Very low volume sounds

Captainnex

Guys, the sound that used to be very loud is now very low even with headphones at maximum, the simulator sounds at maximum and the operating system too. The general sounds of the plane are pretty good, if you could just turn the volume to maximum like before and let everyone adjust the volume on the EFB it would solve this problem. The sound of the plane was never a problem due to its low quality, on the contrary it is the most faithful sound of the GE CF6 that the simulators have, the problem has always been a matter of high volume and equalization.
       I know that there is no way to attend to everyone, so I suggest that they come back with the volume adjustment bars that they had in the first version in the efb so that each one adjusts the volume of engines, inside, outside and wind volume 🙂

• Like 2

Heya!

Which version of the A310 are you currently running? Are you already on the Beta?

On the topic of sound sliders: The efb sound settings gave you the same controls you have with the sim's default settings - they didn't actually override the game's default volume settings and this caused issues for multiple users (mostly on an audio balancing front and it not sounding as intended), so we've removed them.

• iniBuilds 1

8 hours ago, gumbyger said:

Heya!

Which version of the A310 are you currently running? Are you already on the Beta?

On the topic of sound sliders: The efb sound settings gave you the same controls you have with the sim's default settings - they didn't actually override the game's default volume settings and this caused issues for multiple users (mostly on an audio balancing front and it not sounding as intended), so we've removed them.

Yes, I'm using the latest version 1.1.8 in beta. As I said, even with everything at maximum volume in the simulator and headphones, the engines remain low at idle and in the cockpit, especially in flight, you can only hear the wind in cruise. Before I had to lower the volume when I was going to simulate with it because it was too loud and now we have to leave everything at maximum and it still remains low, I think increasing 30% of evidence of maximum engines would be ideal inside and outside.

The wind in flight is perfect, you don't need to change anything in the volume and it doesn't bother you like before in the cockpit, I think that just making the volume of the engines more evident, about 30% in the cockpit and about 20% outside, would be great.

One thing I noticed is that the aircraft has no sound of exhaust gases from the engines, when we turn the camera it doesn't even seem that the engines are working expelling gases and forming that classic sound of turbulent winds

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Captainnex said:

Yes, I'm using the latest version 1.1.8 in beta. As I said, even with everything at maximum volume in the simulator and headphones, the engines remain low at idle and in the cockpit, especially in flight, you can only hear the wind in cruise. Before I had to lower the volume when I was going to simulate with it because it was too loud and now we have to leave everything at maximum and it still remains low, I think increasing 30% of evidence of maximum engines would be ideal inside and outside.

The wind in flight is perfect, you don't need to change anything in the volume and it doesn't bother you like before in the cockpit, I think that just making the volume of the engines more evident, about 30% in the cockpit and about 20% outside, would be great.

One thing I noticed is that the aircraft has no sound of exhaust gases from the engines, when we turn the camera it doesn't even seem that the engines are working expelling gases and forming that classic sound of turbulent winds

Same here, except that for me the wind sound on high speed is too silent. Don't know if that's a system thing...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, flykorni said:

Same here, except that for me the wind sound on high speed is too silent. Don't know if that's a system thing...

I think they should make all engine and wind sounds as clear as possible, keep an average volume level of the aircraft as (default) and set it up for everyone to control to their liking. When cruising and going uphill, I practically don't hear the sounds of the engines in the cockpit with the headphones, msfs2020 and windows at maximum volume. I think the problem would be solved if they went back with those sound control bars, keep the default half and leave it free for everyone to adjust. Before the problem was the sound with very high volume even when lowering the volume and without equalization, now the sound is great, but with very low volume

Another sound that is missing is the sound from the back of the engine, when you have the external camera and go from the front to the back there is practically no sound of the engine expelling gases. I don't know if it's because of the volume or because it doesn't have

I hope they found a solution and everyone's consensus, maybe see how the other developers make sounds like PMDG, Fenix and FBW and maintain a similar level of volume 😄

Edited by Captainnex

5 hours ago, flykorni said:

I have to add that wind sound in the cabin seems pretty good, only in VC it's too silent for me.

Look how it sounds in take off and climbing, very evident as expected from the GE CF6 

Look at the external sound, with a lot of deafening buzzing and the sounds of gases coming out behind what I said

Edited by Captainnex

6 hours ago, flykorni said:

I have to add that wind sound in the cabin seems pretty good, only in VC it's too silent for me.

As you can see, they are very evident and loud in the cockpit on takeoff and on climb, but not to the point of being annoying, the hum is mainly evident and does not lose volume on climb, remaining until cruise when power is reduced, the sound of the engines they are very evident inside the cabin until the cruise where the hum of the engine rotor is kept lower, when stable the sound of the wind and of the cockpit instruments and fans prevails, but always audible in the background, when there is some change in power or engine (buzz caused by the blades) are more evident than the cockpit sounds.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using the latest MSFS beta update and noticed the same thing. The sounds are too low for me as well. Even on the outside view I hear the wind more than the engine. 

topic of sound sliders: The efb sound settings gave you the same controls you have with the sim's default settings - they didn't actually override the game's default volume settings and this caused issues for multiple users (mostly on an audio balancing front and it not sounding as intended), so we've removed them.

Maybe use the same system as FBW320? Would that be viable?

• Like 2

Guys who have the sound low, I found that by disabling the spatial sound of the windows the volume increases a lot and in my case it was solved that way. Some windows spatial sound equalization ends up muffling the aircraft sounds

Something must be amiss here, just got my SU12 update on xbox.

Inside the cockpit there is now this constant looping whine once you turn on the batteries, it's painful as you can't stop hearing this annoying split second pause and it's at a frequency that is always above all other sounds like the apu bleed, packs, hell even the now quiet engines.  The noisiest part of the plane has now become the battery whine in the cockpit, no longer the engines, they seem to have lost all their grunt!  During flight inside the cockpit the engines even at full power sound like I have an air compressor running in the background, they certainly no longer sound like jet engines.

Another weird one is when the APU kicks in the increased noise that typically happens when I turn on the APU bleed next (packs come on) is already at that volume, turning on the bleed you can hear some almost muted background sounds kicking in but that "packs are running" sound is there from the start, apu bleed being on or not.  Likewise when now turning on the engine starter the packs don't 'audibly' power down either, basically barely any ambient volume difference between the engine starters being on or not. How this compares to the real plane I have no idea but it just sounds VERY different to that it was before and as I recall from  flying other airliners when on PC was that the engine starting procedure very audibly powered down the packs.

Something strikes me as not being right here and sound is such an important feature and as much as I love your work guys, based on the current sounds the immersion of flying this plane has gone down to the level where I will have to leave it in the hangar.  So I do hope this can be attended to because being stuck on xbox this is the only airliner worth flying currently.

• Like 1

Yep, the sound now after SU12 is awful, before it was way better, the engine sound in the cockpit are so low, before the sound was awesome and made fun to fly this great plane, but now with the bad sound it doesnt make so much fun anymore, pls change it to before SU12

• Like 1

Other sounds that seem to be completely missing or inaudible is the gear movement sounds, the flap also made this mechanical/hydraulic sound when going to flaps 15/15, don't hear that at all anymore and also when rolling down the runway or even taxiway you used to occasionally get that thumping sound, like you were going over a rougher patch, not sure what it was but you do hear it as well irl, also seems to be completely gone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...