ILS path ?

pmplayer

Guys, had a lot of problems to hold her correct on the ILS path, the annunciator shows i am on the path but she loses them all the times.

On the ILS way down the plane does often very big hits up and down and this results that i am mostly to deep long before the runway, could there be looked at ?

Maybe something to do with the flight model file, because the rudder and pitch inputs are reakting very, very hard..

This bird is hard to land therefore we should have a good capturing and flight on the ILS path - IMO.

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

Hi! What’s your approach configuration? To be honest I’ve only done two ILS approaches so far, but I haven’t had stability issues yet. I’m typically at 277kph with full flaps and it’s pretty stable. It does seem to drift slightly off the localizer though in crosswind, but not enough to destabilize the approach. 

That being said there’s an FAQ that mentions the plane’s autopilot wasn’t built for low speed use and is intended to be hand flown. That may be what’s happening. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Iconography said:

Hi! What’s your approach configuration? To be honest I’ve only done two ILS approaches so far, but I haven’t had stability issues yet. I’m typically at 277kph with full flaps and it’s pretty stable. It does seem to drift slightly off the localizer though in crosswind, but not enough to destabilize the approach. 

That being said there’s an FAQ that mentions the plane’s autopilot wasn’t built for low speed use and is intended to be hand flown. That may be what’s happening. 

I will look into this, not shure anymore what my speed was, your 277 means 277KM/H what is 150knots with full flaps ?

cheers 😉

OK ,My third ILS approach worked, but that has nothing to do with the set of the right KM/H. I had set this speed also with the other approaches but there at some point as far as i set full flaps the nose of the plane goes rapidly down and grounded me..

What i changed was the weight, and way too much heavier, the whole middle part was used ( 180000kg ? ) before i had only a truck loded, so could it be if you are loaded too lightly which affects the stability of the flight attitude in some cases ?

I will do more tests but this shows up for me - at this third flight at apporach i could set full flaps witout the nose diving issue..

cheers 😉

I've learned the hard way that you have to be very careful with your speed on approach. If you engage VEL while on approach to slow down, the throttle will go to idle and it will attempt to use the aircraft's pitch to maintain speed. This has caused a few stalls for me. Instead of using VEL, either use manual throttle or carefully maintain pitch with VRTCL.

• Thanks 1