Texture Options

Jazz

In the configuration section there is the part where you can select HD textures or SD textures but all of a sudden both buttons are grey and there is no sign of which is installed. When in the sim my impression is that they are SD textures. Hitting the HD button does nothing. The rest of the scenery selection switches seem to work fine.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case before the last update.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Did you update, or do a fresh install? I use Addons Linker, so most of the time I do a fresh install of scenery packages when updates appear, and I'm seeing the SD and HD buttons active. I think the default installation is SD as that was showing after the download. I have HD active now.

8 hours ago, Jazz said:

In the configuration section there is the part where you can select HD textures or SD textures but all of a sudden both buttons are grey and there is no sign of which is installed. When in the sim my impression is that they are SD textures. Hitting the HD button does nothing. The rest of the scenery selection switches seem to work fine.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case before the last update.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Same here after installing Version 3.1, not clear, which version of textures are installed (used to work before the update).

Greets,

Markus

Hi, the solution for this is as follows: 

Go to your Community folder -> inibuilds-aiport-heathrow-egll -> Scenery -> airport-egll-london -> egll-modellib. In there you'll probably see three folders, one named texture, one named texture.HD and one named texture.SD. It seems that the download has downloaded the SD textures twice. You may safely remove the folder named texture, then re-name either one to just texture (i.e., texture.HD to texture). Reload the iniManager and your options should be back to normal. Please let me know if this works for you

Edit: We aim to have this fixed within the next day or two so this won't be necessary; but this is the immediate fix

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JoshF said:

Hi, the solution for this is as follows: 

Go to your Community folder -> inibuilds-aiport-heathrow-egll -> Scenery -> airport-egll-london -> egll-modellib. In there you'll probably see three folders, one named texture, one named texture.HD and one named texture.SD. It seems that the download has downloaded the SD textures twice. You may safely remove the folder named texture, then re-name either one to just texture (i.e., texture.HD to texture). Reload the iniManager and your options should be back to normal. Please let me know if this works for you

Edit: We aim to have this fixed within the next day or two so this won't be necessary; but this is the immediate fix

Thank you for this. I have not had time to try it yet and won't be able to until tomorrow which sounds like you may have resolved it by then anyway.

hi team,

something not working correctly with the EGLL textures inimanager. just updated KLAX and it allowed me Perfectly to choose HD or SD textures, the button highlighted blue. As for EGLL, you click on SD or HD and nothing happens. folder egll still shows 5.67gb with HD and SD. 

1 minute ago, Koawood said:

hi team,

something not working correctly with the EGLL textures inimanager. just updated KLAX and it allowed me Perfectly to choose HD or SD textures, the button highlighted blue. As for EGLL, you click on SD or HD and nothing happens. folder egll still shows 5.67gb with HD and SD. 

Did you read the thread? The solution has been posted.