Waypoints not recognized in FMGC

OliveBeast20441

Hello iniBuilds Team,

First off, Happy New Year to all!

I have encountered several waypoints (fixes, mostly, not VORs or NDBs) that produce the "Waypoint not in database" error when inputting them into the FMGC. I usually input all my waypoints manually from the SimBrief generated flight plan. Navigraph have confirmed that their database is complete, as the waypoints appear when using other MSFS aircraft (A320NEO and the TBM930, for example). 

Is this a known issue with the A310, or is there a workaround that can be applied to have these "missing" waypoints how up on the FMGC flight plan page?

Thank you,

Mark

Heya and happy new year to you too :]

We are aware of that issue, yes; as a workaround, you should be able to enter those waypoints directly on the FPLN page (put the waypoint into the scratchpad, then press the LSK according to the position you want to enter it). Could you try this please? 🙂

If that doesn´t work, please give me a short list of some exampled which waypoints don't work.

Hello,

I can't seem to now add certain waypoints to the FMS in the A310. Specifically these are BK404 and BK402 near Banja Luka airport. I get a message saying 'waypoint not in database'. When I try and add these waypoints in another aircraft (eg FBW320) these waypoints do load in (NB I have to choose from more than one option as there is more than one waypoint named the same).

I tend to test things (eg landing etc) by doing a circuit at Banja Luka airport (LQBK). I have a (up to date) Navigraph subscription (and have updated the Navdata today) and use the charts there (12 Nov 21 is the latest) for a circuit from Rwy 34.

Chart 12-1 (RNP RWY 34) is the one containing the waypoints which I want to program into the FMS.

NB I think these waypoints did work back in November. Not sure why the FMS won't accept these now.

Grateful for advice.

W

1 hour ago, 1Orange2 said:

Hello,

I can't seem to now add certain waypoints to the FMS in the A310. Specifically these are BK404 and BK402 near Banja Luka airport. I get a message saying 'waypoint not in database'. When I try and add these waypoints in another aircraft (eg FBW320) these waypoints do load in (NB I have to choose from more than one option as there is more than one waypoint named the same).

I tend to test things (eg landing etc) by doing a circuit at Banja Luka airport (LQBK). I have a (up to date) Navigraph subscription (and have updated the Navdata today) and use the charts there (12 Nov 21 is the latest) for a circuit from Rwy 34.

Chart 12-1 (RNP RWY 34) is the one containing the waypoints which I want to program into the FMS.

NB I think these waypoints did work back in November. Not sure why the FMS won't accept these now.

Grateful for advice.

W

Heya!

I merged your topic into this one, as it is about the same issue. Could you please try the above described way to enter the waypoints?

Hi there! Thanks for the quick reply!

That (entering waypoints manually on the FLPN page via the relevant LSK) is how I was trying to enter the waypoints. I have also tried entering the next waypoint via the page that comes up when you click the previous waypoint (I think the LAT REV page).

BK404 and BK402 don't seem to work. I haven't tried others in the area yet.

Like the user above, these waypoints do work in other aircraft.

W

Gumbyger,

I tried your suggestion and it did not work. I am inputting my flight plans manually, so this is where the 'database error' was generated. 

I created a flight plan from EPGK to CYTR and two waypoints produced the error:

PIKIL 56°0’0.0"N 015°0’0.0"W

HOIST 55°1’60.0"N 057°0’0.0"W

These were entry and exit points for the NAT track that day. Please note that it is mainly fixes that generate the error; I have not seen this with NDB or VOR waypoints.

If your team is aware of the issue, then no worries - I can wait for the fix to come in an update. 

Thank you,

Mark