Everything posted by MediocreGorilla
- v1.0.1 right inner flap track fairing misaligned
-
v1.0.1 broken cargo door textures
Hi everyone, first of all thanks for the first round of fixes, this is highly appreciated! With v1.0.1 something seems to be going on with cargo door textures. Currently they look like this for me: Liveries have been updated via the iniManager and they all show the same glitch. The EFB says I'm on v.1.0.1 so not sure if it's on my side? Cheers!
-
Visual flaws
One more A hydraulic hose on the nose gear is missing animations when steering: Cheers!
-
Visual flaws
Don't get me wrong on that - I'm not criticising anyone's work. I'm just a little cautious after the A340, which still has several confirmed and logged visual inconsistencies since its release. Most of these would take 10โ30 minutes to fix, and yet here we are, almost exactly one year later, with no changes. iniBuilds' art team has skills that are far superior to those of most competitors โ there's no doubt about that. It's just their tendency to quickly move on to other projects and their extremely slow response to easy fixes that makes me wary. The high visual fidelity of their planes simply deserves perfection in every corner. That's why I'm taking the time to write reports on my findings. I certainly wouldn't waste my time if I thought it wasn't worthwhile. Kyle already does a great job of keeping everything logged, that's an important first step and already much better than on previous releases. That's why I'm staying positive. ๐ค
-
Visual flaws
Hi everyone, another few: Hinges of both AC hose doors clipping into fuselage Bulk cargo door piston not properly animated. Piston clipping through cylinder and not connected to door Bulk cargo door locking bold floating and entire fuselage edge not flush with the interior Rear cargo door entire fuselage edge not flush with the interior Props to Kyle at this point, you're doing a great job! โบ๏ธ Cheers!
-
Unrealistic engine spooldown
Hi everyone, just like any other ini plane, the A380 is also plagued with an unrealistic simulation of engine spooldown. N1 values, sounds and visuals spool down around 100% faster than real life. Here's a visual comparison of v.1.0 and real life footage (taken from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnxvvb4sSvE):
-
v.1.0.0 Exterior Sound Flaws
Hi everyone, I've noticed a bunch of sound issues with the initial release of the A380. I'm having a hard time getting recordings of what I'm referring to, as the issues are mainly related to spatial positioning, so I hope my description is enough to explain them: Engines 3 and 4 have no exterior sounds. Or at least, the sounds aren't positioned where the engines actually are. The entire engine soundscape seems to be shifted to the left side of the aircraft, and not a single exterior sound seems to originate from Engines 3 and 4. Also, when putting these two engines into TOGA, there's no noticeable change in sound. The interior sounds are fine, though. Not only does the exterior sound sample for the packs sound more like a hair dryer than an aircraft's air-conditioning system, but the sound also seems to originate from the nose of the aircraft. None of these seem to be related to streaming. I've downloaded the aircraft and cleared WASM several times, but nothing has changed. I hope you can reproduce these issues! Thank you.
-
Visual flaws
Hello everyone, unfortunately I'm quite underwhelmed with the visual quality of the A380. It looks shiny from far away, but a closer look reveals a lot of flaws, sloppy work and lack of quality control. Here's a list of what I've encountered so far: Slats clip heavily into the engine pylons. Engine pylons are not flush with the wing Spoiler actuatory clip into flaps when extended during Flaps 0 There's a gap between the two MCP panels on both the Captain's and FO's side Main gear bay doors are heavily bugged in their animation logic, remaining partly open in flight 7. On the both RR and EA engines, the blades in the rear of what I believe is the N2 stage are constantly moving very slowly. If they are intended to be static, why would they move? If they are intended to be animated, they don't move relative to their engine parameters. Strobes and beacon are not in sync. Both do a free run and overlap with different timings, which is very atypical for Airbus aircraft and not something I've ever seen on an A380. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1549515224917213376/1549515230529200229/Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_2024_2026-09-15_21-59-29.mp4?ex=6aaafa03&is=6aa9a883&hm=a4e11b5adbb589151e1fe386e9f70753a0b93711e3c64bd393aaa6b429c3c139& I understand this is a very complex aircraft and things can be missed, but there's definitely a lack of QA when obvious issues with slats and gear doors are missed. While based on your track record I don't expect a lot to be fixed, can at least the obvious items be taken care of before you head over to your next project please? Thank you.
-
ACP arrow decals missing
Hi everyone, I'm not sure this is intended, but several turn-push-knobs on the ACPs are missing their arrow decals, making it impossible to read their current position. Is this intended? This was on EI-HHU from IniBuilds, but can be observed on any Ini livery. Cheers!
-
Main landing gear brake pipe missing polys
Hi everyone, a tiny detail, but you force me to it with those high fidelity models: :) The inner lower brake pipe connectors on both main landing gear wheels miss some polys. Cheers!
-
Small gaps at the engine exhaust
Hi @iniKyle , thanks for logging this! I've since spotted another small gap right above that area. It's symmetrical on both sides: Also with the latest update, unfortunately the polygon reduction seems to have introduced a tiny regression just around the same area. On the edge of a certain panel on the exhaust, the inner edge no longer follows the contour of the panel, but is square: Maybe you can also take a look at this when taking care of those gaps? It may be tiny, but you know, once you see it... Cheers!
-
Exterior sounds audability inside cabin
Hi everyone, I'd like to pass on an observation that I already reported on the Synaptic Discord as I'm not too sure where sound feedback is more placed more appropriately. I've noticed a little issue with sound positioning inside the cabin. There's this nice feature that exterior sounds, especially the packs, are audible inside the cabin when the doors are opened. However the positioning of these is a little odd as you can hear them in the rear of the cabin when door 1L is opened. Small demo in the video: https://i.imgur.com/f34XoTS.mp4 As a side note: Packs could also need a little boost in range (not volume) on the exterior. In real life, you can easily hear the loud pack sound around the aircraft nose for example, but in sim, it's were the falloff already makes them inaudible. Can you take a look? Cheers!
-
Small gaps at the engine exhaust
Hi everyone, during walkaround I noticed these two areas where there's no backfaces and you can see right through the entire pylon. Maybe you can patch those up real quick? ๐ Cheers!
-
Wing mesh torn around slat rail openings
Hi everyone, I just spotted a small spot on the wings during repaint where the mesh is broken and there are two holes. These are located just above the slat rail openings of the 4th outermost rail on both wings. Maybe some duct tape could help. ๐ Cheers!
-
v1.0.10 DHL sprite not applied to door controls hatch door
Hi everyone, this is not new but I've never seen anyone mention it. This is probably very specific to the D-AEAF DHL livery but may be present on other liveries aswell whenever they have sprites around this area. Whenever the door controls hatch door next to the main cargo door is opened, the red sprite above the door doesn't animate, but there is some weird shading going on instead. Nothing too bad but maybe worth checking at some point. Cheers!
-
v1.0.10 apu heatblur remains stationary
Hi everyone, first of all thanks for the latest update. The long term support for your first aircraft is much appreciated and for me it gets more perfect and fun to fly with every update! With 1.0.10 I've noticed some strange behaviour of the APU heatblur. It appears to remain in place where it was rendered for the first time, not moving with the aicraft at all. At the arrival airport there is no heatblur at all becaus I guess it still animates at the departure stand. ๐ I'm not using any effect mods, this is pretty much a vanilla install. Maybe you can take a look when time allows? Thank you!
- v1.0.9 black artifact floating above right wing
-
v1.0.9 tiny button clickspots
Hi everyone, unfortunately with v1.0.9 a lot of buttons, especially in the overhead (haven't tested every single one yet) have their clickspots greatly reduced in size. It's only about the size of the red square in the following screenshot: It's basically impossible to properly push these without being close up. This is the same across all variants. Can you please check? This makes the plane kind of hard to control once airborne. Cheers!
- v1.0.9 black artifact floating above right wing
-
v1.2.5 Cargo door animations - it got worse again
Hello everyone, I have resigned myself already to the fact that the A350 (aswell as the A340) cargo doors will never be animated properly. However what brings me back to these forums is the fact that you somehow manage to make matters even worse. With v1.2.5, the models are all over the place when opened. The hinges are completely disconnected. The hydraulic piston heavily clips into the cargo door. The power cable is clipping, decals are not animated and float in midair. The hydraulic piston is offset. Hydraulic lines are all over the place. It truly baffles me how an art team that unquestionably produces aircraft with the highest visual fidelity in the entire market is unable to correct such simple and obvious inaccuracies over the span of more than a year. Iโm aware that the probability of this being completely ignored once again is very high, but I simply canโt tolerate a product that deteriorates with almost every update.
-
Overhead integ lighting flickering
Hi everyone, thanks for the latest A300 update. Glad to see this aircraft still receiving some love and getting the few last rough corners polished out! I don't know if I just noticed this now and it's bin here before, but with the latest version, there's to texts on the overhead that heavily flicker during night time. The ENG START and ENG TRIM labels are strobing/z-fighting like crazy between two different texture states: Maybe you could look into this? Cheers!
-
Flap clipping into spoilers on actuation
Hi everyone, today I noticed that during the transition between Flaps 0 and Flaps 1+F, the outer rear end of the flaps clip into the spoilers: Maybe you can take a look? Cheers!
-
v1.1.8 aft cargo door alginment regression
Hi everyone, the incorrectly aligned aft cargo door from pre 1.1.7 versions is back in 1.1.8. Waiting more than 6 months for a simple, 5 minute visual fix, just for it to be gone one release later, I just give up at this point. I wish you all the best for future projects.
-
v.1.1.7 A350-1000 aft cargo door offset
Hi everyone, additionally to my general feedback on cargo doors, which applies to both variants, I've got one more observation on the -1000 variant that I'd like to pass one. The outer skin of the door has a major offset to the inner panel, resulting a overal broken look. I think the isides are the one with wrong positioning, as the outer skin is flush with the fuselage when closed. Can you take another look? Cheers!
-
v.1.1.7 cabin window seals misaligned
Hi everyone, I just noticed a tiny detail while setting up some new views. On the left hand side oof the aircraft only, some windows have the left half of their seals not sitting flush with the window frame. The following rows have an affected window on the A350-900: 12 28 29 33 (both Windows) 36 37 The following rows have an affected window on the A350-1000: 16 29 30 37 38 40 41 Am I bored? Maybe. ๐