EGLL London Heathrow v3.02 Crash on Loading Screen - PC

RigidFlyer

Hi Guys!

My first post here, hope you all doing great!

So, I just end up like 3 days a go setting up my system it has all latest drivers and high spec parts, as is an 13gen I7 13700k stock with 32gb kit dual channel GSkill 6400mhz Hynix A-Die running at XMP1 profile, then 3 x NVME drives total of 2Tb  as 1x 1tb + 2x 500Gb Nvme's and additional 256Gb SSD drive, with RTX ASUS ROG STRIX OC 4080 and board is ROG MAXIMUS HERO Z690 latest bios,  my monitor is IPS 1440p GSync 165Hz refresh rate, and psu is 1000W Gold EVGA SUPERNOVA, so its quite solid build and all running stock, now my SIM is also all updated and running all good any other addons and sceneries form inibuilds no issues, so I did turn off all addons all mods and then one by one put them all back together to find out that issue is London Heathrow Airport, I have not tried to run off all additional stuff like HD Textures down to SD textures or off the airport special modifications I have not tried that yet, but could someone advise if you have had same issue and how this can be sorted and are inibuilds dev team aware of this issue? Thanks all much appreciated 

Also worth to mention my CPU has thermalright contact plate for lga 1700 to correct the contact of HSI with my velocity block this system is cooled by EKWB water cooling MLC 240mm but its the thick rad of 69mm so its 240mm rad but amount of coolant it takes same as 360mm and i just 2 months a goo serviced my loop by draining and refill with new Cryofuel clear by EKWB 

Have all rest of an amazing day!

Did you add them one by one so that there were other addons in the folder when you got to EGLL, or was EGLL the only addon in the folder when you encountered the crash? If you haven't, remove all addons, open MSFS, delete any rolling cache, ensure the Asobo Default EGLL is uninstalled if you have it, close MSFS. Delete the Scenery Indexes (typically ... C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes). Do a fresh install of EGLL, then start MSFS (with just EGLL in the Community Folder) and try again. Good luck.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AndyM said:

Did you add them one by one so that there were other addons in the folder when you got to EGLL, or was EGLL the only addon in the folder when you encountered the crash? If you haven't, remove all addons, open MSFS, delete any rolling cache, ensure the Asobo Default EGLL is uninstalled if you have it, close MSFS. Delete the Scenery Indexes (typically ... C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes). Do a fresh install of EGLL, then start MSFS (with just EGLL in the Community Folder) and try again. Good luck.

Thanks for feed and type!

I have deleted all addons and other sceneries from other companies then start MSFS it did lunch then I install EGLL crash then deleted EGLL and added all addons one by one no crash then again Installed EGLL and lunch then got Crash on loading screen, so to me its clear EGLL causing crash now what exactly don't understand, now will delete all the Indexes and try to install one more time EGLL and lunch then disable the additional futures of EGLL and see how it goes 

Heya!

Mmmh, that sure is a weird one. The sim definitely shouldn't crash when you're trying to run EGLL with an empty community folder. I'm actually not quite sure how to help you further than what Andy already said, as MSFS unfortunately doesn't offer any kind of logging as to why the sim crashed.

Let me know how the Index deletion goes. Also maybe uninstall the default Asobo EGLL - it shouldn't cause any crashes when both are installed, but it's maybe another thing to try.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/1/2023 at 11:52 PM, gumbyger said:

Heya!

Mmmh, that sure is a weird one. The sim definitely shouldn't crash when you're trying to run EGLL with an empty community folder. I'm actually not quite sure how to help you further than what Andy already said, as MSFS unfortunately doesn't offer any kind of logging as to why the sim crashed.

Let me know how the Index deletion goes. Also maybe uninstall the default Asobo EGLL - it shouldn't cause any crashes when both are installed, but it's maybe another thing to try.

Hi Gumbyger,

So totally late on response but my crashes of Sim now fixed it turn out that my problem was all in the guidance system for the Heathrow airport v3 as I had installed the Visual Docking Guidance System (VDGS) Installer and that was the addon to blame for crashes as soon I uninstall the sim and airport start to works as it should 🙂 

Now my question, did you guys updated this to be compatible with V3 and also with sim update 12?

20 hours ago, RigidFlyer said:

Hi Gumbyger,

So totally late on response but my crashes of Sim now fixed it turn out that my problem was all in the guidance system for the Heathrow airport v3 as I had installed the Visual Docking Guidance System (VDGS) Installer and that was the addon to blame for crashes as soon I uninstall the sim and airport start to works as it should 🙂 

Now my question, did you guys updated this to be compatible with V3 and also with sim update 12?

I actually think the one on our forum is a bit outdated, I'll try to get an update for that one. In the meantime you can simply use a version directly from Nool 🙂

https://fs.nool.ee/MSFS/VDGS/Releases/noolaero-module-vdgs_latest.msi