Constant crash to desktop since install KJFK

csv1996

So since installing this new scenery, every flight I try crashes to desktop.  and before someone askes, yes I uninstalled the default asobo handcrafted version, and also removed from gsx as well prior to flight.  I will note that i was flying PMDG 738 but will also note that was first flight with the 800 since PMDG last update.  Attempting again with MD80, if I don't get a crash with the mD80 I will update post.

2 hours ago, csv1996 said:

So since installing this new scenery, every flight I try crashes to desktop.  and before someone askes, yes I uninstalled the default asobo handcrafted version, and also removed from gsx as well prior to flight.  I will note that i was flying PMDG 738 but will also note that was first flight with the 800 since PMDG last update.  Attempting again with MD80, if I don't get a crash with the mD80 I will update post.

With MD80, I was at least able to land, however shortly after parking at gate, crash to desktop.

Heya!

This definitely shouldn't happen, sorry you're experiencing these issues. Unfortunately there isn't any logging withing MSFS so it's always a little hit and miss to find the issues here.

Can you please try with an empty community folder (only JFK and plane of your choice to do the flight) and try again?

• Administrators

Someone reported the use of a version of Nvidia filters? 

Please can people try with this off, and an empty community folder..

Matt Y.
Head of Vendors & Partners | iniBuilds

I haven't tried with an empty community folder yet, but I have been able to duplicate this ctd. I flew into 22L, parked up and shortly after got a crash. It gave me some message saying that it was graphics drivers or GPU overheat that caused the crash. I know the card didn't overheat cuz I monitor temps. It should be noted I just updated my Nvidia drivers

• 3 months later...
On 4/17/2023 at 12:26 AM, drewdrew46 said:

I found the solution: The problem appears to be with the DX12 Beta. I switched back to DX11 and all was good. It's a shame because DX12 fixed a ton of microstuttering problems for me, but at least the sim doesn't crash

I had the same problem, with KJFK causing MSFT CTD. Switch to DX11 solved the problem for me. Thank you.