Markus.